Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  How do you feel right now? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 1337 ... 1463 Go Down Reply
Author

How do you feel right now?

(Read 275530 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #19995 on: June 08, 2013, 02:10 PM »

Yes, we'll back you up - tell them your ability to make an informed judgement will be strongly impaired by the fact that your mind will be firmly in SW19. Rotten rotten luck 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #19996 on: June 08, 2013, 02:50 PM »

Yes, we'll back you up - tell them your ability to make an informed judgement will be strongly impaired by the fact that your mind will be firmly in SW19. Rotten rotten luck 

Good idea I will cite medical reasons for my withdrawal....andyitis. I go into complete shock if I miss a game Wink
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #19997 on: June 08, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Mass outbreak of andyitis to shortly sweep the nation causing high rates of absenteeism from work, power surges and  increased takings in bars showing matches.

Am sure you could get a medical exemption due to this plague
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #19998 on: June 08, 2013, 07:32 PM »

My mood has brightened due to the forthcoming grass season. I worked my but off today in the garden and am exhausted still I can sit and watch Andy without feeling guilty. The shrubs had grown so much with all the rain we have had. The weather today is beautiful but I am feeling really tired so it will be an early night for me so I can scream and shout at the telly when Andy is playing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #19999 on: June 08, 2013, 10:21 PM »

I'm pissed of connor... I went b4 and didn't get picked so was back home lunchtime monday. But what's the betting I get picked this time Frown
Angie - a friend of mine was called twice and never got picked, so fingers crossed

Mass outbreak of andyitis to shortly sweep the nation causing high rates of absenteeism from work, power surges and  increased takings in bars showing matches.

Am sure you could get a medical exemption due to this plague
lmao

IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20000 on: June 08, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Oh Angie what a shame that you might have to do jury service when Andy's playing tennis. I had to do jury service about 8 year's ago in Bristol and loved every minute of it. Not so keen on the traveling though. As had to get a bus from Weston to Bristol each day which was a bit of a bind. I remember one of the guys had stabbed his girlfriend she wasn't seriously hurt but we were shown picture's of the stab wound. Of course we all found him guilty and he was sent down. Another case some of us thought the guy was guilty some didn't when we went back into the court room the judge sent us back out and we were not allowed to go back into the court room until we all came to the same conclusion, of whether we thought the guy was guilty or not,no matter how long it took.We used to get food vouchers for the restaurant And were allowed to claim back any traveling expenses. I would do it again tomorrow.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20001 on: June 09, 2013, 12:06 AM »

Fortunately there's a difference between English and Scots law when it comes to juries.

In English criminal cases a jury consists of 12 people and a unanimous decision used to be required no matter how long it took, although that changed recently to allow a majority decision of 11-1 or 10-2 to be accepted, although that could still prolong the decision making process.

In Scottish criminal cases a jury is made up of 15 people and majority verdicts have always been the norm, even if it's as narrow as 8-7, which is why juries in Scotland tend to reach a verdict quite quickly, very often in just a few hours.

These juries also have a third option to 'guilty' and 'non-guilty' verdicts, i.e. a 'not proven' verdict, which can be reached if the jury is unconvinced that the suspect is innocent, but has insufficient evidence to prove their guilt.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20002 on: June 10, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Nervous, this Friday I am playing doubles at a tournament. My partner is my coach. I would not be so nervous, but I am not in form, which is worrying. I did play a little better tonight though. #godbewithme#nervous
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20003 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38 PM »

What is the point of hashtagging unless you're on Twitter?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20004 on: June 10, 2013, 09:40 PM »

What is the point of hashtagging unless you're on Twitter?

What's the point in questioning it?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20005 on: June 10, 2013, 09:53 PM »

Nervous, this Friday I am playing doubles at a tournament. My partner is my coach. I would not be so nervous, but I am not in form, which is worrying. I did play a little better tonight though. #godbewithme#nervous
You will rise to the occasion Gangsta. yes  Just think of Andy and you'll be OK.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20006 on: June 11, 2013, 09:04 AM »

Just go out there and have fun!  cmon yeah C'MON.....
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20007 on: June 11, 2013, 02:33 PM »

All the best, Connor! cmon yeah
Go kick your opponent's ass. Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20008 on: June 11, 2013, 03:03 PM »

He's playing doubles Sabine, so he'll have to kick both their arses!  Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20009 on: June 11, 2013, 03:08 PM »

He's playing doubles Sabine, so he'll have to kick both their arses!  Whistle

Even better! lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 1337 ... 1463 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »