Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  Riddles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Riddles

(Read 7106 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Riddles « Reply #75 on: April 28, 2008, 11:41 PM »

Spoiler:
10? Think
I'm not actually that good at Riddles :P

Well you can't be that bad as you are right Wink
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Riddles « Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 09:32 AM »

Yeah. The first one's Spoiler:
and the second one's Spoiler:

And everything is most definately not mathematical! What about free verse?
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Riddles « Reply #77 on: April 29, 2008, 01:24 PM »

She means the two parts to Neils riddle. If you look you'll see Neil had two questions...
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Riddles « Reply #78 on: April 29, 2008, 01:53 PM »

Ah, sorry, I thought you thought she was answering the first riddle in the thread.
Spoiler:
 basically, its not possible to get three right, because if you do, you'll definitely have also got the fourth right!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Riddles « Reply #79 on: April 29, 2008, 02:06 PM »

Yes?  And she had gave answers to both Think

Amy no offence, but can you count? lol
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Riddles « Reply #80 on: April 29, 2008, 04:10 PM »

3) In a contest, four fruits (an apple, a banana, an orange, and a pear) have been placed in four closed boxes (one fruit per box). People may guess which fruit is in which box. 123 people participate in the contest. When the boxes are opened, it turns out that 43 people have guessed none of the fruits correctly, 39 people have guessed one fruit correctly, and 31 people have guessed two fruits correctly. The Question: How many people have guessed three fruits correctly, and how many people have guessed four fruits correctly?

Spoiler:
 123 - 43 - 39 - 31 = 10

your answer was 10 for four fruits.  

Therefore it must be 0 for 3 fruits...... Hence "can you count?" lol  
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Riddles « Reply #81 on: May 01, 2008, 03:14 AM »

Reminder of Riddles

Easy

1) When asked how old she was, Mary replied:
‘In two years, I will be twice as old as I was five years ago’
How old is she?

2) A black dog is sleeping in the middle of a black road that has no streetlights and there is no moon. A car coming down the road with its lights off steers around the dog. How did the driver know the dog was there?

3) In a contest, four fruits (an apple, a banana, an orange, and a pear) have been placed in four closed boxes (one fruit per box). People may guess which fruit is in which box. 123 people participate in the contest. When the boxes are opened, it turns out that 43 people have guessed none of the fruits correctly, 39 people have guessed one fruit correctly, and 31 people have guessed two fruits correctly. The Question: How many people have guessed three fruits correctly, and how many people have guessed four fruits correctly?

Medium

1) My wife and I recently attended a party at which there were four other married couples. Various handshakes took place. No one shook hands with himself (or herself) or with his (or her) spouse, and no one shook hands with the anyone more then once.
After all the handshakes were over, I asked each person, including my wife, how many hands he (or she) had shaken. To my suprise each gave a different answer. How many hands did my wife shake?

Hard

1) A man enters a hotel with a thousand rooms, numbered from 1 to 1000, and goes round opening all the doors (1000 doors). He then closes the doors of every second room (that is, room nos. 2, 4, 6 etc.). Then he goes to every third room and if he finds it open he closes it and if he finds it closed he opens it. Then every fourth room, then every fifth etc. etc., until every thousandth room. (of course, from after he does every 500th room, he's only doing one door each round!)

The question is, how many doors are left open at the end?

Very Hard

2) There is a circular table, with 24 seats, each seat has a place card, but the 24 people come in and sit randomly. It turns out that no one is seated correctly. Is it always possible to rotate the table until at least two people are in their right places?
What about if it turns out that one person sat on his right place, will it always be possible to rotate until at least two are in the right place?

Answers in spoilers please!

Come on guys. Anyone gonna try any?
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Riddles « Reply #82 on: May 08, 2008, 12:00 AM »

I just tried to explain the hotel doors one to my dad. It's taken me half an hour but he finally got it  clap I dread the day when my brain becomes that slow..... He used to be good at maths too! lol
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Riddles « Reply #83 on: May 08, 2008, 01:50 AM »

What about the last riddle, Neil?
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Riddles « Reply #84 on: May 08, 2008, 05:05 PM »

What about the last riddle, Neil?

pass. I could work it out with pen and paper, but trying to think of a 'trick' to it, doesn't help...... not sure if I can find it.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Riddles « Reply #85 on: May 08, 2008, 05:22 PM »

The first part is beautiful and simple! Should i say the answer?
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Riddles « Reply #86 on: November 20, 2008, 09:23 PM »

Which standard English word can be read forwards, backwards, upside down, and in the mirror?
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: Riddles « Reply #87 on: November 20, 2008, 09:57 PM »

bib (pip upside down/did in mirror) ??
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Riddles « Reply #88 on: November 20, 2008, 10:15 PM »

It doesn't read pip upside down.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Riddles « Reply #89 on: November 20, 2008, 10:17 PM »

did?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »