She's half my age, we got too close for comfort afterwards in reality.
I'm going to try filling in the blanks, because your response is a little ambiguous. Tell me if this is how it is:
- You stepped in to support this girl because no-one else would.
- You became her knight in shining armour because you defended her.
- You became her Justin Bieber.
- You liked her and was flattered by her attention.
- Then you started to realise how it might look to others.
- Which, in turn, made you feel insecure.
- You started to distance yourself from her.
- Now you feel bad.
Is this on/off/near the mark?