Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier

(Read 3356 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Boogster's bin suppin' ma wine.
Somebody pass me my edit highlighter pen, please.. lol
Looking forward to hearing what Nigel has to say... I believe he was there today, lucky beggar.. if he survived. Smile
Robbie... You had a bad dream... s'okay.  hug
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32 PM »

On balance I want to see an Andy/Fed final. I reckon Andy will be pumped enough to mince him, mind games or no. However, I'm pretty sure it'll be Nole, and that would be good too - with the bonus that I wouldn't be too devastated with a creditable loss.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 09:35 PM »

Iron sharpens iron,so I guess Andy is duly sharpened to win against Jo-Will.Well done Andy.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 09:36 PM »

Mark, you are not getting it and be careful what you wish for.

There's nothing I'm not understanding about your opinion.

And I did actually consider earlier today the fact Federer would enjoy the challenge of the crowd where as it might not help Djokovic. But still with all things considered, I prefer a Federer final based on the reasons I gave earlier.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39 PM »

Wow what a nail biting, nerve racking match that was. nervous
But Andy kept his cool and played the clutch moments so well. yay
Played better and better as the match went on, especially his serve. clap
Proud, proud, proud
 toot
Castle was so damn positive, I think I'm in love kiss
 Tracy Austin was just gr8 with her comments yay and so was Greg  yay
Happy, happy, happy Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39 PM »

Castle was so damn positive, I think I'm in love kiss
He's become a bit of a fan these last couple of years Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 09:41 PM »

There's nothing I'm not understanding about your opinion.

And I did actually consider earlier today the fact Federer would enjoy the challenge of the crowd where as it might not help Djokovic. But still with all things considered, I prefer a Federer final based on the reasons I gave earlier.

The part you are not getting is the part where you are underestimating Federer and his situation.
And also you predicted straight sets win over Ferrer and that didn't happen. Federer is way too hungry right now and making another final here after a long time and facing Andy will make him go the extra mile. If this was another scenario, I would have definitely wanted Federer to make the final just so you can watch Andy go down yet again, but my hands are tied right now.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44 PM »

The part you are not getting is the part where you are underestimating Federer and his situation.
I'm afraid you're not getting it - you're not getting me. I didn't say Federer would be the easier opponent, I just said it would be my preferred opponent and I gave my reasons.

And also you predicted straight sets win over Ferrer and that didn't happen.
Well sue me for enjoying some optimism. It certainly wasn't a carefully thought prediction, let me tell you.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44 PM »

Mark, you are not getting it and be careful what you wish for. The crowd will be a factor for Nole; on the other hand, Federer will thrive in it. Once he makes the final, he will start all sorts of things to intimidate Andy beforehand and will start playing mind games right away. He will do his best to paralyze Andy mentally way before and he will also use the crowd against Andy. Noel won't pull any such tricks. Don’t get too confident now. Anyway, Andy has yet to make the final so I guess this is all a moot point anyway.
So Fed's a shoe-in, then?... and Andy's a maybe? Think
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Missed most of match coz in meetings but saw much of final set. Andy showed real guts and loved respect he showed df in post match interview. Please everyone don't tempt fate. I think shd b no talk of final till after sf. But for now, so happy 4 andy.Smile
IP Logged
Adrian

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 09:59 PM »

Well done Andy, so proud, a real battling performance, so mentally strong. Lets not get ahead of ourselves, Murray has to beat Tsonga and this will be another tough match. Remember Roddick semi-final at Wimbeldon in 2009, Andy was expected to win but fell at that hurdle. Despite the caution I do think Andy will reach the final, but it may well be a tough match.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 10:00 PM »

I had this dream that Andy was beating Fed in the final, when Fed retired injured just to spite Andys first Grand Slam win. nervous

Awful thing is that I could see that happening!
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 10:05 PM »

Jesus Christ, I appologise for the spelling, grammar and outright crap nature of that report. I've re-written it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 10:11 PM »

All that excitement. Excuseable. Smile
btw... Very good report, errirzin all.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Jesus Christ, I appologise for the spelling, grammar and outright crap nature of that report. I've re-written it.
Pished???
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »