Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  The rise of Andy Murray 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

The rise of Andy Murray

(Read 505 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

The rise of Andy Murray « on: December 19, 2005, 11:07 PM »

Source: Sunday Herald
There are times mothers know when to keep quiet. Judy Murray did that day back in May. The first few months of her youngest son’s fledgling career on the senior circuit had not gone well.

But he had just beaten the highly rated Argentine Juan-Martin Del Porto and Judy sensed he was poised to add the French Junior to his US Open crown. Instead, he lost to a Croatian who would go on to claim the title.

Judy Murray said:
Andy just didn’t put in a great performance in the semi. It was windy, he was grumpy and I remember walking back to the locker-room with him and feeling absolutely gutted because I knew he should have won the whole event.

I was trying desperately not to show how disappointed I was or say anything to upset him, but he turned to me and said ‘that was rubbish, wasn’t it’. I had to agree. But he put it behind him in literally a minute and immediately said he was ready to go back to London to start practising for Queen’s.

- Full Story (sundayherald.com)
IP Logged
kwevus
ATP Level

Let us taste those Murray mints

The rise of Andy Murray « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 11:20 PM »

i did it mum - thats adorable!!  =D> !!but whats with the well deserved break in south africa hmmmm!! and it wouldnt be complete without a dig at the hair!!! x(",)x
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The rise of Andy Murray « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 11:36 PM »

Credit to alc.aka.amyc for finding this.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »