Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray vanquished by history 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray vanquished by history  (Read 9256 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 09:26 PM »

just thought i would like to post this.From Marjorie Orr.Posted 7th July 2012 11.00. 
  Andy Murray a glimmer of hope.
Andy Murrary, the scots tennis player,is the first UK player to reach the Wimbledon Finals
in 74 years and tomorrow he faces Roger Federer who will play in his eighth Wimbledon mens
Finals,of which he has won 7.

Oddly enough the axis of both mens charts are similar with Federer having a 6 degree Gemini MC
and Murray a 7 degree Gemini MC-with tr Jupiter aiming to reach six degrees Gemini on Sunday.So
two winners .Seriously though Federer has slightly more uplift from Jupiter transits to several midpoints
including Jupiter/MC and tr Pluto sextile his solar Arc Jupiter both of which would suggest a good run.
  Murray does have Jupiter transits to several midpoints also but not quite as good,however these things
are always relative to the individual.
  Its worth noting that both with Virgo Ascendants have tr Saturn moving through their lower profile
first quadrant.For all that they seem to be battling effectively against the grain.

Clues might come from the mother Judy Murray,a stalwart and forceful supporter of  Andy.Born
8th September 1959.Shes a Virgo sun with a heavily aspected Saturn in bleakish Capricorn. It
is in a hard square to Mars North Node in Libra and trine Venus Pluto Mercury in Virgo so she is intense,
can be irritable and does not budge easily.She also has Jupiter Moon in Scorpio.Tr Jupiter is square her
Mercury/Venus and Mercury/Pluto now and square her Jupiter over the final so certianly filled with high hopes.In
the aftermath come mid July she is sparkling with delight  The relationship chart between Andy and Judy Murray has tr
Jupiter trine composite Pluto and trine composite Jupiter tomorrow which looks highly positive.
  Her solar Arc North Node and Mars are moving across her Jupiter 2012/2014 which might be when she could expect major
triumphs.Andys tr Jupiter moving across his Midheaven and 10th house lasts till September 2013 so he is definitely in a good phase.
  Country charts oddly enough often show up major sports wins.And the UK chart does have tr Jupiter trine the Solar Arc Midheaven
and trine Sun/Pluto both of which indicate a great moral boost and a surge of confidenceso who knows it is just possible.

Footnote his lunar return for this month has Jupiter Venus in the 10th which certainly indicates that he be successful though in his terms that might mean just getting to the finals.

His weekly outlook from July 9th

Unexpected events,seemingly out of your control,are bringing you valuable learning lessons.What you have to learn is not to feel resentful
or blame other people for the position you find yourself in.Try to see the benefits and silver linings which come with situations which can at first seem unfortunate.

,                                                                               
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 09:28 PM »

would some tennis expert please tell if Andy will ever win a slam?  I just wanted it so  badly... so badly.  it was so close today... so close.  maybe gold in the Olympics. Very Happy  I'm very mentally drained right now Frown

He may. He's good enough - but is unlucky to be playing in an era where three of the games greats are at their peak.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 09:30 PM »

^^  life sucks Frown  it isn't fair
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 09:31 PM »

I absolutely believe that Lendl is the right man to take Andy forward. The fact that we saw a positive Andy for the whole match (if you discount a slight lapse in the 3rd) as encouraging signs that he played to win not the other way round in the previous 3 finals.

No one not even Djoko or Rafa could beat Fed indoors today and Andy gave a pretty good account of himself. Andy had pressures of not taking even a set and he was a couple of points away to make it 5-4 in his favour in the 2nd set. Had he taken a 2 sets to love lead and the weather was kinder, who knows?

But there's no doubt that Andy is getting closer. An AO SF where he took Nole to the brink of defeat and reaching his first Wimbledon final in 76 years should be very proud.

With USO coming up, I hope that everything will truly come together.

Just a thought, Lendl's favourite hunting ground was USO and when he lost his first Wimbledon final in '86 but won USO after. Let's hope these Andy will take a similar path.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 09:32 PM »

boogers thank you for putting aside your own habitual negativity and writing a report that reflects the mood on MW. 
I've not seen the BBC interview but am glad if Andy sounded better in it.  However I did see the shot of him embracing his dad and leaving in the car and he looked pretty crushed I thought.  My heart went out to him.  Someone I think said that he said something about feeling he belonged there this time and that is exactly what I felt.  For the first time he played and carried himself like someone who really believed he belonged in a gs final and could win it.  So perhaps to lose is that much more devastating initially but in the longer run I think he can build on this for the future and it's not long till olympics and uso.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 09:38 PM »

It will make it all the more sweet when he does win wimbledon - and he will!
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 09:38 PM »

I hope he is enjoying some rest now and can get his head round the fact that he is not a loser but more man than Fed will ever be.
He played great tennis and yes has great talent but boy is he smug.
I wanted to punch his smarmy face when he spoke to Andy like he was some little kid trying to break into tennis.
"Will win at least one GS he said " Smarmy b******, who does he think he is.

Andy was much more sincere and gracious about him, proving he is the best all round ie on the court and also off.
Feds go choke on a Toblerone. shocking
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 09:43 PM »

You should be proud, Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 09:45 PM »

I hope he is enjoying some rest now and can get his head round the fact that he is not a loser but more man than Fed will ever be.
He played great tennis and yes has great talent but boy is he smug.
I wanted to punch his smarmy face when he spoke to Andy like he was some little kid trying to break into tennis.
"Will win at least one GS he said " Smarmy b******, who does he think he is.

Andy was much more sincere and gracious about him, proving he is the best all round ie on the court and also off.
Feds go choke on a Toblerone. shocking
and strangle yourself with a rolex watch  w00t
actually apart from the condescending bit about Andy winning at least one GS he wasn't quite as awful as I'd feared  I guess because he saw just how much the crowd was behind Andy at the end and even he had the nous not to rub it in.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48 PM »

It's inevitable that he will feel down tonight. The adrenalin release will see to that, but tomorrow in the post mortems from this tournament I am sure that he and his team will see all of the many positives from the last two weeks. As he himself said he is getting closer.  If he had lost in straight sets it might have been harder to cope with, but all the signs of progress are there. Not too mention the 74 year wait for a finalist are now over. Hopefully more people will now see just what we have in Andy Murray.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48 PM »

He may. He's good enough - but is unlucky to be playing in an era where three of the games greats are at their peak.

Makes a difference from your "Will. Never. Win. A. Slam." during the Ferrer match the other day!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #41 on: July 08, 2012, 10:03 PM »

hug Great report boogers! Summed it up perfectly yes
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Andy,
Thanks for the hard fought match!  I am from the US in the state of Georgia and look forward to your breakthrough
in a major.  Do not let up!
welcome

Thanks for joining the Forum,  Gilbert. Good you appreciate Andys game.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #43 on: July 08, 2012, 10:08 PM »

Just seen his interview on bbc website.  Grief he managed to give such a coherent interview - so impressive.  And on the website it said that he'd apologised to smugfed for being the centre of attention - well that says it all.  Could you imagine smugfed saying the same had it been the other way round? What more proof do people want of this young man's modesty and thoughtfulness?
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Just seen his interview on bbc website.  Grief he managed to give such a coherent interview - so impressive.  And on the website it said that he'd apologised to smugfed for being the centre of attention - well that says it all.  Could you imagine smugfed saying the same had it been the other way round? What more proof do people want of this young man's modesty and thoughtfulness?

Isn't he just the most fabulous young man? Of course Fed wouldnt have apologised did you watch the AO final in 2009 where Rafa won against him and he cried taking all the attention for himself....its not like he was slamless or playing at home or anything, he already had 12 slams by then!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply