Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's purple patch on magenta centre 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's purple patch on magenta centre

(Read 4032 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #75 on: August 04, 2012, 07:34 AM »

5 in final

Oh God....now that is gonna be interesting...are you sure???I hope you are not like my brother:P:P:P
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #76 on: August 04, 2012, 07:55 AM »

It was a privilege to see how Murray played yesterday. It was the result of lots of talent but masses of hard work and determination.   There can now be no doubt that he is a top 4 player.
  I see that his mixed double quarter final is first up on Centre  .
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #77 on: August 04, 2012, 08:02 AM »

Oh God....now that is gonna be interesting...are you sure???I hope you are not like my brother:P:P:P

Am certain.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #78 on: August 04, 2012, 08:35 AM »

Great report Nigel. Andy played so well and hit some unbelievable shots. I think he will beat Fed tomorrow and that will be great and will be the platform for Andy to win his 1st GS.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #79 on: August 04, 2012, 09:42 AM »

Andy learned yesterday that when he embraces the crowd, they embrace him ten fold.  That's the way to do it.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #80 on: August 04, 2012, 10:23 AM »

Just read an article in the Bleacher Report singing Fed's praises.  It ends with -

Sometimes it takes a little push to get the adrenaline pumping, and that’s exactly what this match [against Delpo] did for Federer. In a few days, no one will ever be able to say that Roger Federer never won an Olympic singles gold medal. It’s just destined to happen.

I rest my case.
Bleacher Report are so anti-Murray that it's a disgrace to sports journalism.
It's right to praise all the great tennis players and especially the high achievers, amongst them Fed, Nadal and Djoko, but to go that far is ridiculous and not worthy to be called professional sports journalism.

I got pi**ed off with reading their biased columns and the slagging off of several tennis players, therefore stopped getting the reports.

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #81 on: August 04, 2012, 11:17 AM »

Just watched the whole thing again, courtesy of tennis highlights on sky and having the hindsight to record it. 

Fabulous!  Absolutely fabulous!  clap
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #82 on: August 04, 2012, 11:26 AM »

Now how to figure out how to get in on video to keep Very Happy

Bev, if you have a DVD recorder or video recorder connected to your TV just record the match on that as you play it back on Sky+. The DVD/video recorder will just 'think' it is recording from your TV.

Hope that helps you.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #83 on: August 04, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Hi All,

I must just say that I've read some stuff that Djokovic said after the match. I've no time to write it up, but he is so gracious in defeat and said some wonderful things about the way Andy played. Since Djokovic sorted himself out last year I think he's been incredibly classy in his treatment of opponents. Yes, he might throw the odd wobbler, but who cares? I really like him now.

I'm right behind Andy for the Gold, but I'd be delighted if Novak Djokovic got the bronze.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #84 on: August 04, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Bev, if you have a DVD recorder or video recorder connected to your TV just record the match on that as you play it back on Sky+. The DVD/video recorder will just 'think' it is recording from your TV.

Hope that helps you.

Hi TJ

Since we have had sky+ installed, I can't figure out how to get sky to play through my vcr.  I may have the cables connected incorrectly dontknow  I can play dvds and videos but can't get sky showing on there and I'm loathed to fork out cash for someone to do that for me - it's about $90 for an 'engineer' to do it and my hubby is technically challenged (though he has mastered how to record programmes on sky+ and pause live tv).  Doesn't help that some cables are HD and some are the three leads (yellow, white and red) and scart leads.  It was easier with 4 channels lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #85 on: August 04, 2012, 12:51 PM »

I don't see why Federer should be so drained by his match. It was no longer than an average five-setter. It equates to a 7-6 3-6 7-6 3-6 6-4, five-set win. The only disadvantage might be psychological based on the numbers.
True. But you also have to take into account the mental exhaustion (how many times did he serve to stay in the match?) and the fact that Andy's match finished in half the time.

Not often that Federer goes into the final after a marathon semi-final anyway (in Slams). And then there's his age, although I've seen little to suggest that his fitness has dropped much, if at all since five years ago.
IP Logged
Lejla Federer

I love Andy, and Andy loves me!

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #86 on: August 04, 2012, 12:52 PM »

oh.. if just both of them could take the gold medal..
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #87 on: August 04, 2012, 12:53 PM »

Just watched the re-run on iPlayer and Andy went out their without any fear - that SF loss against Novak at AO really gave him the belief that he can go onto better things and after getting to back-to-back Wimby finals and having a shot at gold is an amazing achievement.

Hopefully Andy goes one better than he did 1 month ago. Andy has the opportunity to destroy what Roger has wanted to achieve for the last 4 years of winning OG at Wimby. That would make up for the Wimby loss and would be a perfect platform for Andy to go onto better things.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #88 on: August 04, 2012, 01:05 PM »

Hi All,

I must just say that I've read some stuff that Djokovic said after the match. I've no time to write it up, but he is so gracious in defeat and said some wonderful things about the way Andy played. Since Djokovic sorted himself out last year I think he's been incredibly classy in his treatment of opponents. Yes, he might throw the odd wobbler, but who cares? I really like him now.

I'm right behind Andy for the Gold, but I'd be delighted if Novak Djokovic got the bronze.
Agree completely. I don't get the hate for Nole from some people. Federer fans seem to hate him, but then that's no surprise as they hate anyone who dare challenge their god. It seems to be that people dislike his attitude because he dares to celebrate on court after winning Slams.

He's a phenomenal tennis player and has showed some exceptional sportsmanship this year, puts Federer (who keeps on winning these sportsmanship awards) to shame. Federer screams at the crowd to shut up, Djokovic gives his opponent the point when he sees the line judge has got it wrong.

Murray, Djokovic and Nadal are all the same in that respect, all very nice guys, great sports and very gracious in victory and in defeat. They do Federer to shame, who on too many occasions has made little jibes or arrogant remarks, often not giving his opponent credit at all. Not all the times, no, on occasion he does give out some credit, but it's way too rare and seems almost forced.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #89 on: August 04, 2012, 01:51 PM »

Hi TJ

Since we have had sky+ installed, I can't figure out how to get sky to play through my vcr.  I may have the cables connected incorrectly dontknow  I can play dvds and videos but can't get sky showing on there and I'm loathed to fork out cash for someone to do that for me - it's about $90 for an 'engineer' to do it and my hubby is technically challenged (though he has mastered how to record programmes on sky+ and pause live tv).  Doesn't help that some cables are HD and some are the three leads (yellow, white and red) and scart leads.  It was easier with 4 channels lol

Hi Bev and all,

Ooh, sounds complicated! My brother set mine up for me. I'm not sure exactly what he did, but my Sky goes through the DVD Recorder somehow, not that I use the DVD Recorder much since I had Sky+. When I see my brother I will ask him what he did and see if he can tell me in simple terms. Bear with me and I'll see what I can do.

I feel a bit rotten. I was so tempted to record all of Andy's Olympic matches and just didn't. What a pain.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »