Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Toothless Murray bunted out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Toothless Murray bunted out

(Read 3715 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #90 on: April 21, 2012, 01:31 PM »

I see we have AK400 back to gloat. I bet he could not wait. Tell me AK400 were was your beloved Mr Smug or was he too tired to play in Monte Carlo. He could have mixed with the rich and famous.
I gather Fed is an the US with a coach preparing himself for Madrid ...
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #91 on: April 21, 2012, 02:37 PM »

ANDY MURRAY:  The first set, yeah, you know, it was my bad for being so far back there.  You know, you want to try to be a bit close to the line.  But I think it's normal.  As the match goes on, you kind of forget about it.  But when you see that happen a few times in the same spot, you're naturally going to be a little bit conscious of it.
 But, yeah, you know, when I was worried about it, I was winning, and when I wasn't worried about it, I was losing.  It had no real relevance to the match.

So now we know.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Andy-Murray-Friday.aspx

TOMAS BERDYCH:  Well, I was a bit lucky.  I had an advantage to play Davis Cup on clay.  I already played three matches on clay before I came here.  So it was a good start.
 So for me it's not a first matches to play on clay here, which was an advantage.  I'm happy that I'm well used and well prepared for the play.

But, as you said, I born to play on clay courts.  I have a good results.  I won a title on clay.  I have semis from Roland Garros and already my second semifinal from here.
 I don't see it as kind of the worst surface.  My advantage is that I can play on everything, and that's it.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Tomas-Berdych-Friday.aspx
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #92 on: April 21, 2012, 02:40 PM »

TOMAS BERDYCH:

But, as you said, I born to play on clay courts.  I have a good results.  I won a title on clay.  I have semis from Roland Garros and already my second semifinal from here.
 I don't see it as kind of the worst surface.  My advantage is that I can play on everything, and that's it.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Tomas-Berdych-Friday.aspx

Shame you were born such an arrogant pri*k.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #93 on: April 21, 2012, 03:10 PM »

ANDY MURRAY:  The first set, yeah, you know, it was my bad for being so far back there.  You know, you want to try to be a bit close to the line.  But I think it's normal.  As the match goes on, you kind of forget about it.  But when you see that happen a few times in the same spot, you're naturally going to be a little bit conscious of it.
 But, yeah, you know, when I was worried about it, I was winning, and when I wasn't worried about it, I was losing.  It had no real relevance to the match.

So now we know.
confused
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #94 on: April 21, 2012, 03:14 PM »

Shame you were born such an arrogant pri*k.
Very Happy
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #95 on: April 21, 2012, 03:39 PM »

As I posted yesterday afternoon, Andy's loss was dissapointing but the level of some of the negativity on MW has been totally rank.  Having watched the highlights sure Andy was a bit passive and quite far behind the baseline but although not playing well he was always in the match and produced some shots of pure genius.  We are all (well most of us) ardent fans of Andy and do get despondent at losses but this match up on clay is a nightmare, if Berdych had beaten Andy at the USO then sure it would be complete devastation as Andy is twice the player that Berdych is on a hard court, he has the variety, trickery and talent to outwit and beat the one dimensional Berdych.  Playing on clay takes the speed away and allows a player like Berdych to tee up his power forehand.  Also Andy is twice the gentleman that TB is...........

On the subject of Annabel Croft, let her wax lyrical about Andy's shortcomings, she is a bitter old failure and I am pretty sure she must go home and worship at the foot of her home made Federer alter.  I am confident that at some point this year she is gonna have to eat her words and I for one will definitely Sky+ that moment and play it over and over again.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #96 on: April 21, 2012, 03:43 PM »

FFS! When will people learn that Andy's on court rants are not the reason he plays badly they are the RESULT. Sure, when the difference between you and your opponent is .5 of a percent it might make the difference but he was miles short today.

I am at a loss as to why for the most part people are staying positive about this defeat. He was dismal. As to what Lendl has brought to the set-up I am equally as bemused. Playing 3-4 meters behind the bass-line and being absolutely out gunned by a big hitter is a something we have all seen far to often. There was no change of tact at any stage and the loss was the only thing on the cards even just after he had "won" the first.

This was the type of match that we really should be seeing improvements both tactically and physically. Being blown off the court firmly punctuates any momentum that he had build up. Another thing that strikes me is that the other 3 guys seem to be able to show consistency on a seasonal basis or at the very least from tournament to tournament. With Andy his performances change so much from day to day it is going to be neigh on impossible for him to win a slam at this rate. one word Andy MOMENTUM!!!!

I agree drchef. This is the one thing that singles Andy out from the top 3.  He has to  become more consistent. I hope he can be soon, under guidance from Lendl.  I didnt see the match and its sad reading the match report with nothing positive in it, but we cant have blinkers on either, or find excuses for him.

He cant win 'em all. I will still support Andy Murray no matter what. I like the man and his tennis game. Lastly he's the only hope for British tennis now and in the forseeable future. He will inspire many youngsters to play.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #97 on: April 21, 2012, 03:48 PM »

ANDY MURRAY:  The first set, yeah, you know, it was my bad for being so far back there.  You know, you want to try to be a bit close to the line.  But I think it's normal.  As the match goes on, you kind of forget about it.  But when you see that happen a few times in the same spot, you're naturally going to be a little bit conscious of it.
 But, yeah, you know, when I was worried about it, I was winning, and when I wasn't worried about it, I was losing.  It had no real relevance to the match.

So now we know.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Andy-Murray-Friday.aspx

TOMAS BERDYCH:  Well, I was a bit lucky.  I had an advantage to play Davis Cup on clay.  I already played three matches on clay before I came here.  So it was a good start.
 So for me it's not a first matches to play on clay here, which was an advantage.  I'm happy that I'm well used and well prepared for the play.

But, as you said, I born to play on clay courts.  I have a good results.  I won a title on clay.  I have semis from Roland Garros and already my second semifinal from here.
 I don't see it as kind of the worst surface.  My advantage is that I can play on everything, and that's it.

Berd Brain could learn a thing or two from Andy   about class      "My advantage is that I can play on everything  and that's it"  WTF.   That's just so arrogant.  No wonder hardly anyone likes him.  When was the last time he actually reached a semi final in a GS.. how many GS finals has he been in? how many titles has he actually won? He's too far up his a*se to play down his chances and actually make a non arrogant comment.   He's taking over SmugFed's job  as the Humble King.   Watch out SmugFed  we have a new kid on the block coming to steal your  Smug Role.  
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #98 on: April 21, 2012, 03:49 PM »

I see we have AK400 back to gloat. I bet he could not wait. Tell me AK400 were was your beloved Mr Smug or was he too tired to play in Monte Carlo. He could have mixed with the rich and famous.
I thought AK made quite a reasonable post actually. confused
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #99 on: April 21, 2012, 03:49 PM »

As I posted yesterday afternoon, Andy's loss was dissapointing but the level of some of the negativity on MW has been totally rank.  Having watched the highlights sure Andy was a bit passive and quite far behind the baseline but although not playing well he was always in the match and produced some shots of pure genius.  We are all (well most of us) ardent fans of Andy and do get despondent at losses but this match up on clay is a nightmare, if Berdych had beaten Andy at the USO then sure it would be complete devastation as Andy is twice the player that Berdych is on a hard court, he has the variety, trickery and talent to outwit and beat the one dimensional Berdych.  Playing on clay takes the speed away and allows a player like Berdych to tee up his power forehand.  Also Andy is twice the gentleman that TB is...........

On the subject of Annabel Croft, let her wax lyrical about Andy's shortcomings, she is a bitter old failure and I am pretty sure she must go home and worship at the foot of her home made Federer alter.  I am confident that at some point this year she is gonna have to eat her words and I for one will definitely Sky+ that moment and play it over and over again.
Good posting!   Annabel Croft is as good a sports presenter as she was a tennis player. She's a pretty girl for the TV cameras and I reckon that helps to land a jobb in the media. With Mats she cannot come up with one opinion of her own. Find another day job Annabel and do us all a favour.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #100 on: April 21, 2012, 03:51 PM »

I think I'd rather Sky+ the winning moment and watch that over and over again but each to their own. Smile

I don't like her as a presenter but I don't exactly hate her to an extent which some on here do.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #101 on: April 21, 2012, 03:52 PM »

MM you are honeslty one of the best most positive Andy fans on here  its a pleasure to read your posts..  dont get too disheartened about the negative posts  hug
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #102 on: April 21, 2012, 03:55 PM »

Berd Brain could learn a thing or two from Andy   about class      "My advantage is that I can play on everything  and that's it"  WTF.   That's just so arrogant.  No wonder hardly anyone likes him.  When was the last time he actually reached a semi final in a GS.. how many GS finals has he been in? how many titles has he actually won? He's too far up his a*se to play down his chances and actually make a non arrogant comment.   He's taking over SmugFed's job  as the Humble King.   Watch out SmugFed  we have a new kid on the block coming to steal your  Smug Role.  
Good news for us then John,  Berdy just lost out to Djoko in 3. So much for all his talent then. What happen to the TB, born to be "king of clay" and every surface?

Nice one Nole! highfive
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #103 on: April 21, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Berd Brain could learn a thing or two from Andy   about class      "My advantage is that I can play on everything  and that's it"  WTF.   That's just so arrogant.  No wonder hardly anyone likes him.  When was the last time he actually reached a semi final in a GS.. how many GS finals has he been in? how many titles has he actually won? He's too far up his a*se to play down his chances and actually make a non arrogant comment.   He's taking over SmugFed's job  as the Humble King.   Watch out SmugFed  we have a new kid on the block coming to steal your  Smug Role.   
I quite despise Berdych as well but come on, some people just trying to find criticism with anything.

What he says is right. He has no weak surface - he has had results on Clay, Grass and Hard. He's just being honest.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Toothless Murray bunted out « Reply #104 on: April 21, 2012, 04:19 PM »

I quite despise Berdych as well but come on, some people just trying to find criticism with anything.

What he says is right. He has no weak surface - he has had results on Clay, Grass and Hard. He's just being honest.
He has had results that are intermittent and inconsistent, if he was as good as he says he is, he would be challenging for a top four spot and consistently in the latter stages of tournaments and especially GS's.  He deserved to win yesterday and nobody can take that away from him and perhaps people may feel a bit warmer towards him if he was a bit less of a sactimonious, big headed, arrogant, nasty and smug man.  Just some of the reasons I don't like him!!!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »