Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 36812 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1200 on: April 09, 2013, 10:34 PM »

Well - if you can't laugh - you may as well give up. Life is way, way too short. 

I'm off to bed with Jack Reacher - lucky me!! Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1201 on: April 12, 2013, 05:30 PM »

I am jobless for around 50 days and I want to read different books, but fiction novels.

Looking out for 5 books which I can read, to begin with. Suggestions please.

PS- I do not like serious books. Would like to read something fun and light hearted at the moment.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1202 on: April 12, 2013, 05:33 PM »

I am jobless for around 50 days and I want to read different books, but fiction novels.

Looking out for 5 books which I can read, to begin with. Suggestions please.

PS- I do not like serious books. Would like to read something fun and light hearted at the moment.
Read a Stephen king novel.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1203 on: April 12, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Read a Stephen king novel.

Name of the novel please. Suggest one of his best.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1204 on: April 12, 2013, 05:34 PM »

Name of the novel please. Suggest one of his best.

The Shining - good old scare.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1205 on: April 12, 2013, 05:34 PM »

The Shining - good old scare.

Ok. Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1206 on: April 12, 2013, 05:36 PM »

But actually, I dont wanna read a horror novel. Think
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1207 on: April 12, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Just finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King. 800 pages of bliss.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1208 on: April 12, 2013, 08:11 PM »

Just started to read on my Kindle a book called The Protocol by James Acton not really got into it yet. I like thrillers and this one was rated as 5 stars. It is about the discovery of crystal skulls found in Peru. Will probably read in bed as telly is crap.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1209 on: April 16, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Starting to read some of Stephen's short story collections. I read one of his novella's and I hear he is as good as writing short stories as short novels.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1210 on: April 17, 2013, 07:27 AM »

But actually, I dont wanna read a horror novel. Think

Sabine,
check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

(Don't read the plot if you intend to read the book -- it's a spoiler).

I first read it when I was not much older than you are now.

It can be an enjoyable light read, something with deep philosophical/sociological meaning or both...you decide. 

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1211 on: April 17, 2013, 09:22 AM »

Sabine,
check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

(Don't read the plot if you intend to read the book -- it's a spoiler).

I first read it when I was not much older than you are now.

It can be an enjoyable light read, something with deep philosophical/sociological meaning or both...you decide.  

Thanks for the suggestion and the warning, Tom. Smile

I'll definitely read it but now I have to wonder how do I get the book. I hate online reading so will have to check it out in a library or a bookstore.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1212 on: April 17, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Just started a book called Devil May Care it is a bond book not written by Ian Fleming can't remember the author but on book review it has 5 stars. Just started it but so far quite good.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1213 on: April 24, 2013, 06:09 PM »

I am reading two books - Journey of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton and Atoms, Einstein, & the Universe by Dr. Robert Piccioni. Both very thought provoking. Have to put down from time to time to think about things.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1214 on: April 25, 2013, 09:28 AM »

Salem's Lot ..... nervous
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »