Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray vanquished by history 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vanquished by history

(Read 10478 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #195 on: July 17, 2012, 09:51 AM »

"Hi, I'm Andy," said the modest Wimbledon finalist at the proffering of a Diary hand.

So sweet, and some very good advice! Thanks for posting.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #196 on: July 17, 2012, 05:37 PM »

I hope Lendl is taking giant notes about those break point conversions at Wimbldon final. It’s nothing new but needs an immediate priority. US Open is just around the corner.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #197 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Thanks Bbh, he really is a lovely person.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #198 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42 AM »

Wow!.. I've been away too long. I had no idea he was like this.  Rolling Eyes
'Fraid so.  Clarkson's a grade A twat.   Apparently he's the highest-paid BBC presenter earning an estimated £3.5m a year.  What for?  Showing off by driving fast cars and insulting as many people as he can?  How I would love to shove my foot right into the middle of his silly, arrogant face!

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #199 on: July 18, 2012, 10:51 AM »

How I would love to shove my foot right into the middle of his silly, arrogant face!

Careful Aileen - I passed him in the street recently, he was hailing a taxi. He's quite a big guy!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #200 on: July 18, 2012, 12:28 PM »

'Fraid so.  Clarkson's a grade A twat.   Apparently he's the highest-paid BBC presenter earning an estimated £3.5m a year.  What for?  Showing off by driving fast cars and insulting as many people as he can?  How I would love to shove my foot right into the middle of his silly, arrogant face!

Do it Aileen !!! Someone needs to arrogant w----r !!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #201 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38 PM »

I do not know why  those so called celebs get off. Clarkson is a big mouth and seems to think he is something special. He is less than average and anyone with a bit of sense could easily do his job. He is over hyped and vastly overpaid he should be one of the celebs that take a pay cut like the others. Ordinary people struggle to make ends meet and this moron is paid far far too much.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #202 on: July 18, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Also did anyone read Des Lynam, in the telegraph on Saturday ? Saying Andy shouldn't of cried and I quote " we have seen Federer shed tears at the end of GS  but there is a difference , it was only when he won" !!!! I don't think Des watched 2009 aus open when Fed was runner up to Nadal!! I have rung and written to the telegraph and told them perhaps they should get the facts right before putting it in print. I await a response.   shocking

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #203 on: July 18, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Attagirl, deb. yay Grrrr Boxing
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #204 on: July 18, 2012, 04:14 PM »

How many has beens and no marks are crawling out of the woodwork to give their tuppence worth?  I want to say to each and every one of them - what the **** are you fourth best in the world at?  That's right - NOTHING !!!!!!

Jeremly Clarkson - I cannot believe he is one of the highest paid presenters at the BBC, he has an opinion on everything and seems to be well informed on nothing, he came out and said that Public Sector Workers who went on strike should be shot !!!!  Well I am a public health worker and one that has not had a pay rise or a cost of living increase for three years despite the cost of living rocketing over the past three years I wonder if Mr Clarkson got a pay increase????

To all of them that seem to want to make a sarky comment or two on Andy I say watch this space, this young man is a Grand Slam winner in waiting and that wait is getting shorter as each day passes by.  Andy's emotions were totally genuine and the result of a hard two week battle to get to the finals, also he is burdoned with the weight of a nation, would love to see Jeremy Clarkson deal with that wouldn't you ?????
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #205 on: July 18, 2012, 04:58 PM »

Bloody spot on MM!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #206 on: July 18, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Deb, do keep us posted. Andy's speech was so sincere and endearing: how anyone could criticize it is beyond me. Especially not knowing the story behind Fed's crying post-AO loss in 09. Clearly the writer is clueless as that ceremony is infamous, and only but a few years ago too.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #207 on: July 18, 2012, 10:52 PM »

Feds crying was so bad, totally outshowed Nadal winning the trophy.  Geez Andy just shed a few tears, but made a wonderful speech.  I can't read your newspapers, but you all should get a writting campaign going and lambast the editors.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #208 on: July 19, 2012, 01:21 AM »

Also did anyone read Des Lynam, in the telegraph on Saturday ? Saying Andy shouldn't of cried and I quote " we have seen Federer shed tears at the end of GS  but there is a difference , it was only when he won" !!!! I don't think Des watched 2009 aus open when Fed was runner up to Nadal!! I have rung and written to the telegraph and told them perhaps they should get the facts right before putting it in print. I await a response.   shocking
Good for you!  Maybe you should have sent them this video of the whole nauseating performance (I'd fogotten Federer spoke twice!).  You can see how disconcerted Nadal is.  First Spaniard to win the AO and Fed ruins his victory.  Absolute shame.

And for those who can bear the comparison - Andy's brief heart-breaking speech in 2010    

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #209 on: July 19, 2012, 02:04 AM »

I actually felt sorry for Federer that day. Can't be hard on someone who's heart is breaking at that moment because it's so genuine and so raw even if I don't like the person even one bit, but there's nothing like genuine emotion and am a big fan.

But anyway, is our Andy the cutest player ever? So cute, so adorable, so charming ...just totally out of this world.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »