Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's purple patch on magenta centre 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre  (Read 3330 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #60 on: August 04, 2012, 12:47 AM »

Murray said: "I just wanted to try and win a medal, for the team, for the country and lastly for myself. I'm so happy, I would love to win the gold medal.

"Before the tournament started that was the goal, to try and win a medal. So to guarantee a medal is great and I'll go for it in the final."

Federer admitted to being "extremely drained" by the marathon encounter, but he was finished more than an hour before Murray started against Djokovic.

Murray added: "It's been an amazing month and one of the best of my career. The support that I have had over the last month, after Wimbledon, I really needed it.

"All the times that I have lost in a Grand Slam final I've had a tough time afterwards for a few months. But coming here with the motivation of playing in the Olympics and with the support that I have had has been all the motivation that I needed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18916095
God bless the Olympics and the support.  This really could be the making of Andy.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #61 on: August 04, 2012, 01:05 AM »

God bless the Olympics and the support.  This really could be the making of Andy.

Yes, I believe it could, in the same way that the Davis Cup made Nole.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #62 on: August 04, 2012, 01:13 AM »

[Just reread it and got the grass joke  Whistle]

Joke was too subtle. Well got. Have a great time on Sunday, Ruthie.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #63 on: August 04, 2012, 01:17 AM »

I don't see why Federer should be so drained by his match. It was no longer than an average five-setter. It equates to a 7-6 3-6 7-6 3-6 6-4, five-set win. The only disadvantage might be psychological based on the numbers.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #64 on: August 04, 2012, 01:36 AM »

God bless the Olympics and the support.  This really could be the making of Andy.

You know it reminds me a little of when Nole won Davis Cup in 2010 and then had his amazing 2011; there is something so cheering about having all those people pulling for you, and then to win on top of that. It's got to be an amazing, gratifying feeling!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #65 on: August 04, 2012, 02:29 AM »

I don't see why Federer should be so drained by his match. It was no longer than an average five-setter. It equates to a 7-6 3-6 7-6 3-6 6-4, five-set win. The only disadvantage might be psychological based on the numbers.
Fed will be 31 on the 8th.  He's getting old by today's tennis standards.

Just got the 'grass' joke myself now that it's been pointed out. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #66 on: August 04, 2012, 02:57 AM »

Andy shouldn't worry 'bout a thing.. cos every little thing's gonna be alright.  Weedman
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #67 on: August 04, 2012, 03:00 AM »

Andy shouldn't worry 'bout a thing.. cos every little thing's gonna be alright.  Weedman

lmao

IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #68 on: August 04, 2012, 04:21 AM »

Great writing/reading Nigel.  Great tennis from our boy/lad....MAN.  Well done A-gain Andy!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #69 on: August 04, 2012, 05:16 AM »

Firstly, great writing Nigel, even though i did not get to see the match, from reading your report i got a sense of just how awesome our Andy was. i got goose bumps reading some of your words as my own mind attempted to imagine just how the two sets played out. Sounds like he was pumped right up for his semifinal match. Bring the same intensity to the final and i believe victory will be assured, oh and keep that roof open!! Secondly, well done Andy bring on Sundays final. Will it be over 5 sets or the sprint version best of 3?  confused cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #70 on: August 04, 2012, 06:56 AM »

Murray said: "I just wanted to try and win a medal, for the team, for the country and lastly for myself. I'm so happy, I would love to win the gold medal.

"Before the tournament started that was the goal, to try and win a medal. So to guarantee a medal is great and I'll go for it in the final."

Federer admitted to being "extremely drained" by the marathon encounter, but he was finished more than an hour before Murray started against Djokovic.

Murray added: "It's been an amazing month and one of the best of my career. The support that I have had over the last month, after Wimbledon, I really needed it.

"All the times that I have lost in a Grand Slam final I've had a tough time afterwards for a few months. But coming here with the motivation of playing in the Olympics and with the support that I have had has been all the motivation that I needed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18916095

OMG........Andy is just so humble and no one dare call him a whiny overgrown kid anymore.....God bless...Andy, we are all behind you..
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #71 on: August 04, 2012, 06:57 AM »

"Night matches US Open we always said was the best atmosphere, but it's not even close to what it was today"  - Muzz Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #72 on: August 04, 2012, 07:02 AM »

Firstly, great writing Nigel, even though i did not get to see the match, from reading your report i got a sense of just how awesome our Andy was. i got goose bumps reading some of your words as my own mind attempted to imagine just how the two sets played out. Sounds like he was pumped right up for his semifinal match. Bring the same intensity to the final and i believe victory will be assured, oh and keep that roof open!! Secondly, well done Andy bring on Sundays final. Will it be over 5 sets or the sprint version best of 3?  confused cmon yeah cmon yeah

I have the same question running in my head too and i have learnt not to trust my brother since he told me that the semis and finals would be a 5-setter....and since the former wasnt true, I dont wanna ask him again......someone plz clear this doubt...
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #73 on: August 04, 2012, 07:10 AM »

Such a courageous performance from Murray, which deserves such a brilliant report. I enjoyed every sentence making me see everything once again. Now I can plan my Sunday according to the Gold match. I'm excited and full of optimism, on the other hand full of fear. Consoling is that Andy already has silver. The crowd will certainly be more supportive and vocal for their man even if "everybody's darling" is on court. This time it must be Andy's turn!!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #74 on: August 04, 2012, 07:25 AM »

5 in final
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply