Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 86 Reply

What are you reading right now?

Time doesn't heal a thing, it's what you DO with that time that defines whether you heal or not.

I love that quote and think it's so true. Smile
IP Logged

And now he's excelled himself. I'm up to 1996 and he's talking about bloody DVDs!

I thought it was me, so I did a bit of research, unlike Mr Nicholls, and DVDs first appeared in Europe in 1998.

Very, very poor.

And now, tennis fans, Dexter is catching up with the latest news from Wimbledon.

On the 15th of bloody July.
IP Logged
Caz

And now, tennis fans, Dexter is catching up with the latest news from Wimbledon.

On the 15th of bloody July.
Haha! Why don't you just chuck it out the window and read Harry Potter!
IP Logged

Haha! Why don't you just chuck it out the window and read Harry Potter!

Shockingly bad research. Shocking ending. Generally a plus.
IP Logged
Caz

How can you possibly enjoy reading something that obviousy irritates the hell out of you..........or maybe it makes you feel superior........mmmm?
IP Logged

I really wish there was something in this world that made me feel superior. No, I thought it was well written and a good concept. The research was pretty sloppy, though.
IP Logged
Caz

No excuse for 'sloppy' research!
IP Logged

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
By: Malcolm Gladwell

For Blink, Malcolm Gladwell, author of the bestselling The Tipping Point explores the extraordinarily perceptive and deceptive power of the sub-conscious mind. Gladwell’s major claim is that decisions made very quickly can be every bit as good as a decision made cautiously and deliberately. What we are actually doing is what Gladwell calls ‘thin-slicing’. When we leap to a decision or have a hunch our unconscious is sifting through the situation in front of us looking for a pattern, throwing out the irrelevant information and zeroing in on what really matters. Our unconscious mind is so good at this that it often delivers a better answer than more deliberate and protracted ways of thinking. Much of this is utterly mysterious but some of the most astonishing and useful examples of thin-slicing can be learned.
IP Logged

caitlin moran - how to be a woman. it's brilliant, wetting myself. get on it, girls!
IP Logged

Oooooooooooh whats it about?  I'm starting on Game of Thrones and its sequels.
IP Logged

It's an autobiog / hilarious book on feminism. actually laugh out loud brilliant.
IP Logged

"The Help" - Kathryn Stockett: Enter a vanished world; Jackson, Mississippi, 1962. Where black maids raise white children, but aren't trusted not to steal the silver.......
IP Logged

"The Help" - Kathryn Stockett: Enter a vanished world; Jackson, Mississippi, 1962. Where black maids raise white children, but aren't trusted not to steal the silver.......
Pt i read this book and could not put it down,i live in the south so found it fasinatling. they have just made it into a movie ,with Ronnie Howards daughter.I encouraged my sister in the Uk to get it for her little book club ,the ladies loved it.
IP Logged
Caz

caitlin moran - how to be a woman. it's brilliant, wetting myself. get on it, girls!
She sounds Irish......I love the Irish writers!
IP Logged

She's from wolverhampton roflmao Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 86 Reply