Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray's purple patch on magenta centre 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's purple patch on magenta centre

(Read 4170 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #90 on: August 04, 2012, 02:50 PM »

Although I'm often critical of Nole because of his macho posturing on court especially when he wins, I think there's a lot which is admirable about him and he is certainly a good loser.  I too thought his remarks about Andy were very gracious.  So I too hope he'll be on that bronze podium tomorrow with Andy presiding over him and smugfed on the gold.
Nigel at 10.01pm ! and thanks
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #91 on: August 04, 2012, 03:37 PM »

oh.. if just both of them could take the gold medal..
confused Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #92 on: August 04, 2012, 03:44 PM »

oh.. if just both of them could take the gold medal..

No way.    The gold is for Andy.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #93 on: August 04, 2012, 11:28 PM »

'Murray can no longer be called a finesse player. He eschewed most of his cute stuff and is now playing grip-and-rip, full intensity tennis.'

http://blogs.tennis.com/racquet_reaction/2012/08/olympics-murray-d-djokovic.html
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #94 on: August 04, 2012, 11:37 PM »

He's still a finesse player. It's just that now he's learned how to use that finesse along with controlled aggression to play some amazing stuff.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #95 on: August 05, 2012, 02:30 AM »

Hi All,

I must just say that I've read some stuff that Djokovic said after the match. I've no time to write it up, but he is so gracious in defeat and said some wonderful things about the way Andy played. Since Djokovic sorted himself out last year I think he's been incredibly classy in his treatment of opponents. Yes, he might throw the odd wobbler, but who cares? I really like him now.

I'm right behind Andy for the Gold, but I'd be delighted if Novak Djokovic got the bronze.
I never used to care much for Djokovic, but over the last year I've grown to really like him.  Like Andy, he's a true sportsman.  Also he does seem to have cut out a lot of that awful macho posturing recently.  I'm pretty sure he'll beat Delpo and get bronze.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #96 on: August 05, 2012, 07:44 AM »

'Murray can no longer be called a finesse player. He eschewed most of his cute stuff and is now playing grip-and-rip, full intensity tennis.'

http://blogs.tennis.com/racquet_reaction/2012/08/olympics-murray-d-djokovic.html

Excellent article. cheers
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #97 on: August 05, 2012, 08:56 AM »

Good to see Andy getting rightfull acclamation in the media. We'll be reading lots more of that kind, watch this space!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #98 on: August 05, 2012, 09:06 AM »

I never used to care much for Djokovic, but over the last year I've grown to really like him.  Like Andy, he's a true sportsman.  Also he does seem to have cut out a lot of that awful macho posturing recently.  I'm pretty sure he'll beat Delpo and get bronze.
I'm afraid Delpo might even get a proper battering from Nole today, which will be sad.
Delpo came within a couple 2 nanometers of beating Federer, (I really thoght he'd do it too) but no. He was gutted and so was I.
I hope JMDP wins today and doesn't miss out on a medal.

He reminds me of a gentle giraffe with his slow walking pace after a game point and his mild manner. He has a special charisma.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #99 on: August 05, 2012, 10:36 AM »

His celebrations last year were OTT, but Djokovic is basically sound.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #100 on: August 06, 2012, 04:34 PM »

The TV commentary was audible to the players.

His celebrations last year were OTT, but Djokovic is basically sound.

Why was the commentary audible on court?  Why didn't the players protest?

Djoko's OTT celebrations were mainly down to running on empty at times, I reckon, so I didn't mind them too much.

I hear Rafa messaged Andy to say that the Olympic Gold is the toughest prize to win and that he should be very proud of himself.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's purple patch on magenta centre « Reply #101 on: August 06, 2012, 06:47 PM »

Why was the commentary audible on court?  Why didn't the players protest?

Djoko's OTT celebrations were mainly down to running on empty at times, I reckon, so I didn't mind them too much.

I hear Rafa messaged Andy to say that the Olympic Gold is the toughest prize to win and that he should be very proud of himself.
Nice to hear he's received praise from one of his significant peers. That must mean everything to him, coming from a fellow who has been No1 and has multiple slams.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »