Andy Murray vs Teymuraz Gabashvili, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match

MurraysWorld  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 87 Reply

What are you reading right now?

The memoirs of Mary Queen of Scots            ( Carolly Erickson.
IP Logged

The Blind Watchmaker - Richard Dawkins
IP Logged

Just ordered a couple of Colin Thubrons for when I'm back in the UK - 'Among the Russians' and 'In Siberia'...
IP Logged

eira_arian, I went to a talk he gave about Siberia and he was wonderful. He's being going for ever and had so much insight.
IP Logged

Oh I'm so jealous! He's one of my favourite writers - I love his books on Central Asia.
IP Logged

Really boring book for my book club. The Tiger. Two weeks and I'm still only halfway through. Snore.
IP Logged

Lord Byron: The Major Works -- George Gordon Byron.  Nice to listen to while doing other things. Don't ask for a book report.
IP Logged

The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution - Richard Dawkins

Doubt it will beat The Blind Watchmaker... hope I haven't been too spoilt.
IP Logged

Disappointed with the above - rather a dull book compared to his other work but hoping for better things from:

The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life - Richard Dawkins
IP Logged

Doubt it will beat The Blind Watchmaker... hope I haven't been too spoilt.
Can't see that happening.
IP Logged

The Blind Watchmaker is amazing, my favourite book.

Looking forward to moving on to Sam Harris soon although not particularly excited at the prospect of being convinced I have no free will.
IP Logged

Disappointed with the above - rather a dull book compared to his other work but hoping for better things from:

The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life - Richard Dawkins

That's a huge book. I have it, but haven't read it all (or even most of it). Be prepared to invest some time if you read it.
IP Logged

The Blind Watchmaker is amazing, my favourite book.

Looking forward to moving on to Sam Harris soon although not particularly excited at the prospect of being convinced I have no free will.

You should also try Sam Harris' The Moral Landscape. I don't agree with Sam's main point in the book, but it's a very engaging read. He has done something that no moral philosopher has done by coming close to establishing a basis for objective morality. I had to try very hard in order to refute a lot of his points and it proved to be a mental workout.
IP Logged

I feel very low brow to say that I'm re-reading Jane Eyre just now Smile Not as challenging as Dawkins or Sam Harris but it's easy on the brain which is what I want.
IP Logged

You should also try Sam Harris' The Moral Landscape. I don't agree with Sam's main point in the book, but it's a very engaging read. He has done something that no moral philosopher has done by coming close to establishing a basis for objective morality. I had to try very hard in order to refute a lot of his points and it proved to be a mental workout.
Interesting, it's on my list Smile

BTW, what's your favourite Dawkins book?
[ Last edit by Mark May 11, 2012, 11:34 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 87 Reply