Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray unveils Cowan as new coach 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray's next coach, for realz?  (Voting closed: April 01, 2011, 07:01 PM)
Ivan Lendl - 4 (30.8%)
Jimmy Connors - 0 (0%)
Andre Agassi - 1 (7.7%)
Brad Gilbert - 1 (7.7%)
Barry Cowan - 2 (15.4%)
Someone else - 5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray unveils Cowan as new coach

(Read 6437 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #360 on: April 04, 2011, 10:53 AM »

Whatever Nadal and Djokovic are on, AM needs some it.  Having watched last night's superb final, those two are currently on a level above the rest.

Also having watched the full match all I can say is that I am grateful that Andy was not in the final against either of them. He would have been lacerated
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #361 on: April 04, 2011, 11:03 AM »

Nice one PT! Smile
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #362 on: April 04, 2011, 11:46 AM »

Whatever Nadal and Djokovic are on, AM needs some it.  Having watched last night's superb final, those two are currently on a level above the rest.

There on a road to burn out.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #363 on: April 04, 2011, 12:24 PM »

There on a road to burn out.
Nonsense! I used to think that about Nadal, however......
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #364 on: April 04, 2011, 12:37 PM »

Nonsense! I used to think that about Nadal, however......

He gets injured every year without fail.

DjokoGOAT really needs to take it easy this Clay season, but as he's too obsessed with being #1 he's only going one way.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #365 on: April 04, 2011, 01:38 PM »

He gets injured every year without fail.

DjokoGOAT really needs to take it easy this Clay season, but as he's too obsessed with being #1 he's only going one way.
So?  You're point is?  They're both still streets ahead of Andy right now.  This really annoys me.  To try to take away from these players the achievements they have, is both childish and churlish.  We're all Andy fans, and gutted that he doesn't appear to be performing as we'd hope.  However, throwing pelters at those more successful is pretty sad, and makes you come off as being a *****, to be blunt...
[ Last edit by Elly April 04, 2011, 01:49 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #366 on: April 04, 2011, 01:52 PM »

^ And I apologise, I didn't mean to name call... but get with the programme! 
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #367 on: April 04, 2011, 02:44 PM »

So?  You're point is?  They're both still streets ahead of Andy right now.  This really annoys me.  To try to take away from these players the achievements they have, is both childish and churlish.  We're all Andy fans, and gutted that he doesn't appear to be performing as we'd hope.  However, throwing pelters at those more successful is pretty sad, and makes you come off as being a *****, to be blunt...

It's churlish to dismiss these achievements in 6 months time if they fail at the USO, but that's what people will do.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #368 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54 PM »

It's churlish to dismiss these achievements in 6 months time if they fail at the USO, but that's what people will do.
It's not churlish, Lurking, it's about being realistic when a guy appears 3 times in a slam final and fails to deliver.  I don't like this any better than you, but Djok, Nadal etc. have proven they are up there.  This is a fact, and one you cannot dispute. 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #369 on: April 04, 2011, 03:03 PM »

It's not churlish, Lurking, it's about being realistic when a guy appears 3 times in a slam final and fails to deliver.  I don't like this any better than you, but Djok, Nadal etc. have proven they are up there.  This is a fact, and one you cannot dispute. 
I second that.....I do think Fed may be on the slippery slope though!
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #370 on: April 04, 2011, 03:04 PM »

It's not churlish, Lurking, it's about being realistic when a guy appears 3 times in a slam final and fails to deliver.  I don't like this any better than you, but Djok, Nadal etc. have proven they are up there.  This is a fact, and one you cannot dispute.  

Then Murray's right, he has zilch to gain by playing Tennis right now.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #371 on: April 04, 2011, 03:05 PM »

^ In what way?  Are you nuts?
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #372 on: April 04, 2011, 03:07 PM »

^ In what way?  Are you nuts?

If a result doesn't change your opinion why is it used to back up your opinion?
[ Last edit by Lurking April 04, 2011, 03:11 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #373 on: April 04, 2011, 03:12 PM »

^ You've lost me chuck.  I'll bow out and allow you to argue with yourself.  hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray unveils Cowan as new coach « Reply #374 on: April 04, 2011, 03:20 PM »

Then Murray's right, he has zilch to gain by playing Tennis right now.

Totally.  This wasn't what you were saying before.  Of course he has the right to bow out.  But his results are nowhere near that of Djok or Nadal.  That was my point. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »