Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  The last thing you paid for? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 159 Go Down Reply
Author

The last thing you paid for?

(Read 55752 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2265 on: October 29, 2012, 11:32 PM »

It was $1.15 last week but this week it's $1.19. I filled it up last week.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2266 on: October 30, 2012, 03:40 AM »

It was $1.15 last week but this week it's $1.19. I filled it up last week.
Sorry Emma.. but you was defo robbed. Grrr...
Have you looked into getting the Canadian Tire Mastercard? .. it gets us an additional 10c/ltr off.
So, I actually filled up at $1.05/ltr. I drive a Cadillac Escalade, so that's a significant savings for me.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2267 on: October 30, 2012, 03:54 AM »

Think I was £1.34/litre today!

Sickening.

£1.50 but I am trying to get an invite to the V-Power club Very Happy

So, that works out to $2.15-$2.40/ltr? There would be an outcry here!!

Although I find the price you pay extremely shocking, my hubbster commutes 120kms (75 miles) back & forth to work every day. And travel time is minimum 1hr 45 mins per day.
Would that be a normal commute now in UK? Depending on demographics, I'm quite sure it is.
So does that sort of all even it all out?
[ Last edit by scotnadian October 30, 2012, 04:14 AM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2268 on: October 30, 2012, 07:29 AM »

I paid $2.11NZ yesterday (about £1.06). Strong exchange rate is working out quite well for things like that at the moment.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2269 on: October 30, 2012, 07:34 AM »

Concerts and the new PS3 are bleeding me dry at the moment! lol

There's a good NZ online game store that sells games much cheaper than the shops so got a few things in a sale they had when I first got the PS3 a month ago then of course they sent me a $10 voucher for making my first order so something else was bought. Then of course they sent me a $10 voucher for my birthday which I wasn't going to use until the day of my birthday (it expired on the day) when I mentioned it and my Dad and girlfriend egged me on to not waste it. Got a reasonably sized collection of games considering I've only had the thing a month now lol

Good concerts coming think and fast too which is unusual for NZ. Went to Auckland for Kenny Rogers in August (bit odd for someone my age maybe but the girlfriend is his number 1 fan and had seen him live before). Then we're going to Coldplay in Auckland next weekend then Ringo Starr in Auckland in February. And then yesterday Bryan Adams goes and announces his first NZ concerts for 15 years. At least he's actually coming to Wellington (also unusual for big stars due to lack of big concert venues) so won't need flights to Auckland aswell this time!

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2270 on: October 30, 2012, 03:42 PM »

Sorry Emma.. but you was defo robbed. Grrr...
Have you looked into getting the Canadian Tire Mastercard? .. it gets us an additional 10c/ltr off.
So, I actually filled up at $1.05/ltr. I drive a Cadillac Escalade, so that's a significant savings for me.

I am so tired of credit cards, really and now I only use one and that's Visa, though I do have a bunch of them, but I have managed to keep the balance to $0. But that does sound like worth having - the Canadian Tire MasterCard. I'll sign up next time I am there or can do it online too.

I am actually pretty happy with Honda so far. It's very fuel efficient. I noticed that gas is still sitting at $1.19 this morning when I drove in. It’s still much lower compared to what we had previous weeks!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2271 on: October 30, 2012, 11:13 PM »

^The CT Mastercard is great to get that extra 10c, but just be aware you need a mimimum spend per month (we never carry a balance either.) I've taken to using credit much more than debit, and make those cards work for ME rather than the other way around.

Unfortunately my vehicle is not so fuel efficient, but we need it for towing. Luckily, I have no lengthy commutes.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2272 on: November 01, 2012, 01:23 AM »

Tickets to Bryan Adams as mentioned above.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2273 on: November 01, 2012, 01:54 AM »

Very nice.

I went across the road to a local small supermarket (organic a speciality) to buy some roasted chickpeas innocent and came back with some Nairn double chocolate chip oat biscuits confused  They didn't have the chick peas so I had to console myself Little tongue man
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2274 on: December 04, 2012, 01:45 PM »

It's time to rebuild my computer Little tongue man

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU £168.94

Asus P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard £147.96

Fractal Design Define R3 Computer Case £78.95
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2275 on: December 12, 2012, 07:45 PM »

Renewed my license plate this past week. Cost me $82 for one year. Used to be $75 just last year.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2276 on: December 12, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Renewed my license plate this past week. Cost me $82 for one year. Used to be $75 just last year.
Emma,you being in Toronto, shouldn't that be licence plate because the spelling license is used in the U.S. is for the noun and verb while the spelling of licence in Canada is for the noun and license for the verb.  Think
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2277 on: December 12, 2012, 08:57 PM »

I knew that was going to come back to bite me in the ass.

robbie, I am in a holiday mood so please do not confuse me. License, licence…who cares, really. We are all going to die anyway.

Okay, so I am using U.S English.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2278 on: December 12, 2012, 10:27 PM »

Emma...i merely jest...you should know me by now....enjoy the rest of your holiday hug...by the way, arnt we all supposed to die on this date
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: The last thing you paid for? « Reply #2279 on: December 13, 2012, 08:38 AM »

Emma...i merely jest...you should know me by now....enjoy the rest of your holiday hug...by the way, arnt we all supposed to die on this date
Nah!  nah It's the 21st Robbie, but no one said anything about 'dying'! The Mayans foretold a major change, so, could be interesting! Still......it may be a good idea to put your affairs in order.......just in case!  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 159 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »