Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray vanquished by history 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vanquished by history

(Read 9745 times)
Little Laroo

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Brilliant match and excellently played by Murray.

It was a nice close match until they had the rain delay and shut that poxy roof. There was only going to one winner after that as it nutralised the conditions in Federer's favour (and he's probably one of the greatest indoor players there is). Frown

I nearly cried when Andy lost. Still lots to be happy about though. Very Happy He'll get his slam! He's made great strides today (and in the last few weeks and months) and won a lot of new fans.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 07:53 PM »

Fed just too good 2day  Frown

But so proud of Andy for fighting till the end !!! 

Andy has a soft heart , and Fed , well he will forever remain Smug Im afraid.
IP Logged
Gilbert
Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Andy,
Thanks for the hard fought match!  I am from the US in the state of Georgia and look forward to your breakthrough
in a major.  Do not let up!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 08:05 PM »

I'm far too emotional to read anyones's posts.

I just want to say I couldn't be more prouder of Andy if I tried.

That speech... crying as I type this.

Never give up Andy... never!
IP Logged
Little Laroo

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Andy has a soft heart , and Fed , well he will forever remain Smug Im afraid.

Totally agree with this I'm afraid to say. Federer was one of my favourite players until the 2009 Wimbledon final when he strutted over to be interviewed after winning wearing that ridiculous suit with the number of Wimbledon wins already embroidered on it. He was totally classless and showed such a lack of respect for his opponent.

I know he had that suit ready after every other previous Wimbledon win but 2009 was particularly galling. Roddick played a brilliant match (and almost won it) and yet Federer had turned up not expecting to put in much effort.

Glad he didn't have the suit this year but his comment that Andy [Murray] will win one slam someday was beyond charmless and just a bit smug and totally didn't say how much effort and fight Murray had put in.
[ Last edit by Little Laroo July 08, 2012, 08:11 PM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 08:13 PM »

What a man. Hero for me today. Worth the last seven years for that closing speech alone.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 08:15 PM »

Lousy title Boogers -- get a grip!
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 08:19 PM »

I've been following Andy's career since his first Wimbledon (most faithfully in the grass court season if I'm honest due to lack of TV options) and was so proud of him today and how he handled himself on this momentous occasion. Well done to Andy he's done Britain (and Scotland in particular) proud. I still have a lot of hope that he will someday soon win that crucial first slam!

I hope he has won a lot of new fans over the course of the tournament. He certainly deserves to after being so unfairly treated by the media over the years. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried at the post match interview. It was so emotional! 

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds for him. Loved how he didn't cave in and was fighting right up to the final point.  Smile

Sorry if I've just repeated what everyone else has said.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 08:33 PM »

So pleased that you all feel the same as me ie great pride in how Andy played today and how he acquitted himself in defeat.  So sad for him but he did himself justice and what more can we ask.  Just been on bbc website and there's a thread of v positive tweets from 'celebs'.  I really believe more than I ever did that Andy can win a GS now.  He was so close today and it took smugfed playing at his best to stop him.  I think smugfed did realise when Andy was speaking just how much this meant to him and for once he looked as if he did feel for Andy.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 08:34 PM »

Yes, Federer can play tennis, but how he can have so many admirers amazes me.  What did he say---that Andy would win one slam some day.  What a graceless baboon. He will see.

Andy broke a record just getting into the final at Wimbledon. That was huge.  Well done, Andy, today was a great taste of future events!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 08:42 PM »

Judy has just tweeted a picture of champagne saying let's get fizzical, great day, great tourney, great son.  Could not agree more, she should also be extremely proud.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 08:53 PM »

Judy has just tweeted a picture of champagne saying let's get fizzical, great day, great tourney, great son.  Could not agree more, she should also be extremely proud.

Absolutely extremely proud as we all are. 
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 08:53 PM »

Andy gave a good account of himself, really pleased for him.

He seemed OK in the BBC interview an hour later I reckon Lendl and his team just bombarded him with positivity.He said he was glad he went for his shots- which is a good thing, i dont think he regrets the manner of how he played where as in the past he has!

I think the next challenge is to get into consecutive grandslam finals. the more he does it the more chances he will have to win one. Take the positives and move on. Lendl is the perfect guy for helping andy now..cos he's been there. Difference is lendl didnt make 1 final per year he'd make 2 or 3, and thats what Andy needs to do.  This is the next challenge, yes rafa will be back Nole will have recovered from his flu., feds back to his best and the usaul ballbasher on a good day has the potential andy out in 4r/Qf, but its a tough era, and andy will have to keep toughing it out till he wins one. he's got about 2-3 seasons left in his peak so still plenty of chances.
IP Logged
Little Laroo

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 08:54 PM »

The whole country should be extremely proud of Murray. Brilliant player, great man.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 09:09 PM »

would some tennis expert please tell if Andy will ever win a slam?  I just wanted it so  badly... so badly.  it was so close today... so close.  maybe gold in the Olympics. Very Happy  I'm very mentally drained right now Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »