Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray vanquished by history 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray vanquished by history  (Read 9379 times)
kris

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #135 on: July 12, 2012, 01:41 AM »

lol so fed looking affectionaetly at his daughter is PR?!  you people are the lowest of the low . I think this is why andy loses because of such disgusting fans .

Keep it up oh great "humble" fans of "murray" .  I am sure if fed sneezes he looks "arrogant" too right ?

what if fed helps his mother with something ? I guess he is doing it to make homself look god huh ?

Because obviously fed has no feelings right ?!  He must be a automaton who doesn't love tennis right ?

idiots .
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #136 on: July 12, 2012, 01:53 AM »

I'm not so naive as to be totally taken in by this, but Fed sounded genuine enough in that article.  I think Andy's reaction really did strike a chord with him.  Empathy can't be manufactured, it has to be there in the first place.  However, I fully expect a return to the old Federer very soon.
I doubt his PR team were so clairvoyant that they could foretell the outcome of the tournament, and I think they would have been a bit hard-pushed to get Federer to change his attitude in the time available once it was known that he and Andy would meet in the final.

And I am sure if Andy had won Wimbledon, then I am sure I'd have sounded just as genuine and forgiving as Federer as well but that would have been temporary and not a moment of the actual truth but a biased one as I'd be overwhelmed with my own happy emotion. He was so genuine that he had to specify that in his next line. Once a cheater always a cheater. 
IP Logged
kris

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #137 on: July 12, 2012, 02:07 AM »

Excellent quotes from Andy murray about FED

"It's hard, it's tough to take, but you need to show strength of character to come back from it," said Murray."

"We're talking about one of the greatest athletes of all time. You've got to put it in context a little bit."
IP Logged
kris

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #138 on: July 12, 2012, 02:13 AM »

Federer on himself in this article

Wimbledon 2012: I'm not greatest player - Roger Federer

Roger Federer says he does not feel like the greatest player ever despite winning his seventh Wimbledon title.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18764325

The Swiss beat Britain's Andy Murray to capture a record 17th Grand Slam triumph - his first since January 2010.

But he said the modern era meant players were under more pressure to chase records.

"I don't feel better than anyone, because we need past champions to pave the way for our generation and we have become very professional," he said.

"They have led the way and inspired myself and other players to chase the big records out there.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #139 on: July 12, 2012, 02:45 AM »

lol so fed looking affectionaetly at his daughter is PR?!  you people are the lowest of the low . I think this is why andy loses because of such disgusting fans .

Keep it up oh great "humble" fans of "murray" .  I am sure if fed sneezes he looks "arrogant" too right ?

what if fed helps his mother with something ? I guess he is doing it to make homself look god huh ?

Because obviously fed has no feelings right ?!  He must be a automaton who doesn't love tennis right ?

idiots .
Right - that's enough from you.  I'm reporting you to moderator.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #140 on: July 12, 2012, 08:26 AM »

I've permanently banned him.
IP Logged
indirachap

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #141 on: July 12, 2012, 10:21 AM »

I dont think Federer is arrogant - afterall he is the greatest player in history and deserves respect.

It was obvious that Andy beating him five years ago got up his nose and he wanted to put this
young "upstart" in his place.  When Andy continued beating him he got even more annoyed because at that time he could beat almost anyone with his eyes closed and he did not need to go all out when playing youngsters - but when playing Andy he did have to and he didn't want to. Also Andy's game was different and Federer I feel couldn't be bothered to adapt to it. Now he has to.

I think his certain smugness is only natural. He has proven the point that it is not easy to be a great champion and that greatness is not bestowed on a player overnight.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #142 on: July 12, 2012, 10:52 AM »

I dont think Federer is arrogant - afterall he is the greatest player in history and deserves respect.
It was obvious that Andy beating him five years ago got up his nose and he wanted to put this
young "upstart" in his place.  When Andy continued beating him he got even more annoyed because at that time he could beat almost anyone with his eyes closed and he did not need to go all out when playing youngsters - but when playing Andy he did have to and he didn't want to. Also Andy's game was different and Federer I feel couldn't be bothered to adapt to it. Now he has to.

I think his certain smugness is only natural. He has proven the point that it is not easy to be a great champion and that greatness is not bestowed on a player overnight.

WRONG.
And i really don't buy the GOAT argument.
I agree with the rest of your post however & if you think about what you have just said you might actually realise why as stated in your own post Federer can't be classed as the GOAT.
One of the greatest yes, but one of a number.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #143 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54 AM »

Andys on mock the week 10 pm tonight bbc 2 .
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #144 on: July 12, 2012, 11:24 AM »

.   clap
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #145 on: July 12, 2012, 12:08 PM »

Good! Thanks Mark!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #146 on: July 12, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Good news, thanks. It was all so.. Rolling Eyes and  yawn

I am pissing some of the Federer fans off for sure. This was the last one I had to post.
From a few days ago.. Think
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #147 on: July 12, 2012, 02:56 PM »

I don't like blanket statements. Just because he has 17 GSs doesn't really mean he's the greatest of all time. As I've said a number of times in the past, numbers don't lie but they never tell the whole truth either. Federer has a lot of grey areas in his entire career and if one is really interested, they can always do a bit of research and find out.

As to your second statement, no, smugness is not natural. It's purely made up. Surely he can't think his achievements are bigger than the likes of Mother Teresa or Mahatma Gandhi etc.? Do you think their paths were easy? Yet the difference is night and day. It's completely within your reach to stay grounded and it almost always comes down to what you choose in the end.  And he chose to be an arrogant prick.

And it was easy for him because the era he stepped into back in those days was the era when tennis was seeing its lowest low. He simply capitalized the situation and he’s still doing that. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #148 on: July 12, 2012, 02:58 PM »

From a few days ago.. Think

If you followed my posts here then you would have realized that I wasn't talking about Federer fans here but on some other forum.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #149 on: July 12, 2012, 03:00 PM »

If you followed my posts here then you would have realized that I wasn't talking about Federer fans here but on some other forum.
I have, and that was my point.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply