Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 85 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 35801 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1110 on: January 07, 2013, 12:49 PM »

I've read them all BBH and they are also very popular with a lot of my book club friends.    She weaves her different characters and threads so well.    Makes me think too.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1111 on: January 10, 2013, 03:12 PM »

Mark Hodgkinson's biography of Andy.

Just finished this. On page 241, finally - some new information. Murray worked with a sports psychologist all last year on the recommendation of Lendl.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1112 on: January 10, 2013, 03:25 PM »

I'm reading the Hodgkinson's book too Smile an easy guess as a Christmas present Smile Also Moon over Soho by Ben Aaronocitch, devoured his Rivers of London.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1113 on: January 10, 2013, 04:10 PM »

Just finished this. On page 241, finally - some new information. Murray worked with a sports psychologist all last year on the recommendation of Lendl.

That was revealed last year. In fact we had a discussion on MW about how much she might/mightnot have revealed about A.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1114 on: January 10, 2013, 08:31 PM »

I ended up buying Kobo Arc 7’ tablet which is pretty amazing so far as Amazon has yet to release Kindle Fire in Canada Rolling Eyes. Anyway, there are a couple of drawbacks such as there is no support for MicroSD or SD cards, but it’s not essential for me. I bought the 32GB so it should be fine for me. I am not a heavy reader as I pretty much avoid reading fictions. And when it comes to non-fiction, I am pretty selective about that too. Just not too keen on taking too much junk in. All in all, for a first time tablet user like me, I really love this Kobo Arc.  I was very tempted to go with the Apple mini while I was at the store I must admit, but I am still against anything Apple including the fruit itself. I do love Steve Jobs though.

More on that subject, I have yet to purchase any book as I am still obsessing over all the other features it has to offer. Besides, I am reading a couple of books anyway, so I want to finish those two first before I move on to my eReading phase!

Oh and I am also making regular visits to Best Buy. I just got to play around a lot with the new Microsoft Surface. It’s a cool tablet which can do pretty much heavy duty so I wouldn’t exactly call it a tablet since you can do so much more, but it’s very light and thin like tablets. It’s more like a combination between the two – laptop and tablets. Pretty sleek stuff.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1115 on: March 15, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
Better than Twilight.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1116 on: March 15, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Just finished The Outcast by Sadie Jones.    Really enjoyed it.    About to start Various Pets Alive and Dead by Marina Lewycka.   She is a very entertaining writer.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1117 on: March 15, 2013, 07:56 PM »

The visitor...Lee Child.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1118 on: March 20, 2013, 02:42 AM »

Sunset Song.. Lewis Grassic Gibbon.

My favourite book of all time.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1119 on: March 20, 2013, 11:53 AM »

I've never read that Scot but maybe I should.     I have a feeling there was talk at my book club of someone making a TV film of it.    I'd forgotten about it until I  saw your post.   Must check on that at our next meeting AND visit the library.   I do need memory jogs nowadays.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1120 on: March 20, 2013, 04:11 PM »

Phantom-Nesbo
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1121 on: March 20, 2013, 04:21 PM »

I've never read that Scot but maybe I should.     I have a feeling there was talk at my book club of someone making a TV film of it.    I'd forgotten about it until I  saw your post.   Must check on that at our next meeting AND visit the library.   I do need memory jogs nowadays.

I have the complete trilogy (Cloud Howe and Grey Granite) and I've read them several times over the years.
I've been to the Lewis Grassic Gibbon Centre in Arbuthnott and had some lovely freshly baked scones and a cup of tea, then went to the churchyard where his ashes were scattered.

I had to study this book for exams, and went into it kicking and screaming because it took time to get used to the language, but the characters are so well-crafted that after a while it didn't matter.
Chris, Ewan, Long Rob of the Mill, Chae Strachan.

It was quite a shocking book in its day.

This book really speaks to me from the heart, and I cherish it.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1122 on: March 20, 2013, 04:21 PM »

The visitor...Lee Child.
Love his books, although still have difficulty visualising Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher...

'T' is for Trespass - Sue Grafton. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1123 on: March 20, 2013, 06:46 PM »

I like Sue Grafton's books too Elly. There was a big interview with her in the Guardian on Saturday. Apparently Kinsey is her "alter ego."
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1124 on: March 20, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Anyone read The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz? Wanting to read it as I hear its ust as good as Conan Doyle's Holmes stories!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »