Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you doing right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 ... 647 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you doing right now?

(Read 140119 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8805 on: December 10, 2012, 12:02 AM »

Hey Linda, if you don't mind me asking, what book is that??? :P

Judging by the picture posted by Linda, a well thumbed one. yes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8806 on: December 18, 2012, 10:39 PM »

The book is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. One of my faves which, as you can see by its dog-eared condition, I have read several times.
If Jamie were a real live person, I might give serious consideration to leaving my husband for him. yes
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8807 on: December 18, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Was there last week. Very atmospheric.

Only just saw your reply now Nigel. Yep they're great, although I'm not a fan of how busy and cramped they get.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8808 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53 PM »

The book is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. One of my faves which, as you can see by its dog-eared condition, I have read several times.
If Jamie were a real live person, I might give serious consideration to leaving my husband for him. yes

Wouldn't we all! lol It's one I've read several times too and I've also met Diana Gabaldon - she did a book tour of NZ and was at one of the local schools.  I have an autographed copy of An Echo in the Bone Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8809 on: December 19, 2012, 12:03 AM »

Wouldn't we all! lol
Back off beaatch! whip   Jamie's all mine.
Fantastic you got to meet Diana G. I saw her being interviewed once, and she appeared the epitome of someone who comes across better in print rather than in person. Spill Bev..
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8810 on: December 19, 2012, 12:19 AM »

She was very nervous at the start of the talk but relaxed once she got going.  She spoke of how it all came together.  Her hubby is quite a tall person apparently - she's quite petite. 

Has your hubby read the series?

Mine has lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8811 on: December 19, 2012, 12:20 AM »

Finishing off an assignment
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8812 on: December 19, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Found this picture on her website with Fraser Hines (of Emmerdale fame) and I don't think he's a very tall person.

* bbc-diana-frazer-hines-21-935x1024[1].JPG (750.86 KB, 935x1024 - viewed 66 times.)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8813 on: December 19, 2012, 12:25 AM »

Finishing off an assignment

Finishing off my lunch Very Happy

Schools and unis have all finised until next February here.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8814 on: December 19, 2012, 12:27 AM »

Finishing off my lunch Very Happy

Schools and unis have all finised until next February here.

Lucky lot! Finished Uni on Friday, go back on the 7th of Jan. Too short of a break!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8815 on: December 19, 2012, 12:35 AM »

She was very nervous at the start of the talk but relaxed once she got going.  She spoke of how it all came together.  Her hubby is quite a tall person apparently - she's quite petite. 

Interesting how Jamie was also twice the size of Claire, eh?

Has your hubby read the series?
Erm.. no..roflmao... but he did briefly 'dress' as his version of Jamie on our cruise. If I get his permission, I will post them in our Underground thread.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8816 on: December 20, 2012, 12:27 AM »

What's so funny?  I think it enlightened my hubby a bit plus there's a bit of fighting in it too! lol

My hubby says that if we win the lottery, he's coming to work in a kilt to take me away from it all! Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8817 on: December 20, 2012, 03:24 AM »

Sorry Bev, I was laughing because my hubbster hasn't read many fictitious books since he left school. He enjoys movies and music, but most of his literary education has been through moi. (Poor guy.)
He, on the other hand, educates me on factual stuff.
We balance each other out.
He knows a lot about this book and its history solely through me banging on about it.
There were a few of us girls on the cruise who all love Jamie, and because my hubby is Scottish he dressed up in a kilt beach towel and tammie hat on the first day we all met in the bar. He won't let me post the pic, but I think you get the picture. Smile

That sounds incredible, your hubby coming to sweep you off your feet wearing a kilt. Just like An Officer And A Gentleman.  Heart Good luck in the lottery!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8818 on: January 13, 2013, 01:30 AM »

Just upgraded to HD ticket so I get 2 extra channels for the AO tennis coverage cmon yeah
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What are you doing right now? « Reply #8819 on: January 13, 2013, 03:03 PM »

Just home from shopping and it is snowing. Sunday is my lazy day just keep tidying up to a minimum and catching up on my emails.Also love a lye in and read the Sunday papers so a nice quiet day.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 ... 647 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »