Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Playground  >  What did you do today? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 ... 488 Go Down Reply
Author

What did you do today?

(Read 120529 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6795 on: February 21, 2013, 04:09 AM »

Learnt Fly Me To the Moon on the Saxaphone... my first proper tune, really had fun Very Happy
Excellent!
You are inspiring me to crack open my fiddle. Poor fellow must be suffocating by now.
Check out the sax solo in Bill Withers "Just The Two of Us," one of my all-time favourite songs.
[ Last edit by scotnadian February 21, 2013, 05:09 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6796 on: February 21, 2013, 04:16 AM »

Celebrated my daughter's 18th.

That is one of the most unique birthday cakes I've ever seen. Hope you and yours all enjoyed it and your daughter's birthday.
What is it about Trevor McD that caught her interest?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6797 on: February 21, 2013, 05:04 AM »

Had a 'frank' conversation with a colleague who needs to pull her weight a bit more.  Slopey shoulder syndrome - not fair on the rest of the team. 
Ooooh.. A bit Tricky-Sticky.
How did you handle that?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6798 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22 AM »

I f*cked a sheep.
What is it with you and sheep? lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6799 on: February 21, 2013, 08:24 AM »

She's lovely Veronica! I do wish more people would choose animals from shelters rather than buying them from sometimes unscrupulous breeders! There are too many unwanted and uncared for animals in the world! She's one of the lucky ones! What have you called her?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6800 on: February 21, 2013, 11:20 AM »

I watched a program yesterday it was RCA in Australia. I felt sick they raided a puppy farm I have never seen so many animals in a terrible condition. Their coats were badly mated and the were filthy some were blind and there was an elderly Labrador who was heavily pregnant she look exhausted she had been used as a breeding machine she must have been about ten years old. It was terrible I felt so bad how someone could treat animals like that. They got the owner of the farm they were fined $10,000 not enough those people should be put in Jail and the key thrown away.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6801 on: February 22, 2013, 02:18 AM »

I watched a program yesterday it was RCA in Australia. I felt sick they raided a puppy farm I have never seen so many animals in a terrible condition. Their coats were badly mated and the were filthy some were blind and there was an elderly Labrador who was heavily pregnant she look exhausted she had been used as a breeding machine she must have been about ten years old. It was terrible I felt so bad how someone could treat animals like that. They got the owner of the farm they were fined $10,000 not enough those people should be put in Jail and the key thrown away.
That's appalling LB.  I don't think I could have watched that programme because it would have made me so angry.  I support only one charity and that's the SSPCA because I abhor cruelty to animals.

At least in the UK offenders can be sent to prison for 6 months (the alternative being a £20,000 fine), although Parliament is considering tougher measures.  However, no doubt that, as usual, these will probably never see the light of day.  In most states of the US though offenders can be sentenced for up to five years.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6802 on: February 22, 2013, 01:59 PM »

I have been shopping today with my husband. As usual buying new trousers for my grandson he is 5 but is a big boy for his age. 3 new pairs of trousers with elasticated waist size 6 to 7 years. He is growing so fast and grows out of his clothes in now time. Thank goodness childrens clothes are cheaper than they used to be.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6803 on: February 22, 2013, 05:01 PM »

Highlight of the day so far - going to the chemist to pick up a prescription. Rolling Eyes 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6804 on: February 22, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Ooooh.. A bit Tricky-Sticky.
How did you handle that?
Basically had a 'show and tell' as regards what tasks we had outstanding.  Divied the outstanding stuff between everyone - myself included - in the spirit of 'let's get this done'.  Had a wee word with her on the quiet and asked if all was OK and if she felt the workload was too much, or found it hard to prioritise - and if so, to let me know before it got out of hand - but have sort of tried to pre-empt it by having a general get together every Monday, where we all say where we are and what we have on for the week ahead.  Hard work.  She's a nice girl, but just hates admin!  Very Happy 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6805 on: February 22, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Highlight of the day so far - going to the chemist to pick up a prescription. Rolling Eyes 
Roll on 'Andy Time'!  x
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6806 on: February 22, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Roll on 'Andy Time'!  x
I'd have done more but the weather here is dull and bitterely cold.  At least I did watch most of the Tsonga/Tomic match later.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6807 on: February 22, 2013, 08:43 PM »

I'd have done more but the weather here is dull and bitterely cold.  At least I did watch most of the Tsonga/Tomic match later.
The winter time is crap and does affect your mood (or, at least, it does mine)  Spring is on the way - and lots more tennis! yay
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6808 on: February 22, 2013, 08:55 PM »

For Aileen

IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What did you do today? « Reply #6809 on: February 22, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Really hope the weather is better this spring/ summer to allow for more tennis playing! pray

Spent today helping children choose winners from a whole school poster competition, assessing spelling, directing 110 children in a production of Annie then helped my class continue creating books about the rainforest. Never a dull moment. :p

Going for a swim then out for lunch tomorrow  yay

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 ... 488 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »