Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 34959 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1185 on: April 05, 2013, 08:10 PM »

Carrie is being remade and is released worldwide in December. The special effects used in the 1980´s film were phenominal, therefore I am expecting more greatness from the CGI department in this adaptation. I have to say after watching most of King´s screen adaptations, by far the scariest for me is ´Children of the Corn´which at the same time, is a bloody terrific picture.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1186 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27 PM »

Calum's Road..Roger Hutchison.
Seems like the poor mannie wasted his time. Frown
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1187 on: April 05, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Seems like the poor mannie wasted his time. Frown
Ah! but his spirit through the written  word lives. yes
[ Last edit by robbie April 05, 2013, 08:34 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1188 on: April 05, 2013, 08:31 PM »

Carrie is being remade and is released worldwide in December. The special effects used in the 1980´s film were phenominal, therefore I am expecting more greatness from the CGI department in this adaptation. I have to say after watching most of King´s screen adaptations, by far the scariest for me is ´Children of the Corn´which at the same time, is a bloody terrific picture.
Saw the trailer for 'Carrie' - meh.
I'm surprised you like the spec. effects in the original because my older-than-you son thinks the all old movie effects are lame.

'Children of the Corn' book
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1189 on: April 07, 2013, 10:24 AM »

I have just started reading the Rafa book.  In only the first two chapters I am amazed at the way this little boy was treated just because he seemed to have talent.  I feel the whole family seem to be scared of Uncle Toni or maybe it is just the money and prestige he brings to them.  No wonder Rafa seems to have such a big case of OCD.  It also made me think of Ferrer(being locked in cupboards etc).  How dare people complain about Judy.  I am so glad that Andy is normal even if he never does as well as Rafa, at least, he seems to have a normal life.  In the phiotos of Rafa when he was away for the 6 months he looked so genuinely happy as the pressure was off.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1190 on: April 09, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Thank the Lord for Jack Reacher - or I may have gone off my nut!  Frown
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1191 on: April 09, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Thank the Lord for Jack Reacher - or I may have gone off my nut!  Frown

Too late Elly  Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1192 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Too late Elly  Very Happy
Oh dear - I did fear the worst!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1193 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Things I have learned to do right handed (I'm a leftie)

Washing your hair - mopping - making coffee - writing (amazing really) Plucking eyebrows (dangerous as the tweezers are v likely to slip in your eye and blind you)  Brushing hair out of face with hand, which just makes you look like an old EMO.  Frown
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1194 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Things I have learned to do right handed (I'm a leftie)

Washing your hair - mopping - making coffee - writing (amazing really) Plucking eyebrows (dangerous as the tweezers are v likely to slip in your eye and blind you)  Brushing hair out of face which just makes you look like and old EMO.  Frown

I thought this was a reading thread.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1195 on: April 09, 2013, 10:21 PM »

Ferrer locked in cupboards????? I never knew that!!!!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1196 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22 PM »

I thought this was a reading thread.
There's always room for a side shift.  However - I do have a date with Jack Reacher.  Wink
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1197 on: April 09, 2013, 10:24 PM »

There's always room for a side shift.  However - I do have a date with Jack Reacher.  Wink

Your deluded today Elly. If its any consolation, I have a date with Carrie White. (2013 film not 1978) she is much fitter in 2013 movie.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1198 on: April 09, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Your deluded today Elly. If its any consolation, I have a date with Carrie White. (2013 film not 1978) she is much fitter in 2013 movie.
I'm not deluded, hon - I'm having a wee laugh.  I think that's allowed?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1199 on: April 09, 2013, 10:25 PM »

I'm not deluded, hon - I'm having a wee laugh.  I think that's allowed?

The deluded part was a laugh. Your funny today is what I meant.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »