Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  Agony Uncle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 163 Go Down Reply
Author

Agony Uncle

(Read 73755 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2325 on: September 27, 2010, 06:15 PM »

In addition to the formal letter, I'd keep calling and calling until he responds - no good just leaving him one message and waiting for him to take action. Keep pestering him until you get a proper answer.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2326 on: September 27, 2010, 06:20 PM »

What about this one Amy .... could you re-jig it?

Request for payment of wages

Dear Mr D XXXXXX,

RE.XXXXXXX THOMAS

As You are aware I was offered and accepted employment by xxxxxx and undertook work for xxxx both in the community coaching at schools and helping oversee large groups of children at public sports centres whilst also Training and Playing for the Club xxxxxx

My Employment with xxxxxx started on July 1st and both parties agreed that the claimant would take one weeks holiday from the 6th until the 13th July.

xxxx agreed to put methrough a coaching course at their expense of £80 in turn to benefit themselves .

Despite expressing my concerns on numerous occasions about the full contract not being signed to the director of rugby - John xxxxx , I was told not to worry about this and that my payment details did not need to be handed over, as Payment from the club was always on the xxxx of the following month (AUGUST).

After not receiving my wages I took the matter to the Chief executive xxxxxx,

A phone call was made by myself to Mr xxxxxxx and I expressed my concern that xxxxx hadn’t and had no intention of paying me for my work.

Mr xxxxxx made me a cash offer of £100 as settlement.

I refused as this offer was derisory for the amount of work and traveling I had undertaken to do my job for xxxxx
RF

MY REQUEST

I draw your attention to the heads of agreement that you sent me which I returned back to you signed and dated.

It is therefore I claim monies/wages owed of 1300 minus one weeks work of £302.33
Minus £80 expense of The RFU level 1 coaching course totaling £917.67

Youresponsibilities
I would draw your attention to the HEADS OF AGREEMENT I received from xxxxxxx club which state “The following terms have been agreed for the employment of “The Player” by the Club, to be legally binding, but in due course to be replaced by a long-form fixed term Agreement”.

It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have dealt with me in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my employer.

What I require
I calculate that you owe me 917.67 in wages for work done by myself from July 1st til August 4th and require this to be returned to me in full payment.

I enclose another copy of your heads of agreement which you sent me prior to the work done by myself.

My targets to resolve this matter
I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than …..

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a club such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2327 on: September 27, 2010, 06:33 PM »

In addition to the formal letter, I'd keep calling and calling until he responds - no good just leaving him one message and waiting for him to take action. Keep pestering him until you get a proper answer.

Yup I will do.

And thanks Daisy I shall keep hold of this and re-work it.

I'm really hoping that I find the money in my bank tomorrow, or at least a cheque in the post!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2328 on: September 27, 2010, 06:36 PM »

It might just be taking a while to clear through the banks....
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2329 on: September 27, 2010, 06:38 PM »

It should take two working days.  According to my contract I am due to get paid on the 24th of each month - which was last Friday.  When I rang on Friday to ask where it was I was told that "everyone" was getting paid on Monday instead.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2330 on: September 27, 2010, 06:39 PM »

Another thought Amy .... Laura could put her "friend" hat on instead of her "solicitor" hat, and most probably knock one out for you in a couple of minutes.  At least that way, it would be correct.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2331 on: September 27, 2010, 06:52 PM »

I'm gonna try the pester calls first lol
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2332 on: September 28, 2010, 03:58 PM »

Well, I rang the boss today and he was convinced I had already been paid.  He was so patronising and asked me to check my bank account.  I told him I have and would have noticed a four figure amount going in.  So he rang the accountant to find out when it had been paid, apparently ... it was processed and ready for payment at the beginning of this month but the accountant forgot to authorise payment therefore halting it from going out!!  My ex boss rang me back apologising and they've made a CHAPS payment and sent it into my bank today which I received Very Happy

What ******* idiots!!!  I could of have this money weeks ago!!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2333 on: September 28, 2010, 05:26 PM »

Well, I rang the boss today and he was convinced I had already been paid.  He was so patronising and asked me to check my bank account.  I told him I have and would have noticed a four figure amount going in.  So he rang the accountant to find out when it had been paid, apparently ... it was processed and ready for payment at the beginning of this month but the accountant forgot to authorise payment therefore halting it from going out!!  My ex boss rang me back apologising and they've made a CHAPS payment and sent it into my bank today which I received Very Happy

What f**king idiots!!!  I could of have this money weeks ago!!

yay at least it's sorted now Smile And are't you glad it was a simple admin error rather then a deliberate move that started a whole host of legal stuff that took ages to sort Smile
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2334 on: September 28, 2010, 05:38 PM »

Yeah I'm much happier its ended like this. I really wouldn't have liked the fuss of going through legal stuff.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2335 on: September 30, 2010, 11:05 PM »

Glad it's sorted in the end. Smile

If HR had anything to do with it, you can be sure it went wrong to be honest. Worst people in any organisation.

When I began my new contract with a slightly increased salary my first pay was still at the previous amount. I emailed the HR payroll people and they apologised saying it would be correct next time with backpay. Sure enough I was again paid at the old salary the next fortnight and no backpay was received. This time I found out which floor they were on and who was the person to speak to and went down to sort it out face to face and they said they'd do a manual backpay which eventually came a week or so later.

With a new and quite significant pay rise coming in this month I don't expect to actually be paid it without having to personally go down and question why it hasn't been actioned.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2336 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16 AM »

I worked in HR for several years  lol  We're not all like that, honestly.

Glad you got it sorted Amy. yes
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2337 on: October 28, 2010, 03:30 PM »

I'm gonna be a corpse army girl this weekend, anyone know of any tips for fake wounds and stuff??
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2338 on: October 28, 2010, 03:47 PM »

How about ...

IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Agony Uncle « Reply #2339 on: October 28, 2010, 04:18 PM »

Thing is .... I don't have any special wax stuff, I'm a woman on a budget lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 ... 163 Go Up Reply