Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray whistles past Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray whistles past Lopez  (Read 2711 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 06:44 PM »

I hope Andy can win against Donald Young in 3 so that he can conserve energy, ready for the next round.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 07:33 PM »

There's no one more I want Andy to feed a bagel than Donald Young. I sense the same Andy that dismantled Roddick at Queens will turn up with his game face on. He really imposed himself on Roddick serving and returning out of his mind.

Important thing is to win in straights to keep his energy for possible QF with Isner/Simon.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 07:56 PM »

There's no one more I want Andy to feed a bagel than Donald Young. I sense the same Andy that dismantled Roddick at Queens will turn up with his game face on. He really imposed himself on Roddick serving and returning out of his mind.

Important thing is to win in straights to keep his energy for possible QF with Isner/Simon.
Andy put Isner out to dry at the Hopman Cup. He just sent the balls from Isner's serve flasing past Isner quicker than they came to him, also has a good record against Simon.
I just cannot take to Donald Young, but for some reason I don't like many American players, with the exception of Isner who seems a very nice young man. The others are so arrogrant and unlikable, I don't include Andy R in this, although I don't like his game. So please Andy bagel Donald and humble him.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45 PM »

yay Thanks for the report Alistair, sprting of you taking the graveyard shift! It made exciting reading and it cant be easy writing at that time of day! Glad it's not my job!

Well done Andy. You are the best! superman
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02 PM »

Andy, keep your concentrating level at its peak
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 12:43 AM »

Djokovic, Tsonga and Tipsaravic all through to Q/Fs.

Djokovic V. Dolgopolov                 7/6 6/4 6/2

Tipsaravic V. Ferrero                     7/5 6/7 7/5 6/2

Tsonga V. Fish                               6/4 6/7 3/6 6/4 6/2

IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 06:37 AM »

Federer is the last through to the top half's Q/Fs.

Federer Vs. Monaco                       6/1 6/2 6/0
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 09:05 AM »

Just checked the latest weather at flushing meadows, its raining cats and dogs at the mo. Hope it clears so our Andy can get on and off in quick time. At this stage of the tourney no player wants to start getting back logged matches - this will play havoc with their match schedules and hand opponents who have already completed their matches a slight advantage!! nervous
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 11:36 AM »

I think what Ally ment here was that there were no ups and downs or lapses to Andys match when compared to his last two - "it Rolled smoothly" or put another way all facets of Andys game were in good working order ( no nerves, no stuttering, just sheer focus and concentration)...............But hey what do i know i'm not an English teacher.  hug
Heaven forbid that MW should get bogged down in semantics! Very Happy

Incidentally I really do admire MW's reporters for maintaining a good degree of objectivity with Andy's matches.

Just checked the latest weather at flushing meadows, its raining cats and dogs at the mo. Hope it clears so our Andy can get on and off in quick time. At this stage of the tourney no player wants to start getting back logged matches - this will play havoc with their match schedules and hand opponents who have already completed their matches a slight advantage!! nervous
Thanks for the update.  Let's hope it clears up in time, although if Andy has to play later in the day, so be it - just so long as he does get to play.

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 05:22 PM »

awesome murray...now thats my man......he look better  in black!!!!!!!!!!! clap
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58 PM »

Not looking good P.T. we really do not wont a back log, it always seems to be Andy it affects. Then they might play when we are unaware or a sleep!!!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 06:12 PM »

Not looking good P.T. we really do not wont a back log, it always seems to be Andy it affects. Then they might play when we are unaware or a sleep!!!

My thought exactly Deb. Comms say they are hopeful of getting some play tonight if the rain stops, otherwise play will be suspended and resumed tomorrrow, but looking at the long term weather report, it's scheduled to be like this till Friday, what will the organisers do then? Anyone have an idea.

I think the longer this goes on regarding Andy's fourth round match the better it will suit Andy in the short term, he's been here before what with rain delays, i think it could affect Donald rather adversely as he's had no experience of this in his career, but than after that in the long term, what happens to Andys schedule should the delay go on further than 24 hours?  confused nervous nervous
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 06:30 PM »

Well, as it's this end of the tournament the matches on Fed's side would have to be pushed back wouldn't they? You couldn't have him playing semis while the bottom half hasn't played quarters could you....or could you? Only joking. The problem a couple of years ago was the bad weather came at the end. Do hope my memory isn't playing tricks!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 06:42 PM »

Well, as it's this end of the tournament the matches on Fed's side would have to be pushed back wouldn't they? You couldn't have him playing semis while the bottom half hasn't played quarters could you....or could you? Only joking. The problem a couple of years ago was the bad weather came at the end. Do hope my memory isn't playing tricks!

You are correct as I observed in an earlier post
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 06:44 PM »

So based on the above scenario - some players like Andy and Rafa for example will have to probably play back to back matches till the final - very unfair advantage to the opponent - Hope USTA looks at this and addresses this (they could just simply add the lost days on at the end, whats stopping them from doing this)? Let me guess Worldwide TV scheduling perhaps (lost revenue possibly)? but at what cost to those who do not happen to be in Federers side of the draw! wtf
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply