Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 84 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 33583 times)
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #990 on: February 23, 2011, 05:21 PM »

Time doesn't heal a thing, it's what you DO with that time that defines whether you heal or not.

I love that quote and think it's so true. Smile
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #991 on: February 28, 2011, 10:07 PM »

And now he's excelled himself. I'm up to 1996 and he's talking about bloody DVDs!

I thought it was me, so I did a bit of research, unlike Mr Nicholls, and DVDs first appeared in Europe in 1998.

Very, very poor.

And now, tennis fans, Dexter is catching up with the latest news from Wimbledon.

On the 15th of bloody July.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #992 on: March 02, 2011, 08:45 AM »

And now, tennis fans, Dexter is catching up with the latest news from Wimbledon.

On the 15th of bloody July.
Haha! Why don't you just chuck it out the window and read Harry Potter!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #993 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15 AM »

Haha! Why don't you just chuck it out the window and read Harry Potter!

Shockingly bad research. Shocking ending. Generally a plus.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #994 on: March 02, 2011, 02:40 PM »

How can you possibly enjoy reading something that obviousy irritates the hell out of you..........or maybe it makes you feel superior........mmmm?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #995 on: March 02, 2011, 04:12 PM »

I really wish there was something in this world that made me feel superior. No, I thought it was well written and a good concept. The research was pretty sloppy, though.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #996 on: March 02, 2011, 04:34 PM »

No excuse for 'sloppy' research!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #997 on: April 14, 2011, 07:47 AM »

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
By: Malcolm Gladwell

For Blink, Malcolm Gladwell, author of the bestselling The Tipping Point explores the extraordinarily perceptive and deceptive power of the sub-conscious mind. Gladwell’s major claim is that decisions made very quickly can be every bit as good as a decision made cautiously and deliberately. What we are actually doing is what Gladwell calls ‘thin-slicing’. When we leap to a decision or have a hunch our unconscious is sifting through the situation in front of us looking for a pattern, throwing out the irrelevant information and zeroing in on what really matters. Our unconscious mind is so good at this that it often delivers a better answer than more deliberate and protracted ways of thinking. Much of this is utterly mysterious but some of the most astonishing and useful examples of thin-slicing can be learned.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #998 on: July 31, 2011, 10:11 PM »

caitlin moran - how to be a woman. it's brilliant, wetting myself. get on it, girls!
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #999 on: August 01, 2011, 01:05 PM »

Oooooooooooh whats it about?  I'm starting on Game of Thrones and its sequels.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1000 on: August 01, 2011, 09:49 PM »

It's an autobiog / hilarious book on feminism. actually laugh out loud brilliant.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1001 on: August 01, 2011, 11:27 PM »

"The Help" - Kathryn Stockett: Enter a vanished world; Jackson, Mississippi, 1962. Where black maids raise white children, but aren't trusted not to steal the silver.......
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1002 on: August 02, 2011, 12:04 AM »

"The Help" - Kathryn Stockett: Enter a vanished world; Jackson, Mississippi, 1962. Where black maids raise white children, but aren't trusted not to steal the silver.......
Pt i read this book and could not put it down,i live in the south so found it fasinatling. they have just made it into a movie ,with Ronnie Howards daughter.I encouraged my sister in the Uk to get it for her little book club ,the ladies loved it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1003 on: August 02, 2011, 06:43 AM »

caitlin moran - how to be a woman. it's brilliant, wetting myself. get on it, girls!
She sounds Irish......I love the Irish writers!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1004 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09 AM »

She's from wolverhampton roflmao Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »