Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Tough Draw for Murray in Miami 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Tough Draw for Murray in Miami

(Read 3846 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 10:28 AM »

Don't care if it is an ugly win or not, just as long as Andy gets through his first match, after that things will be fine, I'm sure.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 10:00 PM »

To quote Andy himself: "There's no such thing as an easy draw" - and, like him, I'll take this tournament, like all his tournaments, one match at a time.
I'm with you Aileen, as we try to steel ourselves for another episode in the life of an Andy M. supporter! Smile 

Good luck to our bonnie laddie!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 10:03 PM »

I had throught that the draw was pretty even over the four quarters until I looked again at Fed's draw - they might as well have given him a wild card to the semis!
lmao
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06 PM »

All four qualifiers through to 2nd round in Fed's quarter.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 12:27 AM »

I'm with you Aileen, as we try to steel ourselves for another episode in the life of an Andy M. supporter! Smile  

Good luck to our bonnie laddie!
I'm disgusted that NOBODY in the UK will be able to see Andy's match, or indeed any of the matches (and that includes Rafa), because Sky won't be televising until Saturday and tennisTV won't start livestreaming until then either.  What's up with them?  Pretty disgraceful imo not to show the first half of the R2 matches.  Of course it goes without saying that His Smugship's match will be televised.  I'm hoping a free livestream can be found because I can't stand the suspense of watching live scores!

UPDATE: I see from am.com that Andy's match starts at 11 am (3 pm GMT).  Oh well that settles that because I wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway.  Might be able to hover near a computer though and catch the score.

[ Last edit by Aileen March 23, 2012, 12:38 AM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 07:34 AM »

I'm disgusted that NOBODY in the UK will be able to see Andy's match, or indeed any of the matches (and that includes Rafa), because Sky won't be televising until Saturday and tennisTV won't start livestreaming until then either.  What's up with them?  Pretty disgraceful imo not to show the first half of the R2 matches.  Of course it goes without saying that His Smugship's match will be televised.  I'm hoping a free livestream can be found because I can't stand the suspense of watching live scores!

Aileen it's not just UK.  The US televising doesn't start till tomorrow and all the others take the feed from them.  So for once we can't blame Sky.  I find it really weird - incidentally it means the Americans can't watch Isner so perhaps they might rethink next year. w00t
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 07:42 AM »

Well I'm glad. Don't want to watch any more first matches thanx. As I totally underestimated GGL, certainly won't do that with Falla. He's a tough customer nervous
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 08:52 AM »

To quote Andy himself: "There's no such thing as an easy draw" - and, like him, I'll take this tournament, like all his tournaments, one match at a time.

could not agree with you more Aileen, small steps make the big distances. Well now we all wait with baited breath for that 3pm start, I've got my Valium next to me and a blanket to duck under should the nerves really start to get jangled. whatever will be will be, its out of our hands. Good Luck Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26 AM »

could not agree with you more Aileen, small steps make the big distances. Well now we all wait with baited breath for that 3pm start, I've got my Valium next to me and a blanket to duck under should the nerves really start to get jangled. whatever will be will be, its out of our hands. Good Luck Andy.
omg if even the psychologist amongst us reaches for the valium what hope is there for the rest of us  Whistle
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 11:33 AM »

omg if even the psychologist amongst us reaches for the valium what hope is there for the rest of us  Whistle
hey Ruthie, since reading your reply I have not stopped laughing. thank you for making my day with your posted reply to my original comments.  hug
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Yes the coverage is very poor you would think they would at least want to see their own players. I find it hard to believe Americans would not want to see the tournament from the start.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 02:09 PM »

Yes the coverage is very poor you would think they would at least want to see their own players. I find it hard to believe Americans would not want to see the tournament from the start.
L LB The tennis channel is covering starting on the saturday.They say exstensive Start time 11 am.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Thaks very much iamabritt
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 03:55 PM »

Thaks very much iamabritt
No problem
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tough Draw for Murray in Miami « Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 04:46 PM »

hey Ruthie, since reading your reply I have not stopped laughing. thank you for making my day with your posted reply to my original comments.  hug
And they say laughter is the best therapy!  Better still Andy winning!!! Here's to more laughs as we go onwards and upwards on the AM roller coaster PT.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »