Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  A Big Petty Argument About Nothing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

A Big Petty Argument About Nothing

(Read 7996 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 12:02 AM »

I know that you said it to irritate her, know why? Because in your relationship, you simply cannot genuinely joke with Amy, there has to be a hidden agenda behind such behaviour. People who hate each other do not joke with each other.

I don't care what you think. You are wrong, if you read my posts you can only agree with me.

I'll admit I wasn't very nice in my retaliations, but my original comment was in amusement at what I thought as already the explanation. She never confirmed she understood the riddle, I explained, she said I was patronising her.

I do wish you would stop taking sides mark, it's getting annoying.
[ Last edit by nkp2 April 30, 2008, 12:02 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 12:04 AM »

Many people here have observed that you are the person who seems to always bait her into an argument. Sure she does it sometimes but you do it so much more.

I'm not taking a side in this argument apart from saying that it's completely understandable why she would take an apparent joke from you seriously.
[ Last edit by Mark April 30, 2008, 12:05 AM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 12:07 AM »

No, when you insult someone, it's your problem. Particularly if the insult rises out of a misunderstanding. In this situation it's your responsibility to resolve the misunderstanding by explaining your meaning. If the person still doesn't understand it is still your responsibility to explain it better. Who else's responsibility could it possibly be for you to make yourself clear?

However, in this topic the pair of you are as bad as each other. There's a misunderstanding that draws an insult and then an explosion follows. I think it's safe to say, as Mark said that, from either of you to each other a friendly insult will never be that. So just don't do it. And then neither of you will be able to claim that's what it was when an argument follows.

And please try to be less patronising. I know it's difficult for you but it really is annoying.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 12:08 AM »

Many people here have observed that you are the person who seems to always bait her into an argument. Sure she does it sometimes but you do it so much more.

I'm not taking a side in this argument apart from saying that it's completely understandable why she would take an apparent joke from you seriously.

but the "joke" in question, was barely either a joke or an insult..... point still stands.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 12:09 AM »

"Can't you count?"... that's such an unnecessary comment that it's no surprise it was taken as an insult.
[ Last edit by Mark April 30, 2008, 12:10 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 12:11 AM »

No, when you insult someone, it's your problem. Particularly if the insult rises out of a misunderstanding. In this situation it's your responsibility to resolve the misunderstanding by explaining your meaning. If the person still doesn't understand it is still your responsibility to explain it better. Who else's responsibility could it possibly be for you to make yourself clear?

However, in this topic the pair of you are as bad as each other. There's a misunderstanding that draws an insult and then an explosion follows. I think it's safe to say, as Mark said that, from either of you to each other a friendly insult will never be that. So just don't do it. And then neither of you will be able to claim that's what it was when an argument follows.

And please try to be less patronising. I know it's difficult for you but it really is annoying.

Well firstly, I explained the riddle in detail and made several explanations to which Amy responded badly.

And as i've pointed out it was hardly an insult asking is she could count. She asked me to explain what I meant and I did in detail, she then took it the wrong way. No misunderstanding, she made the assumption I was having a go.

And I was not being patronising, as far as I was concerned, she made no indication she understood the problem and insulted me first.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 12:12 AM »

Please help me understand something, why did you ask if she could count? It can't be a genuine question obviously.
[ Last edit by Mark April 30, 2008, 12:13 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 12:13 AM »

"Can't you count?"... that's such an unnecessary comment that it's no surprise it was taken as an insult.

OMG

1) She answers the riddle

2) I tell her she is correct

3) Lorna tells her both answers

4) She asks why it's 0

5) I ask can she count, because clearly if one answer is 10 (which I have already told her she is correct with) the other HAS to be 0.

6) she doesn't confirm that she understands, and asks what I mean, I assume she still doesn't get it, which is perfectly reasonable, and explain it detail and she calls me patronising. HENCE HER FAULT.
[ Last edit by nkp2 April 30, 2008, 12:14 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 12:15 AM »

She made a mistake and you know she can actually count which means the question was certainly not genuine, so one must ask the meaning behind it. Right now I'm seeing it as sarcastic and therefore that can only end up being an insult when it's from your arch enemy.
[ Last edit by Mark April 30, 2008, 12:16 AM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 12:18 AM »

Calling someone thick, a retard and asking them if they can count (at the age of 21) regardless of how much of a joke it's meant to be, is patronising.

I'm not taking sides here, I think Amy was just as wrong in this one. She said some pretty mean things too. (not that you can read them anymore) But you need to stop implying she's thick all the time cause it's not fair. You don't say it to anyone else?
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 12:19 AM »

She made a mistake and you know she can actually count which means the question was certainly not genuine, so one must ask the meaning behind it. Right now I'm seeing it as sarcastic and therefore that can only end up being an insult when it's from your arch enemy.

But Mark he did the lol emoticon. Don't you know that means you an say whatever you like?
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 12:20 AM »

The fact you know she can count and simply made a mistake means the question was certainly not genuine so one must ask the meaning behind it. Right now I'm seeing it as sarcastic and therefore that can only end up being an insult when it's from your arch enemy.

I don't see Amy as any sort of arch enemy, you really do take things into fantasy land sometimes, you watch too much 24.... (yes this is an insult)

OBVIOUSLY IT WAS SARCASTIC THAT WAS THE ******* POINT. SARCASM IS A FORM OF WIT, THE LOWEST, SURE, BUT SO WHAT, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN ******* SERIOUSLY AND ANYONE WITH TWO ******* BRAIN CELLS TO RUB TOGETHER WOULD KNOW THAT!!!

I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE ******* RIDDLE, YET I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO DO SO.

IF YOU WOULD CARE TO NOTICE RECENT POSTS ELSEWHERE, I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN NICE TO AMY. ANd I don;t even mean out of the way to be nice, just responding to posts, in particular it comes to mind about her brother's recent fight with his gf, and I even asked about them, and we practically had a conversation in one topic.

However, you will also notice, the same basic courtesy is NEVER extended to me. EVER. Now this is Amy's perogative, she does not have to respond to any of my posts, but perhaps other people before they make their ******* small minded judgements, would like to look at posts of mine such as this which show me as a valued member of the community and not some arse only looking for a fight for the hell of it.

Yes I have a short temper, yes when provoked I get angry, Amy is not an exception to this rule, but typically, a lot of people seem to think she is.

That's all I have to say.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 12:20 AM »

But Mark he did the lol emoticon. Don't you know that means you an say whatever you like?

Oh it's the lol emoticon now? Didn't it used to be the wink? yawn
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 12:21 AM »

I don't see Amy as any sort of arch enemy, you really do take things into fantasy land sometimes, you watch too much 24.... (yes this is an insult)
Don't pretend to misinterpret me, I say arch enemy in the sense she is clearly the person you hate the most in this forum.
[ Last edit by Mark April 30, 2008, 12:22 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Neil and Amy Show (with special guests) « Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 12:22 AM »

Calling someone thick, a retard and asking them if they can count (at the age of 21) regardless of how much of a joke it's meant to be, is patronising.

I'm not taking sides here, I think Amy was just as wrong in this one. She said some pretty mean things too. (not that you can read them anymore) But you need to stop implying she's thick all the time cause it's not fair. You don't say it to anyone else?

The first two were after the argument started, I got angry, but I didn't start at.

Asking if she could count is explained above in detail.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »