Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Estimated time - 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Playground  >  Word Changing Game (8 Letters - Change 2)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 298 Reply

Word Changing Game (8 Letters - Change 2)

PUNISHED   (-ZP  +SH)
IP Logged

BANISHED
IP Logged

HARDLINE  (-BS  +RL)
IP Logged

DEADLINE
IP Logged
Caz

DEADZONE ( - LI + ZO ) I should add that 'The Deadzone' is a book by Stephen King, so I'm not sure if the word existed before he penned it!  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz

Were you going for the same word Aileen?
IP Logged

Were you going for the same word Aileen?
Oh sorry - deleted my earlier post.  No I was trying to come up with a word.  Never thought of that one though!  Also deadzone does exist - it's an area at the edge of a lake or ocean where marine and other life cannot be sustained due to lack of oxygen caused by human and industrial pollutants.  (Google is my friend!)

DEADZONE

to

DOZENALS ( - ED + LS )    [counting in 12s rather than 10s]
[ Last edit by Aileen March 15, 2013, 06:45 PM ] IP Logged

Oh sorry - deleted my earlier post.  No I was trying to come up with a word.  Never thought of that one though!  Also deadzone does exist - it's an area at the edge of a lake or ocean where marine and other life cannot be sustained due to lack of oxygen caused by human and industrial pollutants.  (Google is my friend!)

DEADZONE

to

DOZENALS ( - ED + LS )    [counting in 12s rather than 10s]

REALLY?
IP Logged

^ http://gorpub.freeshell.org/dozenal/blosxom.cgi/doztools.html  and the plural exists as well.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 15, 2013, 07:23 PM ] IP Logged

12 sucks, should so switch to an octal system.
IP Logged

12 sucks, should so switch to an octal system.
10 is much easier - well for myself at least.  I must have been one of the few people who were happy when decimal currency, etc, was brought it.

Anyway back to the game -

DOZENALS
IP Logged

10 is much easier - well for myself at least.  I must have been one of the few people who were happy when decimal currency, etc, was brought it.
Why is ten easier?

LEMONADE
IP Logged

Why is ten easier?
Because I find it more natural to count in tens, so I guess that's just how my brain works for whatever reason.

DEMONISE ( - LA + IS )
IP Logged

Because I find it more natural to count in tens, so I guess that's just how my brain works for whatever reason.
You find it more naturally because you grew up doing it lol, it's more naturally to everybody I imagine, but if you grew up using an 8-base system that would be more natural to you.

DISOWNED
IP Logged

DOZENALS isn't listed in Dictionary.com.   Where's the ref?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 298 Reply