Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray whistles past Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray whistles past Lopez

(Read 2924 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51 PM »

My thought exactly Deb. Comms say they are hopeful of getting some play tonight if the rain stops, otherwise play will be suspended and resumed tomorrrow, but looking at the long term weather report, it's scheduled to be like this till Friday, what will the organisers do then? Anyone have an idea.

I think the longer this goes on regarding Andy's fourth round match the better it will suit Andy in the short term, he's been here before what with rain delays, i think it could affect Donald rather adversely as he's had no experience of this in his career, but than after that in the long term, what happens to Andys schedule should the delay go on further than 24 hours?  confused nervous nervous
Yes P.T. it could potentially be a  disaster, it surely would have to over run !! nervous
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 06:57 PM »

If it runs over will it preclude Andy from leading the DC team at Braehead - gutted - obviously want him to go all the way at the USO but would love to see him at Braehead.... Nightmare scenario for the players and the organisers.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 07:40 PM »

If it runs over will it preclude Andy from leading the DC team at Braehead - gutted - obviously want him to go all the way at the USO but would love to see him at Braehead.... Nightmare scenario for the players and the organisers.
Yes just said play suspended today,and the night session, will start  again tomorrow 11am in new york 4am here. That would be such a shame M.M. if Andy was to miss Davis cup, and you, are you going?  w00t
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #48 on: September 06, 2011, 07:46 PM »

So based on the above scenario - some players like Andy and Rafa for example will have to probably play back to back matches till the final - very unfair advantage to the opponent - Hope USTA looks at this and addresses this (they could just simply add the lost days on at the end, whats stopping them from doing this)? Let me guess Worldwide TV scheduling perhaps (lost revenue possibly)? but at what cost to those who do not happen to be in Federers side of the draw! wtf
Exactly !! shocking
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #49 on: September 06, 2011, 09:00 PM »

Deb - yes I have tickets for the DC - decided I wanted to go after watching it a couple of months ago - I think Andy will do everything possible to play but obviously he can do nothing about the scheduling at the USO.  If it goes into a third week and Andy is still in it it will not leave him a lot of time to get back to Scotland.  Thought the atmosphere looked amazing last time so just went for it and got tickets - even persuaded my footie daft non tennis watching hubby to come along - although he does follow Andy as he is Scottish and loves the fact that he is so good at what is perceived as being an English sport - really admires his fitness levels and is even beginning to get a bit hooked on some of the other tennis matches !!!!  Will be gutted if Andy cannot make it but hopefully it will be because he is the USO champion !!!  Would totally love that.....
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #50 on: September 06, 2011, 09:03 PM »

So based on the above scenario - some players like Andy and Rafa for example will have to probably play back to back matches till the final - very unfair advantage to the opponent - Hope USTA looks at this and addresses this (they could just simply add the lost days on at the end, whats stopping them from doing this)? Let me guess Worldwide TV scheduling perhaps (lost revenue possibly)? but at what cost to those who do not happen to be in Federers side of the draw! wtf

The schedulers really have to look at this for the future, especially as it seems to rain every year.  The fact that one half of the draw will have to play on consecutive days at least twice gives a very unfair advantage to the other side of the draw. 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #51 on: September 06, 2011, 09:31 PM »

I can't understand why they don't have at least one court with a roof, especially as they host Grand Slams! It's ridiculous! My Husband said it took 3 years to buil the roof at Wimbledon! no
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #52 on: September 06, 2011, 09:34 PM »

Deb - yes I have tickets for the DC - decided I wanted to go after watching it a couple of months ago - I think Andy will do everything possible to play but obviously he can do nothing about the scheduling at the USO.  If it goes into a third week and Andy is still in it it will not leave him a lot of time to get back to Scotland.  Thought the atmosphere looked amazing last time so just went for it and got tickets - even persuaded my footie daft non tennis watching hubby to come along - although he does follow Andy as he is Scottish and loves the fact that he is so good at what is perceived as being an English sport - really admires his fitness levels and is even beginning to get a bit hooked on some of the other tennis matches !!!!  Will be gutted if Andy cannot make it but hopefully it will be because he is the USO champion !!!  Would totally love that.....
Wow you lucky thing, it will be amazing to be there and watch, i am sure they will catch up, lets hope so,  it will be  fantastic for Andy to be USO champion, i really think he will be. . I to have mad football son and a mad skiing husband, so lots of fights over  the remote!!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 08:36 AM »

I can't understand why they don't have at least one court with a roof, especially as they host Grand Slams! It's ridiculous! My Husband said it took 3 years to buil the roof at Wimbledon! no

The USO authorities just want "bums on seats".

Your husband is correct. The fact that building a retractable roof would take planning (and there are no plans) and time to build would cost loss of revenue is not to their liking. This of course is poor thinking and again as previously affects the players (apart from his majesty the Fed) in their having to play multi matches over a few days.

Currently, unless the authorities extend the tournament into next week, our man AM and Nadal would be the main sufferers.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 09:11 AM »

The USO authorities just want "bums on seats".

Your husband is correct. The fact that building a retractable roof would take planning (and there are no plans) and time to build would cost loss of revenue is not to their liking. This of course is poor thinking and again as previously affects the players (apart from his majesty the Fed) in their having to play multi matches over a few days.

Currently, unless the authorities extend the tournament into next week, our man AM and Nadal would be the main sufferers.
Federer's match finished after 1 a.m. yesterday morning.  That would never be allowed at Wimbledon, with or without the roof.  Local Authority Laws would cease play at 11 p.m.

Great interview outside the locker room with Murray, Hutchins & Fleming.  Most relaxed I think I've ever seen Murray on camera.   Hope Sky run it again.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 10:10 AM »

I've read that Rafa's half and Roger's are scheduled to play today - pretty much hands the advantage to Federer and Djokovic. I would have thought they should at least finish with the bottom half of the draw first.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 10:29 AM »

A roof over Arthur Ashe would be too complicated to build, due to the sheer size it would need to be. Perhaps they could build one over Armstrong instead?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 10:35 AM »

Yes.......Any court would be better than none!
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 11:52 AM »

If they can't put a 'proper' roof over Ashe. How about put up a very large sheet of plastic? Anything to get playing going. If Ashe is too large then Grandstand and Louis Armstrong would do.

I'm having reservations about going to New York next year to catch the open. Imagine I had tickets for the final and had a scheduled flight the next morning only to have the weather delaying the final. I'd be gutted. Although in honesty, I'd probably arrange the 2 week break to start from the 2nd week of the Open just in case..
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray whistles past Lopez « Reply #59 on: September 07, 2011, 12:03 PM »

I've read that Rafa's half and Roger's are scheduled to play today - pretty much hands the advantage to Federer and Djokovic. I would have thought they should at least finish with the bottom half of the draw first.
Well there is a surprise syc23!! why is it never in Andy,s favour!! i would think the 2nd week of the USO would be a better bet for you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »