Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray vanquished by history 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray vanquished by history  (Read 9263 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #225 on: July 20, 2012, 02:16 AM »

Well ,just had a phone call from the Telegraph , saying my complaint !! Has been sent to the editorial team who will be in touch.   : Boxing
Wow!  They phoned you, so they're obviously taking it seriously. yay

I loved that Mirka! lol but lately she looks worried most of the time and I don't get it. lol
I know she does.  Maybe thinks it time her old man retired!

Hi All,

I knew there was an article I meant to comment on!

I was cross with Des because I'm disabled and in a chair permanently. That might sound weird, but the implication was that George was somehow this brave superhero type purely by virtue of being disabled. What a load of utter rubbish, and quite patronising when you think about it. I tell you, I'm disabled and whilst you have to get on with life, it is for living after all, if I'm having a bad day I don't hide it or slip in to martyr mode, why should I? People are people, we all deal with things differently, including pain, sadness, grief and loss, all of which I've gone through, just like all of us will at some time.

The thing that struck me about Andy was that I didn't think his tears were entirely about the loss, although it was part of it. I honestly think the thing he was so overwhelmed by was the support he received, from the public, but also from his team around him. My heart went out to him, in fact I wished I could have put my arms around him, when he couldn't look at his team when he was thanking them for their support. I just think it shows so well how much he cares about what he does, how he so wants to win, and also what a decent young man he is.

I should also say that seeing Kim Sears so upset choked me up as well. It must be tough to see someone you love go through what Andy did and know there is nothing you can do to help.
Thanks teejay.  Yes, I have a friend who's been in a wheelchair for about 25 years and who also doesn't think there's anything "brave" about it, and get's pretty cross when people tell her that because she sees their comments as a form of pity, which is the last thing she wants.  I have no problems with mobility but do have long-standing and permanent mental health issues which restrict my life quite severely, but I've never felt sorry for myself, nor do I want other people to (assuming they understand them in the first place!).  I just live my life the best way I can and am grateful for the things I do have going for me.  Fortunately though mental disabilities aren't always as obvious as physical ones.

I felt too that Andy was as overwhelmed by the crowd support as he was by the disappointment of his loss, and I desperately wanted to give him a big cuddle.  I think I felt even more upset when I saw Kim.  I could only imagine what she was going through.

IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #226 on: July 20, 2012, 08:33 AM »

Hope they are taking it seriously Aileen, they should , can't wait to see what they say!!!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #227 on: July 20, 2012, 10:30 AM »

Well done Deb, can't wait to see what their excuse will be!
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #228 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05 PM »

Well done Deb, can't wait to see what their excuse will be!
yes won't it be interesting Chris.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #229 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21 PM »

great deb - can't wait to hear what they say
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #230 on: July 20, 2012, 02:00 PM »

My main problem with Federer is that he shows so little empathy for his opponent when he wins.  To wear that jacket when he beat Roddick was just crass.  I remember Rafa thrashing Federer at RG and he barely celebrated.  I'm not suggesting that any player should curtail (well, not too much) their big moment but when you've won 16 slams do you really need to fall to the ground like a big girl when you win another?

I believe the arrangement was already made because of the H2H Federer had against Roddick at that time so the Slam was pretty much given. It was least expected that Roddick would actually go and threaten Federer in such a massive way. It was indeed very presumptuous of them no doubt, but given that they had already made the plan, they had no other choice but stick to it.

What truly beats me though is that Federer actually agreed to wear that jacket. He could have absolutely said no to this. No way in hell Sampras would have gone with such an obnoxious idea. This very much confirms the state of mind Federer has.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #231 on: July 20, 2012, 02:13 PM »

I know she does.  Maybe thinks it time her old man retired!

I am convinced she wants Federer to retire because I have not noticed all this worrying before but after the twins and they marriage, and especially after Federer broke Sampras' record, the dynamic of this relationship has changed. Federer, in fact, admitted that Mirka doesn't enjoy the matches anymore as she finds them very stressful. This is a message she's sending out to Federer in a roundabout way methinks. Women no matter how proud they are of their husbands deeds eventually would like the husbands to pay more attention to their family. Federer is clearly obsessed with tennis and it probably means more to him than his own family to some extent. Sampras retired first and then got married. Mirka, on the other hand, got pregnant with twins before marriage. They in fact had to tie the knot because of the twins.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #232 on: July 20, 2012, 07:01 PM »

I believe the arrangement was already made because of the H2H Federer had against Roddick at that time so the Slam was pretty much given. It was least expected that Roddick would actually go and threaten Federer in such a massive way. It was indeed very presumptuous of them no doubt, but given that they had already made the plan, they had no other choice but stick to it.

What truly beats me though is that Federer actually agreed to wear that jacket. He could have absolutely said no to this. No way in hell Sampras would have gone with such an obnoxious idea. This very much confirms the state of mind Federer has.

I felt absolutely gutted for Roddick after that match.  I yelled myself hoarse for him, and in the end he was oh so close.

I can't imagine ANY other player, past or present, who would have worn a jacket like that.  Fed's ego is so massive I wonder how he can live with himself.

I am convinced she wants Federer to retire because I have not noticed all this worrying before but after the twins and they marriage, and especially after Federer broke Sampras' record, the dynamic of this relationship has changed. Federer, in fact, admitted that Mirka doesn't enjoy the matches anymore as she finds them very stressful. This is a message she's sending out to Federer in a roundabout way methinks. Women no matter how proud they are of their husbands deeds eventually would like the husbands to pay more attention to their family. Federer is clearly obsessed with tennis and it probably means more to him than his own family to some extent. Sampras retired first and then got married. Mirka, on the other hand, got pregnant with twins before marriage. They in fact had to tie the knot because of the twins.
Deliberately on her part, I wonder - or was the expected really unexpected?  Whatever, I think Federer is being extremely inconsiderate these days, and the poor woman probably feels obliged to turn up and watch his matches, otherwise tongues might waggle.  My feeling is, now that the twins are 3, that she probably wants another child.  If he isn't careful he might find himself facing a marital break-up, and no amount of trophies are a substitute for that. 

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #233 on: July 20, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Deliberately on her part, I wonder - or was the expected really unexpected?  Whatever, I think Federer is being extremely inconsiderate these days, and the poor woman probably feels obliged to turn up and watch his matches, otherwise tongues might waggle.  My feeling is, now that the twins are 3, that she probably wants another child.  If he isn't careful he might find himself facing a marital break-up, and no amount of trophies are a substitute for that.  

I really felt it was deliberate on Mirka's part. Have seen some of my friends doing it who I thought got married a bit too early in the first place. In fact, in our culture women are encouraged to have babies as soon as they get married. This is to basically confirm the relationship because let's face it, Federer could have easily dumped Mirka at any point of his career and dated someone else and he had that option available and no woman would feel comfortable being in that situation especially if they had already invested a lot by that time. And look how soon they got married after she got pregnant and they’d been dating for so long and nothing was happening. I, in fact, told some of my friends that Federer was eventually going to dump her once he got all his wishes, but clearly, I underestimated Mirka. lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #234 on: July 20, 2012, 09:33 PM »

Mirka loves texting more than she loves watching Rog. lol
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #235 on: July 20, 2012, 10:20 PM »

As much as I dislike them , I seriously doubt they " tied the knot " because of the twins.

They look as if they really love each other , and you have to admit , those little girls are so adorable.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #236 on: July 21, 2012, 12:14 AM »

I really felt it was deliberate on Mirka's part. Have seen some of my friends doing it who I thought got married a bit too early in the first place. In fact, in our culture women are encouraged to have babies as soon as they get married. This is to basically confirm the relationship because let's face it, Federer could have easily dumped Mirka at any point of his career and dated someone else and he had that option available and no woman would feel comfortable being in that situation especially if they had already invested a lot by that time. And look how soon they got married after she got pregnant and they’d been dating for so long and nothing was happening. I, in fact, told some of my friends that Federer was eventually going to dump her once he got all his wishes, but clearly, I underestimated Mirka. lol
Yes, well - until the last 20 years or so, it wasn't exactly unknown that some women conveniently forgot to use contraceptives (usually the pill) in the hope of becoming pregnant and thereby encouraging hesitant but long-term boyfriends to finally get round to marrying them!  The danger of doing this, of course, was that it could seriously back-fire and have the love of their life vanishing into the sunset leaving the woman to bring up the child on her own - and believe me, that did happen.  Either these men weren't really that much in love in the first place, or they felt they weren't quite ready for marriage and taking on the huge responsibility of parenthood.   In today's society illegitimacy has no stigma attached to it (thank goodness), so marriage has become a bit irrelevant.  That no longer troubles me so long as the child/children are brought up in a loving, caring environment - something which marriage certainly doesn't guarantee.

On the other hand I know of two instances where the woman simply forgot to take the pill for just one night, and fell pregnant.  The first ended in abortion, after much soul-searching, because the woman didn't want to marry the father and was much more interested in pursuing a high-flying career than bringing up an unwanted child,  and the second rather tragically when the unplanned for baby was found to have Down's Syndrome, and also the couple already had three children and had decided that that was enough, although fortunately he did become a much-loved member of the family.

As much as I dislike them , I seriously doubt they " tied the knot " because of the twins.

They look as if they really love each other , and you have to admit , those little girls are so adorable.
Given the almost panicky haste with which the wedding was arranged, I'm pretty sure that the pregnancy was the catalyst, possibly for religious or moral reasons, or maybe it just gave Roger the nudge he needed.   I'd love to have been a fly on the wall though when Mirka broke the news! lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #237 on: July 21, 2012, 12:47 AM »

At the end of the day, only those in the know will know.
Good luck to them.
IP Logged
Murray#1nextyear
Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #238 on: July 22, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Man these posts all bash Federer...the old man beat #1 Djoker and yound buck Murray who is physcially bigger and stronger yet. Fed earned and was nice to Murray putting his arm around him.  17 Slams history people!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray vanquished by history « Reply #239 on: July 22, 2012, 10:04 PM »

Man these posts all bash Federer...the old man beat #1 Djoker and yound buck Murray who is physcially bigger and stronger yet. Fed earned and was nice to Murray putting his arm around him.  17 Slams history people!
Welcome to our forum M#1ny.
What is a yound buck?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply