Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier

(Read 3476 times)
Flossie

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Unreal bottle in the tie break. If he can hang on to this mental strength then he might be able to cope with the mind games ahead of him. Federer is especially good at unnerving Murray and did it in the Aussie final. His speech after he won completely demoralised Murray . Let us hope the tables have turned.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 10:26 PM »

Hypothetical of course but my favoured final would be Murray vs Fed- i just think at wimbledon with the crowd support after all the snide comments Smugerer has said about Andy in the past, he'd be so damn fired up. it would be my dream, to watch him beat Fed in a Wimbledon final...ahhh one can only imagine!

I do think however feds unlikley to beat Novak, and Andy is a 50:50 vs Tsonga so go figure...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 10:29 PM »

I do think however feds unlikley to beat Novak, and Andy is a 50:50 vs Tsonga so go figure...
Have you seen their H2H? I think 50:50 is a little pessimistic.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 10:31 PM »

I'm not sure who Andy may have the best chance with if he reaches the final.  Personally, I think he's probably got more chance if he plays Djokovic - for no other reason than probably watching him demolish the Joker so easily in Dubai.  Having said that, each and every match is different.  If he does get to the final no matter which guy he meets - it's going to be the match of his life.  However - Tsonga first! 

Am I sitting on the fence!  Oh yes - my arse is full of splinters! 
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Good report, I had to go out when rain stopped play, only just got in, delighted to see Andy had won. What courage he displayed and his serve was great at the key points. He had such a difficult draw but has dispatched each opponent.I'm watching Greg, Tracy and John Inverdale and the highlights of the Tsonga match, waiting for their views and highlights of Andy's match.
IP Logged
Flossie

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 10:33 PM »

My dream too would be to see Fed the Smug thrashed by Murray
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Have you seen their H2H? I think 50:50 is a little pessimistic.

Well Tsonga when on fire is pretty unstoppable im thinking QF vs Fed last year, even Rg QF with Novak this year when he had match points in the 4th, i know its a decent match-up for Andy but if he is less clutch than he was today in the big moments Tsonga could definately win. I do think andy will win...but i just don't want to get too excited yet!
IP Logged
Flossie

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 10:36 PM »

I loved Mac's comment to Fed The Smug...."Why do you wear that scarf round your head? Would it not be easier to get a haircut "
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 10:38 PM »

3 hours later I'm still mentally exhausted.  Tsonga might get a set if he hits a hot streak but that'll be it - he just doesn't have the consistency to hurt Andy too much.  Don't see Federer getting a set off Novak.  Novak will be a 80:20 favourite against Andy but......who knows?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #39 on: July 04, 2012, 10:39 PM »

Novak will be a 80:20 favourite against Andy but......who knows?
Yeah this is why I'm only really hoping for a final this year.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01 PM »

I had this dream that Andy was beating Fed in the final, when Fed retired injured just to spite Andys first Grand Slam win. nervous
Oh Robbie I hope that dream doesnt come true. We want Andy to beat Fedex to a pulp!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 11:14 PM »

I loved Mac's comment to Fed The Smug...."Why do you wear that scarf round your head? Would it not be easier to get a haircut "
He's some need to talk, with his red Alice band holding is curls in place  Whistle
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 11:20 PM »

Oh Robbie I hope that dream doesnt come true. We want Andy to beat Fedex to a pulp!
Don't really care how the first Slam comes but nothing about Smugfed would surprise me these days.  He's so far up his own backside with his own idea of his self impotance (sorry mean importance).
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Murrays World Forum is just great!
 Such a good atmosphere on here atm, friendly banter and exchange of views just the odd wanna-be-a-troll now and again but nothing we cant cope with.

I'm still on a high and still winding down, not easy, anyway off to get some zzzzZzzzzz. Catch you guys tomorrow.
IP Logged
maggie
Re: Nervous Murray outfoxes The Terrier « Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 11:42 PM »

Andy was not nervous!
Good luck Andy; many, many people believe you can go all the way and win title.
Very best wishes and enjoy tennis matches!
Maggie
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »