Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole

(Read 4284 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 01:28 PM »

What did he say to Andy at net that made Andy smile?

No one could really understand....I'm so curious to know.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 01:29 PM »

The whole world wants to know.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 01:33 PM »

My brother says,''what is the big deal in what Fed swore? As if Andy is a saint.'' God, Fed fans will never change doh
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Soooo damn good to see Fed sweating, swearing and getting oh so tetchy. Whistle
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Unbelievably wonderful What a difference a year with Llendl makes, despite all sorts of bad luck,,no temper tantrums just endless hard slog Andy I've never been so proud of you.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 01:47 PM »

so so very sweet.  hammer
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49 PM »

What did he say to Andy at net that made Andy smile?
Probably dont try that again.haha.I bet he didnt wish him well for the final.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Great  report.It just goes to show where Andy is with his game. I believe it was good for Andy to play a 5 setter, will have tuned him up for Nole match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 02:11 PM »

Great report Nigel - and I like this bit especially "The Swiss turned this way and that, pirouetting his way like a pink-trimmed ballerina". Very Happy

I'm sure the spirit of Rabbie Burns will celebrate this historic win by composing a poem in Andy's honour ... or, knowing what Rabbie was like, in Federer's dishonour! Whistle

IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27 PM »

A career defining signature win for Andy. This quote from a film sums up Andy career and how he keeps bouncing back: "You can do whatever you want with your life... It's the sour and the sweet. And I know sour, which allows me to appreciate the sweet." He has tasted defeat many times in slams but just goes back to the drawing board and keeps fighting, and to come back to win it makes it so much sweeter.

A champions performance today and I think this was similar when we had a changing of the guard moment at Wimbledon 2001 when a young Swiss defeated Pete Sampras...
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 02:36 PM »

A great report I loved the likening of Federer to "a pink trimmed ballerina". How do you produce the reports so quickly?
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 02:37 PM »

I think they write them as the match goes on :P
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 02:52 PM »

Congrats to Andy- big win!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Gold bits to celebrate Rogers doubles gold medal ....love it
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 02:57 PM »

both seem pretty tight lipped...

Q.  You spoke earlier in the week about the good manners that exist between the players.  There definitely seemed to be a bit of feeling between the two of you after 6 5 in the fourth.  Can you talk about that.  Was there an exchange between you?
ROGER FEDERER:  I mean, it wasn't a big deal anyway.  We just looked at each other one time.  That's okay, I think, in a three and a half hour match.  We were just checking each other out for bit.
No, I mean, that wasn't a big deal for me.  I hope not for him.

Q.  How surprised were you by what he shouted when you were at the net at 6 5 in the fourth?  You had a funny look on your face at that point.
ANDY MURRAY:  I mean, I wasn't that surprised.  I mean, stuff like that happens daily in tennis matches.  You know, in sport, the stuff that some people say on football pitches and in basketball and all sorts of sports.  I mean, it was very, very mild in comparison to what happens in other sports.  It's just one of those things.

Q.  Can you repeat what he said?
ANDY MURRAY:  It's not relevant what he said.  You know, it doesn't really matter.  It's something that happens, like I say, all the time on tennis courts, in sport, all the time.
Especially when it's a one on one sort of individual combat.  It's not relevant.  There's no hard feelings.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »