Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Tuesday, Estimated time - 7:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  News  >  Tough Draw for Murray in Miami
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Reply

Tough Draw for Murray in Miami

The draw for the Sony Ericsson Miami Masters 1000 is out, revealing a potentially tough path to the title for Andy Murray. The Scot's likely path is as follows:

R2. Istomin/Falla
R3. Raonic
R4. Simon/Melzer
QF. Berdych
SF. Nadal
F. Djokovic/Federer
IP Logged

Perhaps all these guys will look at their draw and groan when they see that Andy could be in their draw.  But champions rise above their opponents no matter who they are.  Let's hope the humidity, and warm temps in Miami will be a good thing for Andy.
IP Logged

The draw looks pretty well spread out over the four quarters to me which is not always the case.
IP Logged

To quote Andy himself: "There's no such thing as an easy draw" - and, like him, I'll take this tournament, like all his tournaments, one match at a time.
IP Logged

Good luck to Andy! I think he handles big servers beautifully so in a way this draw is not too shabby, though Rafa is never an easy out.
IP Logged

To quote Andy himself: "There's no such thing as an easy draw" - and, like him, I'll take this tournament, like all his tournaments, one match at a time.

Well said Aileen.
IP Logged

I hope he's ready from the start here. Istomin is a very difficult draw. Obviously assuming he beats Falla.
IP Logged

Istomin can be a bit in and out - sometimes he performs well above his ranking and other times he doesn't get past the first round - could be said of many players though!
IP Logged

I'm with you on this, Aileen. You've got to be relaxed - it's always better to go in assuming a tough fight than have misplaced confidence. I'm sure Andy is well aware of that, but some fans need to recognise it too.  A lot depends on how tuned the winner of the first round is going into a first match bye with Andy.
IP Logged

I hope Andy does well in Miami or we will have the usual suspects decrying him once more. It is a game of tennis NOT LIFE AND DEATH. But don't say anything or you will be called a sycophant. I wish him the best he does seem to have a few tough games to get through.
IP Logged

I had throught that the draw was pretty even over the four quarters until I looked again at Fed's draw - they might as well have given him a wild card to the semis!
IP Logged

Fed's draw! Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged

so excited for this tournament  Cmon!!!!!!!!!!!! Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile   yay  cmon yeah   
IP Logged

I think we are all suffering from Murray withdrawal symptoms.  I know I am.  This tournament can't come quick enough for me.
IP Logged

I enjoy tennis generally, and watching without the Andy nerves is good too..... probably just as well Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Reply