Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  The Wailing Wall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

The Wailing Wall

(Read 3677 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #60 on: March 14, 2008, 01:50 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!  I'm full and I still haven't eaten my Cadburys Caramel yet Very Sad
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #61 on: March 14, 2008, 03:02 PM »

Chris aka thomasreglegs, can you sort this out please, I keep getting spammed by you whenever you receive a private message because emails from the server are bouncing back to me.

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:

Considering you're not getting emails from anyone but your contact list, if you want I can change your profile settings so PM notifications are turned off?
[ Last edit by Mark March 14, 2008, 03:04 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #62 on: March 14, 2008, 03:43 PM »

OK, I've disabled PM and topic notifications on your profile Smile
[ Last edit by Mark March 14, 2008, 03:44 PM ] IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

The Wailing Wall « Reply #63 on: March 14, 2008, 03:49 PM »

Wail - WHYYYYYYY has mark ronsons changed an amazing Radiohead song!?!?!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 03:52 PM »

a) You do not get sent a copy of the PM to your email anyway, it simply tells you that you have a PM. I choose for it not to send a copy because many users will reply to the email instead of logging on to the forum.

b) No, you will continue to receive PMs as normal.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #65 on: March 14, 2008, 03:58 PM »

No your server is not smarter than I think, it's simply lying to the sender. In fact, it's pretty stupid because if spammers receive an automatic response, that simply confirms the email address they have used is active.
[ Last edit by Mark March 14, 2008, 03:58 PM ] IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #66 on: April 02, 2008, 06:54 PM »

Grrrr I've just been ranting at my mum about one of the higher bosses at work today who called me a "little girl".  Little girl??  LITTLE GIRL!!  I'm twenty-f**king-one years old!!!  Stupid ******** of a grumpy old man!!!  ranting  Luckily he didn't say it to my face or he would have received some of his own medicine.
[ Last edit by Quackers April 02, 2008, 06:55 PM ] IP Logged
kayll
Satellite Level

The Wailing Wall « Reply #67 on: April 02, 2008, 07:14 PM »

Okay moan moan ...........

Hauled my HP deskjet printer from the US over to the UK
Plugged it in the wall - eureka - it works (smart machine knows when it is plugged into 110V or 240V)
Chugging along ....... ink cartridge runs out
Get new ink cartridge - plug it in - zilch
Get ahold of HP ....... 'Yes ma'am says the cutie - machines made in the US are meant to be run in the US
Go and buy another one that looks identical to the one that will accept UK cartridges but wont run on them
So now another £60 into the HP coffers

I'm sure some geek is going to come along and give me the 'hot skinny' on this ....... N.B.  I just got it all from my other half but it does not make me feel any better !  Boo hoo!

Art the cartridges refillable?  I get ink for £6 or £7 from ebay.  Gives about 6 refills!

IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

The Wailing Wall « Reply #68 on: April 02, 2008, 07:58 PM »

The digital part of my digital TV doesn't work. Hasn't for the past three days confused Everything else does works fine.
[ Last edit by Allan April 02, 2008, 07:59 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #69 on: April 02, 2008, 11:58 PM »

When will this bloody 'Google Dance', code named 'Dewey', settle down?! It appears to be the biggest algorithm update on Google for many years. It's been stressing me out for the last few weeks at work - I can't help but feel my job integrity is on the line and it's not even in my control. doh
[ Last edit by Mark April 03, 2008, 12:03 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 08:30 PM »

Due to not being in Virgin Media's cable coverage any more, I've had the joyous experience of signing up with BT.

It's only been a few days and I'm already learning as to why they are so hated. Signed up for line rental (for broadband) and they day they complete the work, they kill my phone line... so they have to get someone to repair that. I then discover they put me on some international saver option so I ring up to get a refund and for it to be removed... they do it! But guess what... with a £170+ cancellation fee lmao
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

The Wailing Wall « Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 08:56 PM »

Don't we have a Wailing wall in Playground?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

The Wailing Wall « Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 09:37 PM »

Oops, posted in the wrong thead roflmao

EDIT: Now we are in the right thread Smile
[ Last edit by Mark September 05, 2008, 09:40 PM ] IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 09:40 PM »

I knew we already had a thread. Very Happy
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #74 on: October 22, 2008, 12:08 PM »

So as a postgrad student, the economics department put $25 in my printer account at the beginning of the year so I wouldn't have to pay for printing myself. However, since I do all of my work at home and have hardly had to print anything anyway, I have not used it all year. The other day, I wanted to photocopy something from a book I could not take home and had no credit left in my photocopier account. No problem - I'd quickly go on a computer and transfer some of that credit from printer to copier. Alas, the system tells me "only purchased quota can be transferred, not departmental quota." So I have to go and pay for it and the free $25 remains untouched. How does that make sense? ranting

I can understand not being allowed to use it to buy the faster internet account - the standard free one is ridculously slow - as it would get abused by many (although they gave me that for free aswell anyway!), but how is photocopying different to printing? In fact, why should they even be different accounts? Why can't they both take money from the same place?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »