Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  A Big Petty Argument About Nothing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

A Big Petty Argument About Nothing

(Read 7674 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

A Big Petty Argument About Nothing « on: April 29, 2008, 04:19 PM »

I gave that answer.  Because I did this magical thing called subtracting Rolling Eyes  I just didn't understand the last bit.  Stop being patronising. 

This topic is sh*te - wish I hadn't started it.

Omg, I wasn't being patronising. You were being thick.

How can you guess the answer was 10 - which leaves 0 as the other answer - Be told you are correct, and then when someone says that you ask "how is the other answer 0?"

Mod NoticePosts split from 'Riddles' as recommended by Yamor and threat title given based on JohnW's suggestion.

Mod NoticeThread renamed again as Amy wanted it changed. New title based on one of ljsmall's suggestion.
[ Last edit by Allan May 01, 2008, 03:36 PM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 04:29 PM »

BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT!!  I guessed there was 10 because that it what was left over but I didn't know how that was to be split between the two, get it?

Well it's been explained to you, if you still don't get it u  really are thick
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 04:40 PM »

Well I posted barely 10 minutes after him asking if you could count. Usually, when people get something they say thanks for it. You would think that if you got it, you would say, "oh right I get it now" rather than

Yes ........ can you? unsure

Why have you quoted that then asked if I can count?  Whats me having the skill to count got to do with that quote? Think

Subtracting, last time I checked, involved counting! jeezo Rolling Eyes ******* retarded or what.

IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 04:42 PM »

Oh and another point, if you actually had work to, you wouldn't be skiving around on MW at all. So you can shove that argument right up your arse.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 05:02 PM »

So what, this is totally unrelated to the point, you didn't reply to Yamor, and instead of replying saying you understood you replied asking what counting had to do with anything, which you clearly realise it has to do with subtracting. HENCE YOU ARE BEING THICK. You are totally contradicting your own posts.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 06:07 PM »

This topic sucks! BIGTIME!!!
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 08:41 PM »

I actually liked it till the arguing started
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 10:46 PM »

Don't bring me into this argument!!
My mistake was nothing to do with counting. I just didn't see your post asking what the answer to the second question was, so i assumed when you didn't understand the two answers that you thought she was answering the first riddle. The reason i thought that was because you had only given one answer to neil's riddle, so i assumed you had thought there was only one question there...
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 10:52 PM »

Don't worry, no need to explain, i wasn't really serious...
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 11:00 PM »

I was explaining to Neil coz he got the wrong end of the stick.

yamor's explantion came BEFORE my post asking if you could count. So nice try, but you still contradicted yourself and I never got the wrong end of the stick.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 11:06 PM »

Well you brought this argument upon yourself. I was obviously still talking about that riddle, as that was the topic of conversation, and all I did in my reply was demonstrate the answer to the riddle in more detail and you went off on one. Hence, your fault.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 11:10 PM »

I gave that answer.  Because I did this magical thing called subtracting Rolling Eyes  I just didn't understand the last bit.  Stop being patronising.  

This topic is sh*te - wish I hadn't started it.

This post starts the argument, because bar explaining my riddle i ALSO explained why I said "Can you count?" and was being quite jovial about it. You chose to view in a negative manner and replied as such. Hence, your fault.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 11:52 PM »

Neil please stop repeatedly saying Amy is thick, that's really insulting.

You chose to view in a negative manner and replied as such. Hence, your fault.
I think it's pretty clear that considering your relationship with Amy, any joke that could be taken as a insult will always be considered an insult. You saying "Can you count?" is so obviously said to irritate her regardless of whether you say it was jesting.
[ Last edit by Mark April 29, 2008, 11:53 PM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 11:58 PM »

I never did, I said she was being thick in this case not that she was.

Secondly, whether or not you considered my comment in jest or not, I think it proves it was in jest when I went on to explain the riddle in detail and more importantly my reasons for saying it as I have already explained.

If Amy chooses to believe otherwise, this is her problem.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 12:00 AM »

I know that you said it to irritate her, know why? Because in your relationship, you simply cannot genuinely joke with Amy. People who hate each other do not joke with each other unless their is hidden negative intent.
[ Last edit by Mark April 30, 2008, 12:01 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »