Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's purple patch on magenta centre 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's purple patch on magenta centre

(Read 4692 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #30 on: August 03, 2012, 10:01 PM »

That was quite something.  I screamed when Andy won and was just overcome with joy and pride at how he took it to Nole and hung on in there preventing Nole converting any of the breaks he created.  So often people have said oh Andy can't convert the breaks or doesn't play the big points well on the big occasions.   Well he did this time and Nole didn't. I had resigned myself to a third set but Nole blinked first big time.  And thanks for a great report Nigel which really caught the spirit of it. [Just reread it and got the grass joke  Whistle]
And I loved how Andy jumped with joy and looked so so happy afterwards.

I'm so excited that I'll be there on Sunday even though I've got a ticket for court 1 as I'm sure I'll be able to watch on big screen but still haven't worked out what's happening when as between the gold/silver and bronze medal matches.  But just to be part of the occasion will be enough and I'll record it all while I'm away.
[ Last edit by Ruthie August 03, 2012, 10:20 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 10:02 PM »

I'm desperate to watch that last game again but BBC have taken the video down and aren't showing any signs of bringing it up again. Joke.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 10:06 PM »

Check out all our friends at the Daily Mail. Just one or two negative comments about Andy, but loads of praise and  support!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183363/London-2012-Olympics-Andy-Murray-final-Roger-Federer.html#comments

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 10:08 PM »

That was quite something.  I screamed when Andy won and was just overcome with joy and pride at how he took it to Nole and hung on in there preventing Nole converting any of the breaks he created.  So often people have said oh Andy can't convert the breaks or doesn't play the big points well on the big occasions.   Well he did this time and Nole didn't. I had resigned myself to a third set but Nole blinked first big time.  And thanks for a great report Nigel which really caught the spirit of it.
And I loved how Andy jumped with joy and looked so so happy afterwards.

I'm so excited that I'll be there on Sunday even though I've got a ticket for court 1 as I'm sure I'll be able to watch on big screen but still haven't worked out what's happening when as between the gold/silver and bronze medal matches.  But just to be part of the occasion will be enough and I'll record it all while I'm away.
Lucky you Ruthie... am just a bit green with envy. Smile

Shout loud so as Andy can hear you!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 10:11 PM »

I will lashurst - I have a v loud voice.  So if you hear faint strains of come on Mr Magic you'll know it's me!  Will try and do MW proud!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 10:17 PM »

It's just quite ridiculous that he's playing mixed dubs at 12.00 and 16.00 tomorrow and the final on Sunday.

Have they gone stark raving bonkers, or what? Why dont the leave the doubles till after the singles are finished?

I'm worried he'll be knackered by Sunday. If they get beyond Hewitt/Stosur they will play the equivalent of 6 sets in total.

What nutters plan this?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 10:18 PM »

It's just quite ridiculous that he's playing mixed dubs at 12.00 and 16.00 tomorrow and the final on Sunday.
He has to win first. Chances are they'll lose the first match anyway.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Have they gone stark raving bonkers, or what? Why dont the leave the doubles till after the singles are finished?

I'm worried he'll be knackered by Sunday. If they get beyond Hewitt/Stosur they will play the equivalent of 6 sets in total.

What nutters plan this?
I'm sure Andy is fit enough to handle it.  I know it seems like a lot, but he's up for it.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Hewitt and Stosur are a quality pairing, would not be that upset to see them go out would you?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 10:20 PM »

Flipping IPad, meant to say a different animal!!

I'm glad about that, I was trying to figure out what a dirge parent is! My IPad has a mind of its own too!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 10:21 PM »

My inability to use this IPad coupled with my pure excitement at the result of today's match (and a couple of glasses of wine) are not a good combination for sensible posting!!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #41 on: August 03, 2012, 10:22 PM »

^My parenting skills have been a bit 'dirge' over the years. Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 10:22 PM »

Yeah Storsur is a good dubs player and she has a great serve too. Lleyton although in decline will give it his all!
The Aussies havent won more than an token medal or two these Olympics. Not like them at all, so these two will be out to take scalps.

It may be best for Andys chances, although I hate to wish for a loss for either player.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 10:23 PM »

I'm desperate to watch that last game again but BBC have taken the video down and aren't showing any signs of bringing it up again. Joke.

Yes, I'm still waiting for the video to appear as I didn't see any of the match.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24 PM »

It's just appeared...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »