Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 84 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 33662 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1140 on: March 27, 2013, 11:29 AM »

My daughter gave me 'Jump' by Jilly Cooper, as a gift last week! I used to like her books, but haven't read any for umpteen years! I've only just started it, but can hardly put it down. It's absolutely hilarious......I'd forgotten how good she was! Definately one for the ladies!

Cooper opened my school library about 5 years ago, I was in Year 7 and got to watch the opening. Such a nice lady, though her novels are not for me.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1141 on: March 27, 2013, 01:16 PM »

Cooper opened my school library about 5 years ago, I was in Year 7 and got to watch the opening. Such a nice lady, though her novels are not for me.
Have you ever read any? If not, I think you may be surprised! It was the number one best seller in 2011, so maybe not 'just' for the ladies! Just so you know my taste in novels......I liked James Herbert a lot....probably read most of his books, so was sorry to hear that he'd died! However, the 'master' for me, has always been Stephen King! Have you ever read 'The Stand', featuring 'The Walking Dude'? or....The Shawshank Redemption? I own most of his books and enjoy reading them over again every few years!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1142 on: March 27, 2013, 01:25 PM »

Have you ever read any? If not, I think you may be surprised! It was the number one best seller in 2011, so maybe not 'just' for the ladies! Just so you know my taste in novels......I liked James Herbert a lot....probably read most of his books, so was sorry to hear that he'd died! However, the 'master' for me, has always been Stephen King! Have you ever read 'The Stand', featuring 'The Walking Dude'? or....The Shawshank Redemption? I own most of his books and enjoy reading them over again every few years!

I read the DT series by Stephen. He is one hell of a writer.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1143 on: March 27, 2013, 01:28 PM »

Awww.......They're the only ones I haven't read. Tried one once, but couldn't get into it somehow!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1144 on: March 27, 2013, 01:29 PM »

I'm reading The Fear Index by Robert Harris at the moment but did read  Jilly Cooper's Jump last year. Having read all her books to my surprise I found this to be her best
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1145 on: March 27, 2013, 01:30 PM »

I'm a fan of Anthony Horowitz's perception on S Holmes. The novel is one hell of a story. Gripping to the core.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1146 on: March 27, 2013, 01:32 PM »

Robert Harris who wrote Silence Of The Lambs? I loved that, but I find some of his others a bit too gory for me! What's The Fear index like?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1147 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59 AM »

I haven't actually read any Jilly Cooper books yet,but we do have one lying around somewhere-Riders,I think it's called?-that I've been meaning to read.Must get on that soon!

At the moment though,I'm reading (or rather,re-reading) Plain Truth By Jodi Picoult.I just love her books,I think she's a fantastic writer.Granted,they can be quite depressing at times,so I wouldn't usually read one of hers if I wanted my book to put me in a good mood,but she just writes so well.She takes these topics that you'd assume you could only have one opinion on,that might seem so black and white,and instead shows you the million shades of grey there instead.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1148 on: March 28, 2013, 12:13 PM »

I haven't actually read any Jilly Cooper books yet,but we do have one lying around somewhere-Riders,I think it's called?-that I've been meaning to read.Must get on that soon!

At the moment though,I'm reading (or rather,re-reading) Plain Truth By Jodi Picoult.I just love her books,I think she's a fantastic writer.Granted,they can be quite depressing at times,so I wouldn't usually read one of hers if I wanted my book to put me in a good mood,but she just writes so well.She takes these topics that you'd assume you could only have one opinion on,that might seem so black and white,and instead shows you the million shades of grey there instead.

I have never read a Picoult novel being a boy, but I know a lot about her.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1149 on: March 28, 2013, 01:02 PM »

I have never read a Picoult novel being a boy, but I know a lot about her.

Y'know,as a girl I suppose I only have my perspective to work on,but I wouldn't say her books are particularly girly or anything.In fact,she often writes from several points of view,the male characters as well as the women.And they are fantastically written.I'm not saying you have to give them a go or anything,but if there was one of her books that did sound interesting to you,I'd say don't let it stop you!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1150 on: March 29, 2013, 01:30 PM »

As I am off on holiday tomorrow I have compiled a few books together on my iPad to read on the plane. I have:

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman
A series I never knew about, but did read the first book as a child. The Five Children and It Series by E. Nesbit

And still looking for more.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1151 on: March 29, 2013, 02:06 PM »

You must be a VERY fast reader Gangsta!!!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1152 on: March 29, 2013, 04:43 PM »

Maybe he's goin' tae ra moon!  Whistle
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1153 on: March 29, 2013, 04:44 PM »

Poor moon!

Kidding Gansta.  Very Happy  Have a good holiday!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1154 on: March 29, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Maybe he's goin' tae ra moon!  Whistle

We should be so lucky.    Kidding Gangsta.    Have a good holiday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »