Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What are you reading right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 Go Down Reply
Author

What are you reading right now?

(Read 33303 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1215 on: April 25, 2013, 07:13 PM »

My little east-end.  geat book.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1216 on: April 26, 2013, 08:08 AM »

The Immortals of Meluha by Amish Tripathi
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1217 on: April 29, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Have read two more Stephen novels in the past few days, my addiction is unsettling.

'Rage' and 'The Gunslinger'

Rage is WOW! O_O no wonder it got pulled out of print by Steve himself.
IP Logged
LORD WONK

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1218 on: June 21, 2013, 11:14 AM »

H H h H
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1219 on: June 28, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Watching Million pound drop and deciding if I shall order a take away an if so what type.

Edit to add: Obviously the wrong thread, a menu.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1220 on: June 29, 2013, 05:26 AM »

^ lmao
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1221 on: August 22, 2013, 01:15 PM »

Has anyone here read 11.22.63 by Stephen King?Read it when I was away on holidays and thought it was SO good.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1222 on: August 23, 2013, 06:35 AM »

Has anyone here read 11.22.63 by Stephen King?Read it when I was away on holidays and thought it was SO good.
Stephen King is my favourite author Dani! I own quite a lot of his books and read them every few years or so. He's a genius! I don't have that one, but I've probably read it. Is it about J.F.K? I'm also watching a new TV series called 'Under The Dome' written By King. Only one episode so far and looking forward to the next!  Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1223 on: August 23, 2013, 10:26 AM »

Stephen King is my favourite author Dani! I own quite a lot of his books and read them every few years or so. He's a genius! I don't have that one, but I've probably read it. Is it about J.F.K? I'm also watching a new TV series called 'Under The Dome' written By King. Only one episode so far and looking forward to the next!  Very Happy

Oooh,Caz,I've been watching Under The Dome too!Except I've been watching it online,so I'm a bit further ahead.Must admit,I probably wouldn't have started it-or even heard of it-if it didn't star Mike Vogel as Barbie-love him!  wub But it's pretty good Smile

I've never actually read one of Stephen King's books before this,but I may in future (not a horror one though) as this was so good. It is-it's about a guy that travels back in time to try and stop the assasination of JFK.Which I thought sounded totally bizarre,but once I got my head around the this-can't-happen thing,it was SO good.I loved the perspective that came from experiencing and living in the past-but from the point of view of someone who lived in 2011.It was totally different to a book just set in that era.

In fact,I enjoyed the book so much that when I came home,having originally got the book out of the library,I bought it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1224 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44 AM »

Careful Dani.......Stephen King can become addictive!  Very Happy I don't really think of him as a horror writer, as in blood and gore which I can't stand, but he does do 'spooky' and psychological thrillers! Salem's Lot was the scariest, but he writes stuff like 'The Shawshank Redemption' too! That's on TV tonight and is a 'must see' if you haven't already.....he also wrote 'The Green Mile'! Lots of his books have been turned into filmsI You ought to go down the library and pick up half a dozen. Look for 'The Stand' and 'It'! He has several books of short stories and those are great too! The only ones I couldn't get into, where his 'Dark Tower' series, but I didn't really give them a fair chance, so I'll go back to them one day!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1225 on: August 23, 2013, 11:59 AM »

Hah,I may have to check out some of his books at some point Caz!(Though I have a large to-read pile,so I should probably read those before I start on any others!) The problem is I scare really really easily,so I usully tend to try and steer clear of any books that I'll find too scary (same with movies.HATE any kind of horror movie.) Since I've been watching Under The Dome I thought about reading it,but I've heard from people that read the book that the show differs from the book a lot,so I might wait a bit.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1226 on: August 23, 2013, 01:11 PM »

I haven't read 'Under The Dome', but I know that books are usually always better than the films....Harry Potter is a great example of that. If you haven't already seen 'The Shawshank Redemption' though, do watch that. It's a marvelous movie and not at all scary! Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1227 on: August 23, 2013, 01:22 PM »

I haven't read 'Under The Dome', but I know that books are usually always better than the films....Harry Potter is a great example of that. If you haven't already seen 'The Shawshank Redemption' though, do watch that. It's a marvelous movie and not at all scary! Very Happy

So very true Caz!I like the Harry Potter movies,saw every one of them in cinemas-but they were never going to be able to be as good as those wonderful books!

Oooh,I really must watch Shawshank,I have a friend who has been trying to get me to watch it for ages!But isn't it supposed to be very sad though?I need to be in a certain mood before I'm able to watch sad films.(You should have seen me watching Titanic!Actually,be glad you didn't.It wasn't a pretty sight!)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1228 on: August 23, 2013, 01:26 PM »

So very true Caz!I like the Harry Potter movies,saw every one of them in cinemas-but they were never going to be able to be as good as those wonderful books!

Oooh,I really must watch Shawshank,I have a friend who has been trying to get me to watch it for ages!But isn't it supposed to be very sad though?I need to be in a certain mood before I'm able to watch sad films.(You should have seen me watching Titanic!Actually,be glad you didn't.It wasn't a pretty sight!)
It'a a mixture Dani, but you'll enjoy it!  yes It's on ITV2 tonight at 9pm.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: What are you reading right now? « Reply #1229 on: September 22, 2013, 03:08 PM »

Gangsta....and any other Stephen King fans, there's a new book out call 'Dr. Sleep'! It's a follow up to 'The Shining'!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »