Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's purple patch on magenta centre 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's purple patch on magenta centre

(Read 4816 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24 PM »

^My parenting skills have been a bit 'dirge' over the years. Very Happy

Lol mine too, especially during Grand Slam time!!!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #46 on: August 03, 2012, 10:25 PM »

I'd hate to be Laura in this position. Andy has no real incentive to win tomorrow.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #47 on: August 03, 2012, 10:27 PM »

It's just appeared...
You are in for such a treat. Can I tell you how it ends? Very Happy
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #48 on: August 03, 2012, 10:29 PM »

Not many highlights but some great stuff from Andy by the look of it. I'm loving this more aggressive style that he's moved onto in the last few months. Is his game finally coming together?

By the way, what's going to happen with Toronto next week? Is he playing?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #49 on: August 03, 2012, 10:31 PM »

cmon GB Great match and brilliant result
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #50 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Hi Nigel and all,

Great article, you've caught the feeling of the match so well.

I'm still bursting with pride in our Andy. He got frustrated at times, but it was never allowed to boil over. His serving, well what can you say? Just incredible stuff, God love him.

The crowd lifted him when he needed their help, but you could see in his eyes that he believed in himself. He wanted it and went out and took it. I bet Lendl will be cool and calm, and dead chuffed!

At least the silver..... Can you believe it? I can!

I need to find out what the opposite of a rain dance is. A dry dance sounds vaguely rude, but I'll do it if I have to!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #51 on: August 03, 2012, 10:33 PM »

Not many highlights but some great stuff from Andy by the look of it. I'm loving this more aggressive style that he's moved onto in the last few months. Is his game finally coming together?

He hasn't withdrawn yet and spoke how he does plan to play it, although having reached the final I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him pull out.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 10:38 PM »

He says he will.. I'm not buying any tickets until I know for sure.
If he wins GOLD (yeah.. I said "GOLD") then he will have to stay in London on Monday for press ops.. then take the plane here and play on Wednesday.
If he comes, I'm thrilled, but I won't expect anything fantastic from him. Jetlag is a killer, and on top of that the weather is ridiculously hot and humid here.
If he doesn't come, I completely understand. I've always supported his dream of an Olympic medal.
He will get a fine unless he's injured, but what's a fine to him? Pah!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 11:38 PM »

Right everyone, start praying for sun, no roof !!  Andy is a dirge parent animal this time around, he has spirit and a never say die attitude reminiscent of Nole's journey last year.
Glad you clarified this - thought a new expression had crept into the English language! lol

I really won't be disappointed if Andy and Laura lose their first match tomorrow.  Knowing Andy he'd probably be practising anyway but two matches he doesn't need.  Smugfed will have had time to recover from his match today.  I know adrenaline can keep you going in situations like this but there's a limit to just how far.

He says he will.. I'm not buying any tickets until I know for sure.
If he wins GOLD (yeah.. I said "GOLD") then he will have to stay in London on Monday for press ops.. then take the plane here and play on Wednesday.
If he comes, I'm thrilled, but I won't expect anything fantastic from him. Jetlag is a killer, and on top of that the weather is ridiculously hot and humid here.
If he doesn't come, I completely understand. I've always supported his dream of an Olympic medal.
He will get a fine unless he's injured, but what's a fine to him? Pah!
I know it's pretty tough on you Linda hug but Andy said in an interview yesterday that he wasn't all that bothered about next week because winning gold was of paramount importance.  He must know what's going to be involved if he goes to Toronto, and he doesn't cope well with jetlag at the best of times.  Also there's his team to consider too and I'm sure he'll discuss it with them.  Even if he does lose on Sunday I can't believe there won't be some pressers.  Also getting back to adrenaline - you can make great promises when it's running high but I hate to think how he'd be in Toronto once that rush passes.  Still can't find out what the fine is but as you say, it'll be peanuts to him.  Maybe the fact that he has no ranking points to defend might help in the decision-making.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 04, 2012, 12:00 AM ] IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Great report Nigel, so proud of Andy the belief in himself is ouzing out of him.  Not trying to tempt fate but Frauderer played for 4.5 hours today and as he is getting 'old' I wonder if he can survive a five setter bearing in mind Andy is tremendously fit.  bigbounce
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #55 on: August 04, 2012, 12:09 AM »

Great report Nigel, so proud of Andy the belief in himself is ouzing out of him.  Not trying to tempt fate but Frauderer played for 4.5 hours today and as he is getting 'old' I wonder if he can survive a five setter bearing in mind Andy is tremendously fit.  bigbounce
Well according to the comms I heard the poor old man could barely walk off the court. lol  I think if he was pushed beyond 3 sets on Sunday he'd crumble physically.

Just read an article in the Bleacher Report singing Fed's praises.  It ends with -

Sometimes it takes a little push to get the adrenaline pumping, and that’s exactly what this match [against Delpo] did for Federer. In a few days, no one will ever be able to say that Roger Federer never won an Olympic singles gold medal. It’s just destined to happen.

I rest my case.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 04, 2012, 12:15 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #56 on: August 04, 2012, 12:31 AM »

TV showing some tennis - I have the match on Sky+ woohoo
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #57 on: August 04, 2012, 12:36 AM »

TV showing some tennis - I have the match on Sky+ woohoo
Ooooh lovely, Bev.  Enjoy.  hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #58 on: August 04, 2012, 12:41 AM »

Now how to figure out how to get in on video to keep Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #59 on: August 04, 2012, 12:44 AM »

Murray said: "I just wanted to try and win a medal, for the team, for the country and lastly for myself. I'm so happy, I would love to win the gold medal.

"Before the tournament started that was the goal, to try and win a medal. So to guarantee a medal is great and I'll go for it in the final."

Federer admitted to being "extremely drained" by the marathon encounter, but he was finished more than an hour before Murray started against Djokovic.

Murray added: "It's been an amazing month and one of the best of my career. The support that I have had over the last month, after Wimbledon, I really needed it.

"All the times that I have lost in a Grand Slam final I've had a tough time afterwards for a few months. But coming here with the motivation of playing in the Olympics and with the support that I have had has been all the motivation that I needed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18916095
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »