Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole

(Read 4942 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #75 on: January 25, 2013, 09:11 PM »

I wonder if he meant me?

Because, as one observer put it, this was a rare example of a five-set thrashing.'

(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/australianopen/9826681/Australian-Open-2013-Andy-Murray-defeats-Roger-Federer-in-five-sets-to-set-up-final-with-Novak-Djokovic.html)

...where I wrote 'If ever it was possible to canter to a five-set victory...'

"I really do not see why British athletes need to make this type of appalling wolf like face of victory as if they are saying 'Up yours  Mate ! 

This not what sport is all about

Especially in front of great Swiss tennis player and great sportsman and great gentleman of the game  .

Who does Andy Murray think he is ? and who does he think he is playing Jekyll and Hyde ? ,

He needs to calm down a bit .

How one wins is just as important as winning

It is true British athletes have made an art of losing with grace and Andy Murray has broken that mould in tennis and good luck to him and it is great for the UK and may it long continue but he should make an art of winning with grace and he needs no greater example of that than Roger Federer who is far more British in this respect than Andy Murray and the ultimate sportsman, that is an enormous credit to the Swiss people and the Swiss nation

WTF. Some people are f**king insane.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 09:14 PM »

REALLY? Never even considered that.
lol

That line made me chuckle anyway.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Luke where does that awful 2nd quote in your post come from?  Someone so blinded to reality by love of the smug one it would seem.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Luke where does that awful 2nd quote in your post come from?  Someone so blinded to reality by love of the smug one it would seem.
Comments section in the Telegraph article Nigel posted. I genuinely can't tell if it is someone trolling or someone's actual thought process.
IP Logged
JANEGT

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 09:57 PM »

if that is their perception of Fed they HAVE NO THOUGHT process at all.  He swore a stream of bad words, fell out with the umpire and threw his toys out the pram today.  This 'poster' aka CLOWN didn't watch the same match I did.  Also Andy has won 11 matches against Fed's 9.  now 3 of those to Fed in slams one today to Murray.  What's the sport he's watching?????  not tennis that's certain. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #80 on: January 25, 2013, 10:06 PM »

somefool said it was to be a tribute to Federer (as if) for his 2008 win?  no way in heLLsbells would that ever happen. 
IP Logged
JANEGT

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 10:33 PM »

not funny not a joke.

each to their own humour.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Can only assume they didn't watch the match.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 11:58 PM »

Eloquently put Ruthie, as always. I was just going to suggest that they might be thick, but your version works much better lol.

Does anyone else keep smiling at random things at the moment? I feel this weird urge to hug a stranger and yell 'ANDY BEAT FEDERER!' right in their ear. Yes, I am a little strange!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #84 on: January 26, 2013, 12:02 AM »

Posted the vid on the wrong thread, really. I found a vid on You Tube of what Fed shouts at Andy. It's 'f**king stop'. Stop what? Beating him? I lurrrrv Andy's expression. It says: 'Yeah, that just about sums you up, mate'.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #85 on: January 26, 2013, 12:07 AM »

I didn't get to see the match.

What exactly warranted such a comment?

Andy talks about it as if it was Federer just shouting at himself.

During that point (it was the 1st point of the 12 game in the 4th set when Andy was serving for the match)  Federer thought Andy hesitated a bit thinking the ball was probably long, but then he quickly realized that he had no challenge left, so he hit a passing shot instead. But that little activity confused Federer and he felt he got passed because of it since he thought Andy was going to stop playing and call it. That's when he said, 'f**king stop it'. He was fuming anyway since Andy broke him back and then broke him again and now he was serving for the match. Federer wasn't prepared for a loss clearly. He has no chance against Nadal. Nole is too good at the moment and now Andy is coming into terms, so his chances of winning more Slams are only getting slimmer and slimmer. You can add the Olympics loss as well. And of course Andy was under his skin already by then. Anyway, that's my interpretation of the incident.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #86 on: January 26, 2013, 12:10 AM »

During that point (it was the 1st point of the 12 game in the 4th set when Andy was serving for the match)  Federer thought Andy hesitated a bit thinking the ball was probably long, but then he quickly realized that he had no challenge left, so he hit a passing shot instead. But that little activity confused Federer and he felt he got passed because of it since he thought Andy was going to stop playing and call it. That's when he said, 'f**king stop it'. He was fuming anyway since Andy broke him back and then broke him again and now he was serving for the match. Federer wasn't prepared for a loss clearly. He has no chance against Nadal. Nole is too good at the moment and now Andy is coming into terms, so his chances of winning more Slams are only getting slimmer and slimmer. You can add the Olympics loss as well. And of course Andy was under his skin already by then. Anyway, that's my interpretation of the incident.

I'm not sure I understand any of that, Emma. What I do know is that the expression on Andy's face sums up exactly what he feels about him, better than any words.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #87 on: January 26, 2013, 12:16 AM »

WTF. Some people are f**king insane.

Why am I insane, Luke? People read MW. Pete Bodo reads it. Joel Drucker reads it. Neil Harman does, too. Why shouldn't the guy from The Telegraph?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #88 on: January 26, 2013, 12:26 AM »

I'm not sure I understand any of that, Emma. What I do know is that the expression on Andy's face sums up exactly what he feels about him, better than any words.

Sorry it's probably my English that got in the way. It's also a bit difficult to explain. Actually Federer caught Andy off guard with his sudden outburst and that's why Andy made a funny face because he wasn't prepared for this kind of sudden gesture. I don't think he was expecting it at all but during that point Andy was slightly indecisive about that point to whether to challenge it or just hit a passing shot. In that very moment he also realized that he had no challenge left so he decided to go with the latter. Federer was under the impression Andy was going to stop playing the point but he hit a passing shot to somewhat confused Federer who wasn't prepared for it. It all basically happened very, very quickly. You need to watch the point but to be honest it was never about the point.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray wins giant game of Whack the Mole « Reply #89 on: January 26, 2013, 12:58 AM »

Neil Harman does, too.
Not only reads it but is a registered member Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »