Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions  (Read 7188 times)
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #240 on: May 22, 2008, 04:08 PM »

Ha ha... You have to press buttons, like Regular or Premium, and the pump stops when your car fills up!
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #241 on: May 22, 2008, 04:15 PM »

You see! I didn't know these things. I think it's best I stay off the roads!
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #242 on: May 22, 2008, 04:17 PM »

Well at least you can more or less get away with that in England with trains and such. Here, if you don't have a car, you're more or less screwed, unless you'd like to utilize the inconsistencies of the bus system.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #243 on: May 22, 2008, 04:18 PM »

I regularly utilize the inconsistencies of the bus system, I waited 50 minutes for a bus one morning... ended up late for college.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #244 on: May 22, 2008, 04:21 PM »

See what I mean? That's what I'll end up doing, because even if I have my license, I'd rather pay $20 for an unlimited month-long bus pass than waste my money on gas driving to college. The English schooling thing totally mixes me up sometimes... College, university, all mean the same to me...
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #245 on: May 22, 2008, 04:21 PM »

We don't have that at our petrol (gas) stations in the UK, David! No buttons, and you have to hold down a lever the whole time you're filling (unless you jam it down - I have a friend who always does that). But it does click and stop when the car is full.

From my experiences in America, most towns and small cities don't even have buses!
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #246 on: May 22, 2008, 04:23 PM »

We don't have that at our petrol (gas) stations in the UK, David! No buttons, and you have to hold down a lever the whole time you're filling (unless you jam it down - I have a friend who always does that). But it does click and stop when the car is full.

Levers? What!  Crying or Very sad I give up...

See what I mean? That's what I'll end up doing, because even if I have my license, I'd rather pay $20 for an unlimited month-long bus pass than waste my money on gas driving to college. The English schooling thing totally mixes me up sometimes... College, university, all mean the same to me...

Exactly, it's a wise move. I'm not in your equivalent to college! I'm in the british equivalent, I'm 17, so I'm doing my two years before I go to University (or college as you call it)
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #247 on: May 22, 2008, 04:24 PM »

Well actually, in America the difference between college and university is that universities offer more graduate programs than colleges, but both occur at the same time in your life. I'm going to get an applied science degree.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #248 on: May 22, 2008, 04:25 PM »

I thought that the word University in english, meant College in American! This is even more confusing. So how old are you? Are you going to College now?
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #249 on: May 22, 2008, 04:28 PM »

I'm 17. I'm in high school right now, but next year I will finish my highschool requirements while in college as I work towards my degree. I don't have to pay for the first year either!
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #250 on: May 22, 2008, 04:29 PM »

Ah! Your the same age as me. Get it now!  shocking Have you got some sort of scholarship?
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #251 on: May 22, 2008, 04:31 PM »

No, it's through the high school. The state government covers the cost until spring of 2009, then I have to pay the last half. I'm really excited to start!
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #252 on: May 22, 2008, 04:32 PM »

That's pretty lucky! Are you moving away from home?
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #253 on: May 22, 2008, 04:35 PM »

Nope. The college is a 20 minute bus ride from my house. There's a bus stop not more than 20 meters from my front door!!! I like my city... Very Happy
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: How old were you when .....? ALSO other Random Questions « Reply #254 on: May 22, 2008, 04:37 PM »

Lucky you! I can't wait to leave my town, that's the main reason I'm going to Uni... to move away.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »