Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Tough Draw for Murray in Miami 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Tough Draw for Murray in Miami

(Read 3417 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 08:07 PM »

I enjoy tennis generally, and watching without the Andy nerves is good too..... probably just as well Whistle
Me too, BBH.  Much as I like Andy and support him it's nice to be able to watch matches without feeling I'm sitting on a roller-coaster!
IP Logged
Adrian
Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Tough draw, however at masters events this has to be expected. Andy will not want to be cold against istomin, who when on form is a difficult opponent. Raonic if serving well and hitting big could stop Andy in his tracks. In fact i am more worried about Andy against these two opponents, than against Berdych and Nadal.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31 AM »

Tough draw, however at masters events this has to be expected. Andy will not want to be cold against istomin, who when on form is a difficult opponent. Raonic if serving well and hitting big could stop Andy in his tracks. In fact i am more worried about Andy against these two opponents, than against Berdych and Nadal.
Must admit I am too.  At least he's played Berdych and Nadal - and beaten them.  Anyway why is everyone assuming he'll be playing Istomin?  It could be Falla, who he has played fairly recently.  I think Raonic could be the real problem causer if Andy isn't serving well because he usually gets so many points off his own serve - and he isn't likely to be fazed either by playing a world No.4.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 10:57 AM »

Fed's draw! Eyebrow raise.

Haven't looked but Gonzo's fault! Not my very favorite of all the muppets Whistle
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Must admit I am too.  At least he's played Berdych and Nadal - and beaten them.  Anyway why is everyone assuming he'll be playing Istomin?  It could be Falla, who he has played fairly recently.  I think Raonic could be the real problem causer if Andy isn't serving well because he usually gets so many points off his own serve - and he isn't likely to be fazed either by playing a world No.4.
I agree Raonic is the big danger, too often Andy has been needing to break opponents more than once to win a set as he has been prone to throwing in a sloppy service game here and there. Andy won't have that luxury against Raonic, and he's got to take any break point chances that come his way as the Canadian is usually very secure on serve. Better to play him for the first time here rather than say at Wimbledon or the US Open though. It would be a great boost to do well here and pick up some ranking points, all the best Andy, we are all behind you a hundred per cent..
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 06:48 PM »

So it's Falla in round 2. Hope Andy can get his AO form back on for Miami. Remember Falla had beaten Troicki at USO last year so he is a tough and aggressive player.

Raonic will prove a handful for Andy should they both get through to meet but Andy normally does well against big servers.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Not jumping any guns..but Troicki is a bit of a flake.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 07:10 PM »

i am sure Andy is totally aware what he has to do., Have faith he will be fine. Lendl is there,So many of you moan and critise too much this is where I wonder whether you actually play the game and understand want these guys have to do.

I know you want to support him but all the time you all moan and complain how he is playing. Just let  the tournament take its course and Andy play!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 07:11 PM »

I second that too many moaners.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 12:43 AM »

So it's Falla in round 2. Hope Andy can get his AO form back on for Miami. Remember Falla had beaten Troicki at USO last year so he is a tough and aggressive player.

Raonic will prove a handful for Andy should they both get through to meet but Andy normally does well against big servers.
Yes, Istomin retired at 2-1 down in the 2nd set.  Andy has already met Falla (plays LH btw) in the QF of the Farmers' Classic in Washington in July 2010 and beat him 7-6, 6-1, so he will know exactly what he has to do here.

And before we get excited about Raonic (myself included!) he too has still to play his 2nd round match.
IP Logged
Psmannie

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 03:06 AM »

At his best Andy can beat anyone, and I wonder if a tough draw means he's really focused right from the start.  Good luck and we all know you can do it. yay
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 03:28 AM »

It's annoying how everyone is picking Raonic and Isner over Andy in Miami. I can't wait for Andy to prove them all wrong.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 03:38 AM »

At his best Andy can beat anyone, and I wonder if a tough draw means he's really focused right from the start.  Good luck and we all know you can do it. yay
Hi Psmannie! wave  Welcome to MW!   
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 09:50 AM »

It's annoying how everyone is picking Raonic and Isner over Andy in Miami. I can't wait for Andy to prove them all wrong.
who is everyone bes03?  If it's the comms then I don't mind as I think Andy does better when it's not assumed he will win.  But as you say can't wait for Andy to prove them wrong.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 09:56 AM »

I am just hoping Andy has a good start and gets into the tournament and plays well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »