Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 84 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: What are you reading right now?  (Read 32472 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1005 on: August 02, 2011, 08:39 AM »

I take it you you're saying she's English then?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

re: what are you reading right now? « Reply #1006 on: August 03, 2011, 08:07 AM »

yes? not sure why it's an issue...!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1007 on: August 03, 2011, 08:10 AM »

It's not. Just couldn't understand why you found me thinking she may be Irish so funny!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1008 on: August 04, 2011, 05:34 PM »

Pt i read this book and could not put it down,i live in the south so found it fasinatling. they have just made it into a movie ,with Ronnie Howards daughter.I encouraged my sister in the Uk to get it for her little book club ,the ladies loved it.

Its wonderfully written, i too cannot put it down. Hope the movie does the book justice.
IP Logged
RositaK
Junior

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1009 on: August 08, 2011, 09:54 PM »

Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Watched the movie last week so wanted to compare and contrast. Very different.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1010 on: August 08, 2011, 10:38 PM »

Its wonderfully written, i too cannot put it down. Hope the movie does the book justice.
It starts this week in florida and is being released in the Uk in october
IP Logged
RositaK
Junior

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1011 on: August 28, 2011, 01:17 AM »

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Poignant and hard to put down.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1012 on: August 28, 2011, 02:02 AM »

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Poignant and hard to put down.

I think they are making a movie of this book Like you i found it compelling and read it all over a weekend.
IP Logged
RositaK
Junior

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1013 on: August 28, 2011, 02:11 AM »

They have made a movie - it came out in July in the states but it's off the screens already so i'll have to wait for the dvd. Yeah, it took me less than two days to read it. Glad you liked it!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1014 on: August 29, 2011, 06:59 PM »

Terry Pratchett- The Wee Free men!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1015 on: August 29, 2011, 08:06 PM »

They have made a movie - it came out in July in the states but it's off the screens already so i'll have to wait for the dvd. Yeah, it took me less than two days to read it. Glad you liked it!
Rosit ,i live in the states in Florida and have only just seen this advertized ,will have to do some searching and see is it is infact around.Maybe it will be on Dvd soon then.It will be out on DVd in november guess i will wait until i can rent it then.
[ Last edit by iamabritt August 29, 2011, 08:13 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1016 on: September 22, 2011, 07:32 PM »

'IT'........by 'The Master'........Stephen King!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1017 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10 PM »

Great little book By Harry Bernstein called     The invisable wall.

WW1.small english mill town. jews one side of the street gentiles the other. fabulous read.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1018 on: September 22, 2011, 09:15 PM »

Rafa nadals book whilst isnt a brilliant read, explains how the
mental attitude of a player can seperate the Great from the not so great.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1019 on: September 23, 2011, 07:19 AM »

Am reading Tignor's book "High Strung" ostensibly about the Borg Mcenroe rivalry but lots, lots more about the history of the game, other players, how it turned pro, how AWFUL Connors was, and boy was he! He once spat at Mcenroe's box! Even a wee bit about Lloyd, not flattering.
It jumps around a bit but it's very well written, very knowledgeable  and I recommend Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »