Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 84 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 34729 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1155 on: March 29, 2013, 05:28 PM »

You beggars would be pleased to discover I will still be posting when on holiday. Mwahahahaha.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1156 on: March 29, 2013, 05:36 PM »

You beggars would be pleased to discover I will still be posting when on holiday. Mwahahahaha.
doh  Remember - you've got lots of reading to do!  Very Happy
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1157 on: March 29, 2013, 05:50 PM »

If you get a chance, i would recommend BASE jumping minus a parachute....enjoy hols. yes
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1158 on: March 29, 2013, 10:43 PM »

If you get a chance, i would recommend BASE jumping minus a parachute....enjoy hols. yes

My death would be a damn tragedy for you. No competition means no ego boosting.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1159 on: March 29, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Re-reading Open by Agassi. Convinced it's the greatest story ever told.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1160 on: March 29, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Have you ever read any? If not, I think you may be surprised! It was the number one best seller in 2011, so maybe not 'just' for the ladies! Just so you know my taste in novels......I liked James Herbert a lot....probably read most of his books, so was sorry to hear that he'd died! However, the 'master' for me, has always been Stephen King! Have you ever read 'The Stand', featuring 'The Walking Dude'? or....The Shawshank Redemption? I own most of his books and enjoy reading them over again every few years!

Have you read The Long Walk? What a cracking concept for a novel. It was part of a trilogy with The Running Man (which became a film) and another I forget.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1161 on: March 29, 2013, 10:50 PM »

competition
shocking...Purleeease.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1162 on: March 29, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Have you read The Long Walk? What a cracking concept for a novel. It was part of a trilogy with The Running Man (which became a film) and another I forget.

I found the Bachman novels a little underwhelming. Almost as if he was holding his genius from himself. Rage was one psychopathic novel though.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1163 on: March 29, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Gangsta have you ever read any Christopher Brookmyre?    He's the only author I know who can make violence funny.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1164 on: March 29, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Written by Stephen King Nigel! The other one might have been 'The Body'! The film is called 'Stand By Me'!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1165 on: March 29, 2013, 10:59 PM »

Gangsta have you ever read any Christopher Brookmyre?    He's the only author I know who can make violence funny.

No I haven't, but I've heard a lot about him. He writes crime novels doesn't he?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1166 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Written by Stephen King Nigel! The other one might have been 'The Body'! The film is called 'Stand By Me'!

People have been trying to prove me wrong, but I still feel Stephen's best novel is The Shining. Glad the sequel is out this year.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1167 on: March 29, 2013, 11:03 PM »

^ I find Stephen King's books/stories disturbing.  I suppose I'm a bit of a wimp - don't like to be scared as I tend to dwell on stuff.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1168 on: March 29, 2013, 11:05 PM »

^ I find Stephen King's books/stories disturbing.  I suppose I'm a bit of a wimp - don't like to be scared as I tend to dwell on stuff.

They are disturbing yes. But they are the only horror novels I have read that give me shivers.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1169 on: March 29, 2013, 11:07 PM »

The Long Walk was about 100 kids invited to keep walking. If their speed dropped below 4mph three times, they were shot dead. The winner got 'everything they wanted for the rest of their lives'. The Running Man was a game show in which a guy is given 24 hours' start and then hunted down by gunmen. Brilliant concepts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »