Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you doing right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 ... 647 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you doing right now?

(Read 141866 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9120 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22 PM »

What I'm doing right now is being sent on errand by my hubbster to Home Depot to get some 'guy stuff' for him while he's working on the 'guy stuff' outside.

I have the list, he's explained in minute detail.

I know I'm still going to get the wrong stuff! Very Happy

Cheerio for now.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9121 on: September 08, 2013, 08:24 PM »

What I'm doing right now is being sent on errand by my hubbster to Home Depot to get some 'guy stuff' for him while he's working on the 'guy stuff' outside.

I have the list, he's explained in minute detail.

I know I'm still going to get the wrong stuff! Very Happy

Cheerio for now.

Cya Linda, shopping was always a woman's job, so it shouldn't be too difficult for you. You always have the shop assistants on hand though. Whether for help, or just to stare at as I know you cheeky ladies like to do Wink. Have fun.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9122 on: September 08, 2013, 10:06 PM »

Trying on my new tennis gear and shoes I ordered online! Well chuffed with it all Smile

Although my hubby said I know have " all the gear " but " no idea" Frown

What site did you use - Glasgow is hopeless for tennis stuff!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9123 on: September 08, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Thanks Gangsta I'm sure they get my medication fixed I'll be fine.

Hope u feel better soon LB, my mum has similar hassles, right now they seem to have her meds better regulated so fingers crossed.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9124 on: September 08, 2013, 10:08 PM »

waiting to see if my bid for a pair of barricades is succesful
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9125 on: September 08, 2013, 10:09 PM »

TennisDirect is a good site for tennis stuff Smile Good service too.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9126 on: September 08, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Prodirectennis I got my skirt/top and jacket and millett sports for my tennis shoes westie. Yes you have to go online I tried going into shops in city centre and they have practically zero choice of tennis gear.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9127 on: September 08, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Cheers - had some fun on those sites, mainly looking at racquets. Need an upgrade, have done for a few years, but get into tennis season and don't want to put myself off switching racquet mid season - and also usually have a summer hol to pay! thought I'd research now with a view to having a birthday and Christmas coming up - forward thinking!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9128 on: September 08, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Cheers - had some fun on those sites, mainly looking at racquets. Need an upgrade, have done for a few years, but get into tennis season and don't want to put myself off switching racquet mid season - and also usually have a summer hol to pay! thought I'd research now with a view to having a birthday and Christmas coming up - forward thinking!

I switched racquets mid way through a season, its honestly not a problem if you hit a few balls with it prior to your matches. I recommend a Yonex, Wilson or Head racquet, they are the best for power and control.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9129 on: September 08, 2013, 11:13 PM »

We have Scottish weather - sometimes there is no tennis between matches lol. i like my Wilson racquet , got it in the states in 1998, it was a mega up to date racquet in it's time (my pal was horrified at me paying about £80 for a racquet - with no strings!!! as she told everyone, despite me pointing out that air travel in pleb class doesn't do strings much good and I preferred to get it strung at home), but now it's heavier than racquets most folk use, though would still make a good spare. Quite fancying a Head Youtek graphene at the moment.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9130 on: September 08, 2013, 11:16 PM »

We have Scottish weather - sometimes there is no tennis between matches lol. i like my Wilson racquet , got it in the states in 1998, it was a mega up to date racquet in it's time (my pal was horrified at me paying about £80 for a racquet - with no strings!!! as she told everyone, despite me pointing out that air travel in pleb class doesn't do strings much good and I preferred to get it strung at home), but now it's heavier than racquets most folk use, though would still make a good spare. Quite fancying a Head Youtek graphene at the moment.

If you have a heavier frame you must be pretty good at volleying then? I used to have Andy's Youtek racquet before I went to Wilson, it was a great racquet for control, power was lacking though. It's quite light too because it's a thinner frame to some other makes.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9131 on: September 08, 2013, 11:33 PM »

Hah! I am pants at volleying - too wee!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9132 on: September 08, 2013, 11:34 PM »

Hah! I am pants at volleying - too wee!

Strange, normally those with heavier frames are better at volleying because the strings are less tight due to the big frame.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9133 on: September 08, 2013, 11:37 PM »

Think it helps if you do the right things with the racquet  Whistle
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #9134 on: September 08, 2013, 11:38 PM »

Think it helps if you do the right things with the racquet  Whistle

Yes of course! lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 ... 647 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »