Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray vanquished by history 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vanquished by history

(Read 10800 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 10:25 PM »

would some tennis expert please tell if Andy will ever win a slam?  I just wanted it so  badly... so badly.  it was so close today... so close.  maybe gold in the Olympics. Very Happy  I'm very mentally drained right now Frown
I'm no expert John but I'm sure its just around the corner. We witnessed a big difference today, to play 4 tight sets and come so close.

We are all hurting right now, the aftermath is awful and we have to start supporting him (and each other) all over again.

Federer is phenomenal, therefore no shame on Andy. And who could deny that today? It must be a huge mental asset to have won a Slam when playing in the final.

I wish we were popping the champagne and delerious with success.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Sorry Phil, forgot to thank you for the match report, forgot my manners!
 You did Andy proud.

It must have been difficult to write, so double the thanks.  Smile
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Bad luck to Andy Murray,am so proud of you win or not.Fed best make the most of this moment because i dont think he will be no1 for long.
And this maybe his last grandslam win.Hope Andy is not to badly affected by this loss,his time will comeof that i am sure.He must just keep having faith in himself and his game.This is where Ivans work really starts,as he has to make Andy keep believing in himself,otherwise this loss
could be bad news.Icried when Andy lost he works so hard is so polite,it made me so sad to see him crying.Will never stop believing in Andy
he will win a slam of that i am sure.Next the olympics,then roll on the US open,as i believe that is where Andy will win his first grandslam,and i think if he can get over this loss quickly he will win this years US open.GOOD LUCK GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS ANDY.
IP Logged
alisonfiner

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 11:04 PM »

Just joined this forum, and wanted to say I thought Andy played his best match in a Slam Final today. I've watched all his televised matches since 05 and I can see many positives since Lendl became his coach, more aggressive play, better mental attitude etc. 

Also I was glad to see I wasn't alone in crying during his very emotional on-court interview.

Looking  forward to US Open.  Come on Andy!!

IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 11:14 PM »

Well done, Andy! Not more that I can add, but very proud of you and your humility.

Good report and thank you, Phil
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54 PM »

If only we had no feelings,we might accomplish so much.We would not have to let our emotions impede us and,if our numbness went deep enough,we might also avoid being hidebound by the various ethical and moral considerations that often deter us from otherwise profitable enterprises.Sensitivity can be such a nusiance at times!But then,it can also be so deeply rewarding that it compensates for any number of compromises.This is Andy Murray to a t and i would not want him any other way.Being this way will make it all the sweeter when he does win his first grandslam.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 12:08 AM »

hug Great report boogers! Summed it up perfectly yes
Yes, despite the title, the content was excellent Boogers.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 12:26 AM »

Gritty and emotional and almost there, Federer smug and self congratulatry as usual and lacking in charm or sincerity as he graciously wished that ANDY WOULD WIN AT LEAST ONE GRAND SLAM! I wanted to punch him. Give me Rafa or Jocko any day as they at least give Andy genuine respect. Lets hope Andy smashes him to bits at the next final if Fed makes it ever again. Andy will make him eat those words as he goes forward. He has the whole nation and many more behind him. nah   yay
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 12:40 AM »

It should definitely be Murray mount now he has achieved more than Henman did and we should aknowledge that. Federer did not even thank Andy for a great match or give him any credit for achieving something no other Brit has done for 76 years and that is one for the history books. He was so scared Andy was going to make him cry as he has done on several occasions and he will do it again. Crying genuine tears rather than 'Oh look I have won another Wimbly, better fall on my knees and make some crocodile tears then'.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #54 on: July 09, 2012, 12:46 AM »

Just joined this forum, and wanted to say I thought Andy played his best match in a Slam Final today. I've watched all his televised matches since 05 and I can see many positives since Lendl became his coach, more aggressive play, better mental attitude etc. 

Also I was glad to see I wasn't alone in crying during his very emotional on-court interview.

Hi! wave  Welcome to MW and thanks for your positive post.  And thank you Phil too for your very good report.

Well I think just about all that can be said about this match has been said.  Would it have made much difference had the roof not been closed?  I don't know.  Certainly Federer seemed to take on a new lease of life but I feel that Andy didn't have too much left in the tank mentally and emotionally after his semifinal win - which was a major achievement in itself and one which also moved Andy to the verge of tears, so we know how much it meant to him.  I think winning the final was just one step too far here, which isn't surprising given the pressure and expectations that were heaped on his shoulders after that win, and also the fact that he was playing one of the greatest players of the modern era.

I'm very, very proud of what Andy has achieved in this tournament, especially given the pretty tough draw he had.  Also he didn't go out with a whimper against Federer but kept battling on until the very end.  He'll feel gutted for a day or so, which is a normal reaction, but his whole mental attitude has changed now.  In the BBC Sport report Andy says -

"It's hard, it's tough to take, but you need to show strength of character to come back from it ... We're talking about one of the greatest athletes of all time. You've got to put it in context a little bit."

Yes, Andy, you have that strength of character, you have a great team behind you and you have a legion of loyal fans plus the many more you won over yesterday.  You will come back, hopefully stronger than before.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 12:47 AM »

As Cameron would say we're all in this together! Think we were all crying with Andy today, tears of sadness mixed with joy.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 01:06 AM »

Some are born great others achieve greatness. Look out Federer and good night /morning to you all.
IP Logged
Whandy

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 01:42 AM »

Delurking.

Excellent write up indeed.
Andy achieved his goal in this match, which was to fight till the end. I am more certain than ever before that he will win very soon. I am looking forward to the OG/ US Open, as long as he maintains this attitude, he will see the results.
Cheers.
IP Logged
Maxjulian
Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 04:05 AM »

I've always respected his game, but I respect the man, much, much more, particularly after his emotional speech. He is a champion human being. And I am sure the Grand Slam titles are on their way.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 06:34 AM »

I've always respected his game, but I respect the man, much, much more, particularly after his emotional speech. He is a champion human being. And I am sure the Grand Slam titles are on their way.

clap cmon yeah thumb up udaman

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »