Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 35694 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1095 on: December 30, 2012, 05:18 PM »

My daughter bought me for Christmas  Andys book" Champions." Good easy read.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1096 on: December 30, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Nesbo's "The Leopard."
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1097 on: December 31, 2012, 02:00 PM »

I'm currently reading The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, being a fan of hers it is important I support ever book in some form or another despite all the negativity surrounding this novel. To be fair to her, she's done a brilliant job trying to stick the problems on current society in my head.

How is it Connor?? Do you mind elaborating? I don't expect it to be better than Harry Potter though...
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1098 on: December 31, 2012, 02:07 PM »

How is it Connor?? Do you mind elaborating? I don't expect it to be better than Harry Potter though...

It's very good indeed. It includes a lot of common misconceptions in society such as drugs, death and sex. I do agree that it is not better than Harry Potter yes, but she hasn't failed to deliver another top notch novel.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1099 on: December 31, 2012, 02:08 PM »

^ Thanks dude. I guess I should issue the book next time I visit the library....
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1100 on: December 31, 2012, 02:54 PM »

'There but for the' - Very thought provoking.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1101 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51 AM »

I'm currently reading The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, being a fan of hers it is important I support ever book in some form or another despite all the negativity surrounding this novel. To be fair to her, she's done a brilliant job trying to stick the problems on current society in my head.
Wow.....another Harry Potter fan!  partyman
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1102 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52 AM »

Wow.....another Harry Potter fan!  partyman

I'm another too!!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1103 on: January 01, 2013, 08:11 AM »

yay    Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1104 on: January 01, 2013, 08:13 AM »

Have you guys tried Ursula Le Guin? Quite a few of JK's ideas were nicked from her Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1105 on: January 01, 2013, 08:54 AM »

Yeah? I wonder why she hasn't sued JK for plagiarism then!  Think  Thanks BBH......I'll check her out! Don't think she can be as good though, or she'd be famous. I've never heard of her, but then I've led a very sheltered life!  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1106 on: January 01, 2013, 12:11 PM »

Caz:  Amongst  much sci fi/fantasy she has written a wizardry trilogy.  "The Wizard of Earthsea" is the best. Literally and metaphorically, magical.
About a boy who goes to magic school  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1107 on: January 02, 2013, 12:41 PM »

Caz:  Amongst  much sci fi/fantasy she has written a wizardry trilogy.  "The Wizard of Earthsea" is the best. Literally and metaphorically, magical.
About a boy who goes to magic school  Whistle
That explains why I've never heard of her then. I don't tend to read scifi! I bet my brother in law knows her though......He's a big scifi fan!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1108 on: January 05, 2013, 11:04 PM »

The Betrayal of Trust  by   Susan Hill.    Murder mystery but she brings in moral dilemmas such as should you accompany your mother to a death clinic in Switzerland.   Very good.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1109 on: January 07, 2013, 07:23 AM »

I love Susan Hill's detective series, Iluvandy and have read that one. You need to read them chronologically, which I didn't initially realise doh
They are a cut above.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »