Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  How do you feel right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 ... 1465 Go Down Reply
Author

How do you feel right now?

(Read 278903 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20625 on: September 30, 2013, 02:07 PM »

What does this have to do with how Joe is feeling?
I think she's trying to cheer Joe up ...
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20626 on: September 30, 2013, 02:08 PM »

I think she's trying to cheer Joe up ...

What by torturing him into a permanent grin. Lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20627 on: September 30, 2013, 03:00 PM »

What by torturing him into a permanent grin. Lol.
No - by trying to encourage him to feel more positive about himself, although statements like that aren't always helpful to people who have mental health issues.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20628 on: September 30, 2013, 03:55 PM »

No - by trying to encourage him to feel more positive about himself, although statements like that aren't always helpful to people who have mental health issues.

I was actually responding to the issue of finding a job, and offering a suggestion of a source of help he might not be aware exists, rather than specifically how he is feeling. Hence I avoided reference to the other statements. I am very aware that addressing those is more the job of the professionals. I don't think some of his comments are those of somebody who is " pathetic" - simple statement of fact.

I will shut up now:-)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20629 on: September 30, 2013, 05:19 PM »

I was actually responding to the issue of finding a job, and offering a suggestion of a source of help he might not be aware exists, rather than specifically how he is feeling. Hence I avoided reference to the other statements. I am very aware that addressing those is more the job of the professionals. I don't think some of his comments are those of somebody who is " pathetic" - simple statement of fact.

I will shut up now:-)
I did know what the main thrust of your post was, and I'm sure Proddy will appreciate you taking the trouble to give him these facts, which I hope he will find helpful.  However in this instance I was merely responding to Gangsta's posts.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20630 on: September 30, 2013, 05:38 PM »

I did know what the main thrust of your post was, and I'm sure Proddy will appreciate you taking the trouble to give him these facts, which I hope he will find helpful.  However in this instance I was merely responding to Gangsta's posts.

Thanks for explanation. Wasn't sure hence the smiley.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20631 on: September 30, 2013, 05:41 PM »

Empty... lost... lonely... pathetic

hug

Have you had your Vitamin D and B levels checked out? If not, I suggest you do. My lad takes D and 1000mg B12 daily because he was deficient in both. The Vitamin D is really important because if you are deficient it can lead to depression.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20632 on: September 30, 2013, 05:46 PM »

hug

Have you had your Vitamin D and B levels checked out? If not, I suggest you do. My lad takes D and 1000mg B12 daily because he was deficient in both. The Vitamin D is really important because if you are deficient it can lead to depression.
I know this is addressed to Joe, but I'm interested in what you say about Vit D, and I will give it a try myself.  I do take a daily tablet of vitamins and minerals, but have never tried anything on its own apart from short courses of vits C and D.
[ Last edit by Aileen September 30, 2013, 07:54 PM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20633 on: September 30, 2013, 07:36 PM »

hug

under  my dr's care i take 4000iu of vit D.You get if from sunshine but for me thats too dangerous ...cancer.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20634 on: October 01, 2013, 12:59 PM »

I think there was an idea that all Scots be given vitamin D. In the winter we do not get enough sunshine and after some testing that Scots do not get enough vitamin D.  T :confused:here was a crusade that everyone in Scotland should take it. However I have not heard any more about it. confused
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20635 on: October 01, 2013, 02:04 PM »

I think there was an idea that all Scots be given vitamin D. In the winter we do not get enough sunshine and after some testing that Scots do not get enough vitamin D.  T :confused:here was a crusade that everyone in Scotland should take it. However I have not heard any more about it. confused
Margaret maybe you wre watching  Andy play. Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20636 on: October 01, 2013, 03:06 PM »

I remember hearing about that too Margaret, and that nothing ever happened,  so you aren't imagining things!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20637 on: October 01, 2013, 07:22 PM »

I know the papers were full of it for a time. They even suggested that it be put into certain foods. I remember when I was quite young (many moons ago) that my mum had to take me for light treatment because of my lack I presume of vitamin D I went for a few weeks. I can understand this because of the lack of sunshine in the winter. I will probably start taking it soon could do with a pick me up.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20638 on: October 01, 2013, 08:00 PM »

I'm sure it was that that got me starting to take Vit D tablets, but either I didn't take enough, or didn't persevere, or I was too late in starting taking it, because there was no noticeable improvement whatsoever.  Think I'll give it another try and might have a word with my GP as to the dosage.  Also if I can get it on prescription, so much the better.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How do you feel right now? « Reply #20639 on: October 05, 2013, 03:44 AM »

on the bottom of the world.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 ... 1465 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »