Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics

(Read 2759 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « on: August 04, 2012, 06:00 PM »

Andy Murray and Laura Robson will have a chance to win mixed doubles gold after beating Germany's Christopher Kas and Sabine Lisicki, 6-1 6-7 (7-9) 10-7.

Murray has now secured two Olympic silver medals at the very least but will have a chance to convert those to gold come Sunday.

The nails are non-existent, the voice is hoarse- it can only mean one thing, Murray has been playing a close fought match.

However, Andy was not alone in today’s endeavours, as today was all about the mixed doubles and Murray shared the limelight with Laura Robson.
Andy and Laura dominated the first set taking it 6-1 against the more experienced doubles pairing of Lisicki and Kas of Germany.

However, after GB taking an early break in the second set the Germans countered the British pair and brought the set back to a level footing. The tension sored within the electric atmosphere of court 1 as breaks of serve were exchanged by the pairs.

The second set went to a tight tie-break that the German’s took looking more convincing than they had in the previous hour of play.

The match therefore went to a champion’s tie-break and the Great Briton’s took the break and fought hard to finish the match. Deafening cheers met the final point as the pair ensured that they would come away from this Olympics with at least a silver medal.

Who they will face is yet to be decided as the USA and Belarus have still to play their semi-final match.
[ Last edit by Mark August 04, 2012, 06:13 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 06:12 PM »

Who they will face is yet to be decided as the USA and Bulgaria have still to play their semi-final match.

BULGARIA?!??!?!

Are you sh*tting me?
[ Last edit by Mark August 04, 2012, 06:26 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Lol tennis_girl, Eastern Europe is all so just the same...donja know..Wink

Yeah, unfortunately I do know.

Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Lol tennis_girl, Eastern Europe is all so just the same...donja know..Wink

Not really...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:17 PM »

BULGARIA?!??!?!

Are you sh*tting me?
Reasonable reaction that.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 06:19 PM »

tennis_girl, removed mine, cos she edited it Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Going to be a good final against Victor Azarenka and Maxina Mirnyi, formidable Estonian duo.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Well that got out of hand.

Yeah, it said Bulgaria so I corrected to Belarus. Poor Veronica Very Happy
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Reasonable reaction that.

yawn

Not really...

Shush, everyone can place Russia on a map at least.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Andy & Laura speaking on BBC1 right now
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Well, in Russian we always call the Brits the English so it works both ways. Wink Whistle
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 06:27 PM »

yawn

I know where Belarus is on the map, I just mis-read who was being represented doh

But yay for Andy and Laura- nice interview with the bbc there Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Sandy Fleming‏@slimmershady
@BBCSport we've only have one post box in Dunblane to paint Gold! #teamgb #andymurray

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 06:34 PM »

Andy Murray's mixed doubles final will be played BEFORE his best-of-five singles final  WHAT THE HELL!!  Frown
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Robson and Murray mix it up at the Olympics « Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 06:37 PM »

Wimbledon's scheduling strikes again.

They really are outdoing themselves this year in their efforts to aid Mr Federer.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »