Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  The Wailing Wall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

The Wailing Wall

(Read 3792 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #90 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58 PM »

I just failed my Geography exam.

hug Wrong questions came up? What kind of exam was it?
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #91 on: January 14, 2009, 07:09 PM »

hug Wrong questions came up? What kind of exam was it?

It was an Urban Rural exam, re-sit from last year, the wrong questions is an understatement. It was awful Frown Frown Guess I'll be re-sitting it again in June!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #92 on: January 14, 2009, 07:18 PM »

Guess I'll be re-sitting it again in June!

Join the crew, Sarah. highfive I opted against January re-sits because the exams are usually much harder than the summer ones and it's non-stop revision for an extra 2 months. I passionately hate revision, normal school is fine. Frown
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 07:19 PM »

Crying or Very sad I will join the crew. We get study leave regardless though, until the 21st of this month, so I thought I may aswell do a few re-sits. Smile
I don't know what I'm going to do A Level time do you. The stress will be unbearable.  nervous  nervous
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 07:27 PM »

Until the 21st! My school don't even offer Jan re-sits, you have to organise it externally = fuss = scrap it Wink  How many modules in total are you needing to re-take? Don't even talk to me about the summer exams, we can always take a gap year haha. Crying or Very sad hug
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009, 07:35 PM »

Until the 21st! My school don't even offer Jan re-sits, you have to organise it externally = fuss = scrap it Wink  How many modules in total are you needing to re-take? Don't even talk to me about the summer exams, we can always take a gap year haha. Crying or Very sad hug

Oh the benefits of going to a poor college Wink With low educational attainment. Very Happy I've done all my a/s retakes, all 3 of them.  nervous I have four january module exams, aswell for A2 Frown. Yes, let's escape this crap island, and forget about stupid edexcel and ucas, Edinburgh uni can suck on it.  partyman
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #96 on: January 22, 2009, 06:51 PM »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa!!  Brick wall
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #97 on: February 16, 2009, 03:35 PM »

I applied for a Nationwide Flex account on Saturday for when I go to Rome in a couple of weeks [no charges abroad] and I just found out my credit check failed. WHAT UTTER BULLSH*T!

I have never had to take out a bank loan, I have never even been overdrawn, there has always been money in my accuont and I have a salary. I've never failed to pay for anything apart from some Dutch hosting company when they caused massive downtime so I quit before the contract ended. Would something I did with a Dutch company be on my credit check?

So anyway, I just registered for a credit check report, I'm looking forward to seeing what has caused me to fail. I bet it's something really stupid like a billing error by Virgin Media or BT.
[ Last edit by Mark February 16, 2009, 03:39 PM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #98 on: February 16, 2009, 03:49 PM »

Epic fail. Very Happy

Nice, why the trip to Rome?
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #99 on: February 16, 2009, 04:01 PM »

I actually have some experience with Nationwide, (I and a lot of my friends use it), and I know they are one of the most stringent banks/building societies when it comes to credit checks.
Do you use a credit card?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #100 on: February 16, 2009, 04:12 PM »

Nice, why the trip to Rome?
Cate had a deadline to spend money that her company gave her and she was only allowed to spend it on a holiday, weird I know.

I actually have some experience with Nationwide, (I and a lot of my friends use it), and I know they are one of the most stringent banks/building societies when it comes to credit checks.
Do you use a credit card?
No, I plan to never use a credit card - I don't like the idea of paying money that isn't mine and then paying it back like a bill.

Do you and your friends have a Nationwide account for the same reason I wanted one?
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #101 on: February 16, 2009, 04:41 PM »

Yes, we do.
Anyway, I think that's your problem, that you've never used a credit card before. One of the biggest things working towards your credit rating is your credit card use. Now, although not using a credit card isn't a minus, you don't get the major plus of using a credit card regularly, and paying it off properly. It was one thing we noticed, that some of us had far better records and earnings then others but still couldn't get an account, and it looked like that was the reason.

I don't think there is any other bank which doesn't charge for using the account abroad, but there are some credit cards - like from Abbey or the Post Office credit card, which don't charge for use abroad. However, their credit checks are also very stringent. I know you don't want to use credit cards, but if you know your budget, you could just use it for this trip, and then throw it out (you can even put money into the credit card account before you spend it, so you'll never actually be in debt). Of course this is assuming you want to spend money shopping, and don't need to withdraw cash, since withdrawing cash on a credit card does get you charged.
IP Logged
Jun Mark
Satellite Level

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #102 on: February 16, 2009, 04:42 PM »

i'm kinda depressed right now... maybe just too much going on around... hope it gets better tomorrow or the coming days
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #103 on: February 16, 2009, 04:45 PM »

i'm kinda depressed right now... maybe just too much going on around... hope it gets better tomorrow or the coming days

hug
IP Logged
Jun Mark
Satellite Level

Re: The Wailing Wall « Reply #104 on: February 16, 2009, 04:53 PM »

Thanks Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »