Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 84 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 34165 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08 PM »

People have been trying to prove me wrong, but I still feel Stephen's best novel is The Shining. Glad the sequel is out this year.
I suppose everyone has their favourites, but there are just so many good ones to choose from. Has he written a sequel, or are they just doing another film?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1171 on: March 29, 2013, 11:09 PM »

I suppose everyone has their favourites, but there are just so many good ones to choose from. Has he written a sequel, or are they just doing another film?

Written a sequel, its called Doctor Sleep and is out in September.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1172 on: March 29, 2013, 11:12 PM »

I've read tons of Stephen King. He's written some excellent stuff.

Running Man was brill too.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1173 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13 PM »

Written a sequel, its called Doctor Sleep and is out in September.
Thanks!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1174 on: March 30, 2013, 07:11 AM »

'IT' was the first one I ever read and was immediately hooked! The scariest films for me where 'Salem's Lot' followed by 'The Shining'! In fact, I think Salem's Lot was the scariest thing I've 'ever' seen! It's certainly one of the very few films that I couldn't watch alone! They made it into a tv series. Anyone ever heard someone say that they don't like Stephen King because they don't like horror and so you mention 'The Shawshank Redemption' and they refuse to believe he wrote that? Anyway.....talking about this has given me the urge to read all his books again, so I'm off to read 'It' followed by 'The Stand'! Have a great holiday Gangsta and send us back a moonbeam!  w00t
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1175 on: April 04, 2013, 03:06 PM »

Nimo's War, Emma's War by Cynthia Enloe

Only into the fourth chapter, but already this book is riveting. It's very sobering to hear the stories of Iraqi women and how their lives have been completely ruined by the invasion.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1176 on: April 04, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Anyone seen the film ´Stand by Me´. Only just discovered our beloved Stephen King wrote the screenplay.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1177 on: April 04, 2013, 08:40 PM »

No...Who,s Stephen King?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1178 on: April 04, 2013, 08:41 PM »

No...Who,s Stephen King?

I always thought you were a caveman.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1179 on: April 04, 2013, 08:42 PM »

I always thought you were a caveman.
yes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1180 on: April 05, 2013, 01:05 AM »

I always find it interesting that a lot of people don't realise what Stephen King has written.

'Stand By Me' was from a novella originally called 'The Body.' It's probably my favourite adaptation to the screen, followed by 'The Shawshank Redemption', 'Carrie', and 'The Green Mile.'

This man can write, but I'm not sold on his recent stuff.

He's admitted that he can't remember writing 'Cujo' because he was so out of it.

Same as Hemingway.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1181 on: April 05, 2013, 07:07 AM »

Sad about Ian Banks, a weird and wonderful writer.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1182 on: April 05, 2013, 08:34 AM »

I'm interested in complementary and holistic therapies and am currently reading "The Great Cholesterol Con" by Dr Malcolm Kendrick.  I don't take Statins but it would be an interesting read for anybody that does.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1183 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51 PM »

'Sons of the Hector' by Leonard M Reid - about the first Scottish settlers who came to Nova Scotia in 1773 in the aftermath of Culloden and amidst the first stage of the Highland Clearances.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1184 on: April 05, 2013, 07:55 PM »

Calum's Road..Roger Hutchison.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »